CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Crewe Alexandra matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lochislair wrote:
I normally only watch the highlights from the comfort of my armchair. Last night I went along and there were no highlights..

Believe it or not Ian, up until the last month or so the football has been a positive step forward and that has been the managers big saving grace.... it also makes the insipid rubbish being served up at present even more difficult to accept.

scratch

I dunno what has gone wrong, the players should be more familiar with the system and the style, he also introduced a second forward (Murphy) who puts a good shift in... but they seem to have forgotten the basics and the first rule should always be to make life difficult for the opposition.

You've seen it for yourself and read the reaction hereabouts... fans are really bothered by it all... be nice to think people that people at the club share that feeling too..?
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
lochislair wrote:
I normally only watch the highlights from the comfort of my armchair. Last night I went along and there were no highlights..

Believe it or not Ian, up until the last month or so the football has been a positive step forward and that has been the managers big saving grace.... it also makes the insipid rubbish being served up at present even more difficult to accept.

scratch

I dunno what has gone wrong, the players should be more familiar with the system and the style, he also introduced a second forward (Murphy) who puts a good shift in... but they seem to have forgotten the basics and the first rule should always be to make life difficult for the opposition.

You've seen it for yourself and read the reaction hereabouts... fans are really bothered by it all... be nice to think people that people at the club share that feeling too..?
Thad i doubt club are bothered about the manequin as Mr Erin has become the invisible man. Ironically off the pitch i think the club are making real progress. If only we could have pur cake and eat it.
lochislair
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 129

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:

I thought the front two showed real promise. But they were starved of service, because the system set up to deliver that service was beyond the ability of their teammates. And, as I said, when that didn't work neither the coach nor the team seemed to have the wit or ability to search for an alternative. How far behind do you have to be before you try something different?

I don't expect them to go down, but they played like a side who thought the season was over. And Mr Drummy allowed that to continue without a murmur- and the same excuses get rolled out on BBC Sussex every week. JB could set up an excuse sweepstake and make some cash on the side.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lochislair wrote:
I thought the front two showed real promise. But they were starved of service, because the system set up to deliver that service was beyond the ability of their teammates. And, as I said, when that didn't work neither the coach nor the team seemed to have the wit or ability to search for an alternative. How far behind do you have to be before you try something different?

That is a pretty good assessment, Kaby would be the obvious choice to most fans, he would disrupt the opposition play and enable the ball players to do their job more effectively.

I'm turning into a grumpy old man... I'm seeing my mum later and she will tell me off...
"Football is only a silly game and you shouldn't take it so seriously, no good will come of it.."
If only I had listened to her years ago Surprised
Born in Crawley Hospital
Manager
Manager

Topics: 332

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The failure to start Kaby and then to usually haul him off in the second half is an utter mystery to me. He's our most industrious and dynamic player and technically good - he's like our League Two Kante. For me he would the first choice central midfielder at the moment.
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Born in Crawley Hospital wrote:
The failure to start Kaby and then to usually haul him off in the second half is an utter mystery to me. He's our most industrious and dynamic player and technically good - he's like our League Two Kante. For me he would the first choice central midfielder at the moment.

Yes I agree.

Far better than Conor 'Sideways' Henderson, or Josh 'Mistake A Game' Yorwerth.

Most importantly Kaby usually looks interested. Which is always a good start.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You and me both BICH... even the best sides with the most accomplished ball-players in the middle, still have at least one midfield enforcer... someone to do the heavy lifting...

...even the much lauded Barcelona give Busquets & Mascherano the sole job of recycling the ball when it is lost and then playing simple passes in the compact triangles they employ, while a forward moves into a dangerous position ready to receive.

Simon: Josh won brownie points on Tuesday for his spirit & enthusiasm, he will make mistakes particularly at centre-back, but we all love a trier.
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
You and me both BICH... even the best sides with the most accomplished ball-players in the middle, still have at least one midfield enforcer... someone to do the heavy lifting...

...even the much lauded Barcelona give Busquets & Mascherano the sole job of recycling the ball when it is lost and then playing simple passes in the compact triangles they employ, while a forward moves into a dangerous position ready to receive.

Simon: Josh won brownie points on Tuesday for his spirit & enthusiasm, he will make mistakes particularly at centre-back, but we all love a trier.

Indeed we all love a trier, but I'm afraid not one that gives away a goal and collects a yellow card each game.

Honestly I don't think he will be here next season.
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to me that 1) we need a midfield enforcer, a ball-winner and battler such as Bulman or Keane - and we have one in Kaby. Which leads me to 2) it appears DD doesn't think we need such a player, which is why Kaby barely gets a look in, despite it being glaringly obvious to nearly everyone else that he is precisely who we need in the middle of the park.

Kaby should be the first midfielder down on the teamsheet, then you have your pick of Smith, Payne, Clifford, Cox, Bobson, Henderson and Roberts to fill the remaining places. But maybe a non-combative, disorganised, ineffective and easily overrun midfield is part of DD's grand plan? OK i'm being overly cynical in that last part, but why can we see the bleedin' obvious and DD can't?
Phil T
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 102

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorthgateRed wrote:
It seems to me that 1) we need a midfield enforcer, a ball-winner and battler such as Bulman or Keane - and we have one in Kaby. Which leads me to 2) it appears DD doesn't think we need such a player, which is why Kaby barely gets a look in, despite it being glaringly obvious to nearly everyone else that he is precisely who we need in the middle of the park.

Kaby should be the first midfielder down on the teamsheet, then you have your pick of Smith, Payne, Clifford, Cox, Bobson, Henderson and Roberts to fill the remaining places. But maybe a non-combative, disorganised, ineffective and easily overrun midfield is part of DD's grand plan? OK i'm being overly cynical in that last part, but why can we see the bleedin' obvious and DD can't?

How is Kaby performing in training?
Gary M
First Team
First Team

Topics: 21

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I walked out at just after the 3rd goal. The awfulness of that performance was extreme and in my mind it all comes down to Drummy. He seems clueless. He may have been alright coaching the kids at Arsenal and Chelsea, but they were kids, and judging by some of his former charges we have seen come to Crawley, they haven't developed. He has had no experience at senior level at any point in the pyramid and now we are seeing just how far out of his depth he is. Get rid!!
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil T wrote:
NorthgateRed wrote:

Not a clue. I don't take training. I can only go by what I see happen out on the pitch. Kaby is our most dynamic, hard working midfielder and it's blindingly obvious we need a player with his qualities out there. Our midfield is better with him in it than not. Only my opinion of course.
Phil T
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 102

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorthgateRed wrote:
Phil T wrote:
NorthgateRed wrote:

Not a clue. I don't take training. I can only go by what I see happen out on the pitch. Kaby is our most dynamic, hard working midfielder and it's blindingly obvious we need a player with his qualities out there. Our midfield is better with him in it than not. Only my opinion of course.

So is Kaby our most dynamic, hard working midfielder in training?

Is training performance not one of the considerations of team selection?
Wodin
First Team
First Team

Topics: 53

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate to say this but I agree with Thad....

Up until the last few games I thought the football had been better. When we started the season and Roberts was fit it was a revaluation over the past two/three seasons.

I am more than happy with: Connolly, McNerney, Morris, Collins
I am happy..ish with : Yorwerth, Smith, Roberts (when fit)
I am content..sometimes with: Boderwijn, Bobson, Payne, Cox (great delivery - maybe wrong position ?)

Don't know: Young, Kaby, Garnett, Clifford (talented but tries too much),

Oh No : Blackman, Henderson,
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary M wrote:
I walked out at just after the 3rd goal.

That is far far worse than me having a few whinges, Gary is no fair-weather JCL, he has been through the best and worst of times at our club with commendable stoicism.

salut

For what its worth - I saw my mum and she offered a large dose of perspective...

"You cannot put your faith in footballers, they are too stupid to understand anything about how important it is to the fans. They will always let you down.

But it wasn't that long ago that you would have happily settled for having a football club to support."
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: