CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Leyton Orient matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
allanp
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 43

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the team don't think they played well as that was poor, especially the second half.
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly good to see Mr Eren outside meeting supporters before and after the game. That's one big positive compared to a year ago.

We did what we needed to to win the game, took the chances when they came, although to be fair their keeper had a bit of a mare.

However it was a shame that we didn't make an effort after the break. The chance was there to try and play entertaining football and go for the kill but we seemed more interested in wasting time. Best illustrated by Lewis Young deliberately underkicking the ball for a corner and GK forcing a team mate to go about 30 yards to get it. It really was that pathetic.

Still we have clearly done enough now to stay up, and in my books 15th or 16th would be very acceptable for a team who were favourites to go down.

Sad to see Orient in such a mess, just a bunch of kids really but they kept going and the left sided lad Semedo would be a useful signing.

Finally for the referees on here, who was that buffoon with the flag on the West Stand side? Several times the ref needed to give fouls etc from 40 yards away for incidents less than 10 yards from the assistant who apparently didn't see them. I thought assistants were supposed to assist the ref but this guy was a complete muppet.
Alex BH
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 54

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was the easiest win will we have all season. Orient have got to be the worst team I've seen in the 5 years or so since we've been promoted to the FL. I can't see a team that poor staying up!

Some great set piece deliveries for the goals and Enzio caused havoc with his pace in behind. We should've put him up front and told him to stay on the shoulder of the last defender because they were so slow to react to anything and their keeper seemed glued to his line. We should've really put them to the sword.

Second half was poor from us, we never exerted ourselves and they never had the quality or desire to get back into the game.

Although enjoyable watching us win and score 3 goals, I went away from that feeling we didn't really play that well and were just up against a very poor side that would probably be relegated from the conference.
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once the game was won, I could hardly blame players for wanting to avoid injuries with so little to play for. For some of them, a long-term injury would mean unemployment pay.
Graeme
Coach
Coach

Topics: 68

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How we won that i really don't know. We will play 10 times better and lose. We looked lethargic at a lot of times we were totally outplayed. Once Kaby went off we looked even worse. Blackman was awful Payne makes miles to many mistakes. It's a good job Orient couldn't finish or defend.

Still 3-0 and i reckon were safe.
Phil T
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 102

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not read the thread yet,but we were *beep* and they were park level.

My sympathies to their fans.
PCrawley1
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 3

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graeme wrote:
How we won that i really don't know. We will play 10 times better and lose. We looked lethargic at a lot of times we were totally outplayed. Once Kaby went off we looked even worse. Blackman was awful Payne makes miles to many mistakes. It's a good job Orient couldn't finish or defend.

Still 3-0 and i reckon were safe.

Personally thought It was one of blackman better games. Thankfully had very little to do defensively and looked decent going forward as usual. Just wish we would start him left wing and then we may actually see him at his best.
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulc222 wrote:
Once the game was won, I could hardly blame players for wanting to avoid injuries with so little to play for. For some of them, a long-term injury would mean unemployment pay.

I suppose it depends if the club is trying to attract new support or not.

Still most players are in it for themselves these days.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I told you boring orient are *beep* and considering that was one of the worst performances by a yet again reshuffled pack from the TOTALLY negative manequin it goes to show what an embarressment boring orient are to professional football. Sooner that useless hopeless bunch of losers leave league two the better. Contenders for worst professiinal team EVER yes EVER to play at the Broadfield. We were dreadful. They were pathetic. Now the worst... we are three up they havnt had a single attempt on target,Morris is a spectator we are attacking corners freekucks they have ONE up front and the dummy manequin wants FOUR players defending the situation. So negative. We could and shouldve doubled minimum our first half goals tally. The manequin has to go after that he showed how negative and unambitious he is.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulc222 wrote:
today we had players non comitted againat players they couldve beat if we had our outfield players legs tied together. Effort at times was disgraceful. Insulting to those that pay their wages. Players ducking out of challengers is totall unacceptable.
Phil B
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 51

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goals

http://www.skysports.com/watch.....ton-orient
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil B wrote:
Goals

http://www.skysports.com/watch.....ton-orient
had there not been three goals putting together match highlights wouldve been impossible.
Phil B
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 51

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow - Thankful that we won. otherwise RRR would really have been p****d off !
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
..they havnt had a single attempt on target,Morris is a spectator...

Really - I saw Morris make two great interventions in a last-ditch sweeper-keeper role and one fabulous save when one-on-one... it is very easy to overlook his brilliance...!
SuperRedDevils
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 13

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:
..they havnt had a single attempt on target,Morris is a spectator...

Really - I saw Morris make two great interventions in a last-ditch sweeper-keeper role and one fabulous save when one-on-one... it is very easy to overlook his brilliance...!

R, R & R is right, they didn't have a shot on target. Of course keepers have other things to do and Morris does it brilliantly, the most composed keeper we have had for ages. Three set pieces, three goals in the space of nine minutes, we didn't do a great deal other than that until Enzio had a good chance later on in the game. We didn't have to get out of second gear. We may not have been great but we could have easily put them to the sword in the second half. The game was won by half time. Revenge for boxing day.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: