CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Cambridge United matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Careful Graeme. You are dealing with someone who thought signing Collins for 3 years was a big risk.
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil B wrote:
88 mins Cambridge penalty and Payne red card

2-0 Embarassed Embarassed

FT : 2-0

Newports loss means Crawley cannot finish lower than 20th

We're 21st now... Embarassed Embarassed
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John The Gas wrote:
Peter wrote:
allanp wrote:
I know we are safe this season but form since Chrismas is the worst in League 2.

No it isn't, but don't let the facts get in the way of a good moan. Razz

Were you there today.Peter?

Obviously not.

JTG

And the relevance to statistical facts? Are they exclusively available to travelling fans?
Alan (Cheltenham Branch)
First Team
First Team

Topics: 3

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graeme wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:
thad wrote:
My confusion, I thought - with strong regard for your liberal attitude to diction - that sth was a jedi warrior who utilized the dark side of the Force.

I'm a pretty dull, everyday fan who has never had a season ticket or ever intends to. There are various reasons but most of all I like the freedom of not having pre-paid for a match I may not be able - or indeed may voluntarily elect not - to attend.

We have disparate perspectives RR&R. I'm not a trigger-happy hire 'em and fire 'em type, I look to the positives and see if they can be built upon... probably a carry-over from my professional experience, which itself seems out of kilter with the modern world of football that appears to be all about instant gratification.
the more you see (e.g. sth) of the dummy attempting to manage the club you realise how he isnt up for the job. Yes we've had one or two half-baked attempts at playing football but if you look across the whole season you will see Crawley have underperformed failed to largely entertain recuit retain fans and performances have simply got worse with many players retained, dummy's recruits have flopped theres no indication the dummy is capable of changing himself! Weve nose dived so close to nonleague football we cannot afford to wait any longer to change things. The manequin has to go.

I am not biting, just interested who you want them to replace Dummy with ?
(Please don't say Evans, I think he was really good but he would not be interested without them doubling the budget.)

I wouldn't hold your breath on that one. I have asked the same question on several occasions in the past after the honeymoon period for a new manager has worn off and the ranting started. I never got an answer then - I doubt whether you will get one now.
Graeme
Coach
Coach

Topics: 68

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan (Cheltenham Branch) wrote:

I wouldn't hold your breath on that one. I have asked the same question on several occasions in the past after the honeymoon period for a new manager has worn off and the ranting started. I never got an answer then - I doubt whether you will get one now.

You are obviously correct.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graeme wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:
thad wrote:
My confusion, I thought - with strong regard for your liberal attitude to diction - that sth was a jedi warrior who utilized the dark side of the Force.

I'm a pretty dull, everyday fan who has never had a season ticket or ever intends to. There are various reasons but most of all I like the freedom of not having pre-paid for a match I may not be able - or indeed may voluntarily elect not - to attend.

We have disparate perspectives RR&R. I'm not a trigger-happy hire 'em and fire 'em type, I look to the positives and see if they can be built upon... probably a carry-over from my professional experience, which itself seems out of kilter with the modern world of football that appears to be all about instant gratification.
the more you see (e.g. sth) of the dummy attempting to manage the club you realise how he isnt up for the job. Yes we've had one or two half-baked attempts at playing football but if you look across the whole season you will see Crawley have underperformed failed to largely entertain recuit retain fans and performances have simply got worse with many players retained, dummy's recruits have flopped theres no indication the dummy is capable of changing himself! Weve nose dived so close to nonleague football we cannot afford to wait any longer to change things. The manequin has to go.

(Please don't say Evans, I think he was really good but he would not be interested without them doubling the budget.)

come end of season there will be plenty of good CVs drop on Mr Erin desk he will have plenty to choose from speculating now seems somewhat pointless as im sure more will join the ranks of unemployed and job swopping etc once the seasons finish for all clubs
Alan (Cheltenham Branch)
First Team
First Team

Topics: 3

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
Graeme wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:
thad wrote:

come end of season there will be plenty of good CVs drop on Mr Erin desk he will have plenty to choose from speculating now seems somewhat pointless as im sure more will join the ranks of unemployed and job swopping etc once the seasons finish for all clubs

That may well be true but I don't think Graeme was asking you to speculate on who might apply if there was to be a vacancy. He was asking who you would want to replace the person you seem determined to moan about at every opportunity.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: