CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Billy Clifford and who should we retain or release
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil T wrote:
notso wrote:
ElTel wrote:
Everyone seems to love Young but he is just a makeshift fullback I'm sure he could do a better job further forward than the useless Enzio.

These are the two who combined superbly for our goal on Saturday. Brilliant play by both I would say.

And Clifford involved positively........

Who'd have thought, eh!

Wink
when we got relegated the other players couldnt be seen they couldnt exit fast enough but lewis stayed behind was last off the pitch reemerged and was prepared to face the music talk to fans etc he was clearly upset about going down and ive respect for the gits he has shown not just then but in his efforts and make shift footballing in defence. He deserves consideration for short contract.
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Young hasn't already signed he will be offered a contract . he has versatility and durability 100 plus games. He has the occasional howler but def improved since he joined. One of the senior players now.
John The Gas
Coach
Coach

Topics: 85

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
If Young hasn't already signed he will be offered a contract . he has versatility and durability 100 plus games. He has the occasional howler but def improved since he joined. One of the senior players now.

Occasional howler? Man you are having a chuckle,surely?

Yes, Young has improved this season under the current management, but he is still a liability.

He can't even take a simple throw in - he's been penalised a few times this season - I think the Officials are embarrassed to flag against a professional footballer.But he does clap the Fans !!!

Never a footballer in a million years - Bin him.

JTG
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John The Gas wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:

Yes, Young has improved this season under the current management, but he is still a liability.

He can't even take a simple throw in - he's been penalised a few times this season - I think the Officials are embarrassed to flag against a professional footballer.But he does clap the Fans !!!

JTG
he is a footballer no of great std but good enough to be in a league two squad. He has suffered from dreadful coaching under the manequins manageririal term. Can play in number positions and to his credit he tries unlike many others.
John The Gas
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
John The Gas wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:

JTG
he is a footballer no of great std but good enough to be in a league two squad. He has suffered from dreadful coaching under the manequins manageririal term. Can play in number positions and to his credit he tries unlike many others.

He can try as much as he likes and he'll still be a Sunday morning Pub player.

It's no coincidence that the opposition seem to ping the ball in the direction of Young, for one reason - He is the weak link, simple.

JTG
pedlar
First Team
First Team

Topics: 206

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally agree JTG.

Got to go.
lee 66
Coach
Coach

Topics: 104

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pedlar wrote:
Totally agree JTG.

Got to go.

I've come to the conclusion over the last few seasons that there are many players in the lower leagues stealing a living as a full time professional player.We need really to reduce the amount of teams because there clearly isn't enough players of the required standard to go round.
Sulton111
First Team
First Team

Topics: 30

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lewis young is NOT a defender play him as the winger he is and you will see a different player but DD won't do that as he has nobody else who can fill the void LY would leave
far2jammy
First Team
First Team

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sulton111 wrote:
Lewis young is NOT a defender play him as the winger he is and you will see a different player but DD won't do that as he has nobody else who can fill the void LY would leave

But his crossing is not good enough to be a winger and his scared to shoot. Surprised that some are frustrated at enzo at least his got a goal in him and wins the odd header. I think you need to factor the amount of good balls into him.
John The Gas
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sulton111 wrote:

He's been tried there AND as a wing back - He failed in those positions too !!

JTG
Sulton111
First Team
First Team

Topics: 30

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John The Gas wrote:
Sulton111 wrote:

JTG

I don't believe he did fail at least no more than the rubbish that was playing around him for the most part.

Its easy to make Young a scapegoat due to being played out of position but at least he puts the effort in unlike Enzio who only plays when he can be bothered.
John The Gas
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sulton111 wrote:
John The Gas wrote:
Sulton111 wrote:

JTG

I don't believe he did fail at least no more than the rubbish that was playing around him for the most part.

Its easy to make Young a scapegoat due to being played out of position but at least he puts the effort in unlike Enzio who only plays when he can be bothered.

I shall try and simplify this for you another way as you don't seem to understand.

Would you employ a cleaner that can't use a dustpan & brush?

NO - So why employ a player that can't play?

JTG
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the views of Young are very harsh. He has been one of our better players this season and had some very good games. He obviously isn't the strongest defender but his pace and positioning allow him to do a decent job 7 /10 times. He has an occasional howler but that's the rub with players at this level.

I would def retain him as we aren't going to be able to afford much better and for me left back and a couple of mobile strong midfielders are a priority.
reigatered
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Young should only be retained if he is to play wide right in the midfield. He is a liability at full back. In fact we certainly need new full backs on both sides as left back has clearly been an Achilles heal all season.

Regrettably Smith will be back because of his contract, but he is poor at this level. Being earnest and hard running hard and 'delivering a shift' is just not enough. He does not have a killer ball in his locker, constantly passes sideways or back and contributes very few goals really. He is just a workhorse and we will not progress with players like him in the side week in and week out.

Despite his lapses I think that Yorworth is potentially a good footballer. he is young and will mature with age. I would retain him.

Roberts is probably another Harrold. Hardly ever available to play. The management must take a hard look at whether he is fit enough and serious about committing to the club. He seems a bit of a fair weather only type to me.
pedlar
First Team
First Team

Topics: 206

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reigatered wrote:
Young should only be retained if he is to play wide right in the midfield. He is a liability at full back. In fact we certainly need new full backs on both sides as left back has clearly been an Achilles heal all season.

Regrettably Smith will be back because of his contract, but he is poor at this level. Being earnest and hard running hard and 'delivering a shift' is just not enough. He does not have a killer ball in his locker, constantly passes sideways or back and contributes very few goals really. He is just a workhorse and we will not progress with players like him in the side week in and week out.

Despite his lapses I think that Yorworth is potentially a good footballer. he is young and will mature with age. I would retain him.

Roberts is probably another Harrold. Hardly ever available to play. The management must take a hard look at whether he is fit enough and serious about committing to the club. He seems a bit of a fair weather only type to me.

I couldn't agree more with your post. Spot on.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: