CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Mansfield Town matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

Topics: 59

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that was probably the best game I've seen this year. Maybe this season!

Even when it was going wrong in the first half it was still miles better than what we have been seeing. Effort, endeavour and no little skill. Great effort by all the players. Just one question. why didn't the do this over the rest of this year?

Jim Baker
SuperRedDevils
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 13

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair we have had some great home performances like today, against Doncaster, Carlisle and Plymouth. Ok we didn't win any but we have shown alot of fight.
colin
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well what a cracking end to a aufull season really enjoyed today,atmosphere back to what we are used to a real feel good factor now the Dummy has gone just goes to show the same players can show a bit of commitment .
The icing on the cake sewing SE throughing his toys out of the pram have missed that and would have him back tomorrow
Well done Matt you deserved your cameo waiting in expectation for the new man
far2jammy
First Team
First Team

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoyed a Crawley game for the first time in 2017. That has left me feeling positive as at least 9 of the squad today will be with us next year. Another great goal keeping display. I do hope that the new manager works on fitness as over the season where we rarely have the ball we lag in games. But today we looked like creating chances and challenged a more physical team for the ball all over the park (except first 30mims).

Great strike from Roberts there is a player in there somewhere would be interesting to seem him fit, interested and with a run in the side.
Ashdown Red
First Team
First Team

Topics: 31

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Baker wrote:
Well, that was probably the best game I've seen this year. Maybe this season!

Even when it was going wrong in the first half it was still miles better than what we have been seeing. Effort, endeavour and no little skill. Great effort by all the players. Just one question. why didn't the do this over the rest of this year?

Jim Baker

Fully agree Jim, most exciting game this season. In the second half the players gave everything for our young manager.
I hought overall we were the better team and were unlucky not to win.
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cracking game we should have won. Like has been said you wonder what could have been. Well done Matt Harold. Suspect its the last we will see of him but has left a few good memories in his time at the club. Just unlucky .
Red Army
First Team
First Team

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do hope Harold stays on in some capacity in the club. Gives absolutely everything in every role he has been given since day one he's come here. Comes across really well in interviews too.
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red Army wrote:
I do hope Harold stays on in some capacity in the club. Gives absolutely everything in every role he has been given since day one he's come here. Comes across really well in interviews too.

Agree 100%
John The Gas
Coach
Coach

Topics: 85

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most exciting game of the season today.

It was very noticeable that we moved the ball FORWARD as opposed to sideways and backwards.

We also had shots at goal that resulted in the ball hitting the back of the net. With a little luck, we could have left the field with maximum points.

JTG
SuperRedDevils
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 13

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah jeez our captain is called Billy Smith according to BBC report
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39753916
Red Army
First Team
First Team

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't there today but encouragingly high attendance from us and sounds like a good atmosphere too?
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First half pathetic lacklustre worst 45 minutes all season. Up steps the king applies a wet sponge at halftime players wake and we see best 45 minutes of the season. It perhpas summarised our season inconsistent and the dummy incapable of getting the best out of our players. Long live the King. Undefeated under the king and an extremely popular man in the dugout. I came away entertained and really enjoyed the match. Long live the king.
sloth
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 12

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, bloody hell. More enjoyment in 45 minutes than the rest of the season put together. Such commitment - work rate, chasing back, aggression.There was a Red Wave surging towards the South stand, and we we should have won (if we quietly ignore Mansfield's missed chances in the first half). A miserable first half and a rejuvinating second. And that's what we wanted wasn't it? We didn't win but we didn't mind because we threw the kitchen sink at the opposition.
Special mention for Dean Cox who seemed to think he had a number 9 on his back as he charged down the middle. And a nice touch was the players children as mascots. The players seemed to enjoy that as much as their kids.
ant
Coach
Coach

Topics: 24

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:

MH brought himself on with about 1 minute of injury time left for the shortest of cameos, suggesting he knows it was probably his last appearance in a Reds shirt. If so it was a very positive end.

I read it the same way too. But thinking about it and the way he spoke post match and the statement from the owner about having someone on board who knows the club just had me thnking...

The last time we went down the "boot room" route it was with FV. That didn't turn out bad did it.

I'd personally favour Dannie Bulman as the new manager working alongside someone like Craig Brewster as coach...but replacing Matt for Dannie wouldn't be the worse move ever would it.

He knows the club, is popular with fans, whipped some passion up and probably realises at 32 and after three or four seasons of injury woes he's not got that much more football in him
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ant wrote:
Simon wrote:

MH brought himself on with about 1 minute of injury time left for the shortest of cameos, suggesting he knows it was probably his last appearance in a Reds shirt. If so it was a very positive end.

I read it the same way too. But thinking about it and the way he spoke post match and the statement from the owner about having someone on board who knows the club just had me thnking...

The last time we went down the "boot room" route it was with FV. That didn't turn out bad did it.

I'd personally favour Dannie Bulman as the new manager working alongside someone like Craig Brewster as coach...but replacing Matt for Dannie wouldn't be the worse move ever would it.

He knows the club, is popular with fans, whipped some passion up and probably realises at 32 and after three or four seasons of injury woes he's not got that much more football in him
Bulman has what managerial experience? Even more of a gamble than the dummy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: