CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Drummy and Gray have gone
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maidenbower Millionaire
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 228

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dermot and Matt.

I wish you both well for the future.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil T wrote:
thad wrote:
He did a more than decent job up until January...

Co-incidentally, that was when Cox joined us..........

Was it also when we abandoned playing three at back..?

dontknow

The January transfer window was not a great success, the clear priority should have been a left-back and likely the manager was a hostage to fortune having signed Cox instead, he was under more pressure to start him than any other.
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right decision . more tricky problem is most of the squad have been signed up for next season. Doesn't give the new man much room to manouver
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we are getting a Turkish manager. Yimaz Vural has been mentioned last night.
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
I think we are getting a Turkish manager. Yimaz Vural has been mentioned last night.

A quick Google search suggests Yilmaz has managed 33 clubs since the late 80's.
Sounds like a perfect candidate.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
I bet it won't take long for people to moan about something else. Shocked
Im very happy Peter though it robbed me of telling him what I thought of him Saturday, ok there you go a little moan but no im happy he had to go it was embarrassing the way we were outplayed yesterday and weve had a dreadful season dance
srn151161
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 25

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How quickly things turn..not long ago many people were saying DD was the messiah and we should give him lots of time to turn things round.

The fact that he had never managed nor had any experience at this level simply passed everyone by. I don't blame DD at all as he was desperate to have a go at management. I blame the guy who recruited him in the first place then gave him a meagre budget. I think the time is right for our Turkish leader to hold a forum at which he attends to explain how he is going to get us out of this mess. If there is no more money on the table then in 12 months time we will be in exactly the same place.

We will no doubt be fed lots of positive marketing waffle from all and sundry but fans watch football matches when teams are winning and under DD and his lovely delicate passing football we won next to nowt.

May the next man in not be an experiment but a man who knows how to get a team to put in a shift and scrap it's way to a few victories..
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armchairfan wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:

A quick Google search suggests Yilmaz has managed 33 clubs since the late 80's.
Sounds like a perfect candidate.
and how many more speculative names will we get
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

srn151161 wrote:
How quickly things turn..not long ago many people were saying DD was the messiah and we should give him lots of time to turn things round.

Not sure that is true, just cos someone doesn't believe in a regime of constant sacking doesn't mean that they haven't been realistic & critical of performances.

I simply don't believe in change for change sake and think the owner was right to back him and give him an opportunity to turn things around, if you simply sacked people when fans start whinging you would have a new bloke every fortnight.

Yes it was always a brave appointment and if the season had ended sometime in February he'd have done a decent job in difficult circumstances... that needs to be remembered rather than the insipid displays that marked the end of his tenancy and ultimately cost him his job.
ElTel
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 2

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Mr Eren hasn't already got someone in place there will be queue of ex players and managers desperate to get back in football.
pedlar
First Team
First Team

Topics: 206

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
srn151161 wrote:

Not sure that is true, just cos someone doesn't believe in a regime of constant sacking doesn't mean that they haven't been realistic & critical of performances.

I simply don't believe in change for change sake and think the owner was right to back him and give him an opportunity to turn things around, if you simply sacked people when fans start whinging you would have a new bloke every fortnight.

Yes it was always a brave appointment and if the season had ended sometime in February he'd have done a decent job in difficult circumstances... that needs to be remembered rather than the insipid displays that marked the end of his tenancy and ultimately cost him his job.

Can you explain "in difficult circumstances" mean?
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
srn151161 wrote:

but the season didnt end in February! And as far as im concerned good riddance as this great club was in freefall
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
srn151161 wrote:

If the season ended in February I doubt MY would have been fired and DD wouldn't have arrived.

All its and buts, sadly for them both the season ends in May.....in fact I even remember JG having the occasional decent result.
Warren
Coach
Coach

Topics: 299

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of other out of work managers worth looking at?

A return for Dean Saunders?

Nigel Adkins?
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warren wrote:
A couple of other out of work managers worth looking at?

A return for Dean Saunders?

Nigel Adkins?
DS was hopeless last time around when the chips were down no thank you
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: