CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Crewe Alexandra matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hickmott Senior wrote:

That's it for me, it just isn't fun being at CTFC currently. It's not purely the results but more the dreadful football that saps the life out of you. It is utter rubbish

I fear that the undoubted progress off the pitch will be undermined by the rubbish on it

I don't intend to return 'til next season and I'm sure I'm not alone. Let's just hope that's in L2. Thank you God for blessing this league with Newport and Orient

Can't remember whether it was you or Alun that had a subtle dig at me last week about my attendance stats for the season... Wink

But one of you did Twisted Evil
Hickmott Senior
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 10

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
Hickmott Senior wrote:

That's it for me, it just isn't fun being at CTFC currently. It's not purely the results but more the dreadful football that saps the life out of you. It is utter rubbish

I fear that the undoubted progress off the pitch will be undermined by the rubbish on it

I don't intend to return 'til next season and I'm sure I'm not alone. Let's just hope that's in L2. Thank you God for blessing this league with Newport and Orient

Can't remember whether it was you or Alun that had a subtle dig at me last week about my attendance stats for the season... Wink

I'm not a grass but it wasn't me Magnify
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
Phil T wrote:
So the back three. Connolly (if fit), Garnett and McNerney. And my final midfielder would be Yorwerth. He does like to run forward and any mistakes there and we still have cover. (If Connolly is unfit Yorwerth to the back and Smiffy in the middle.).

Blimey Phil, I'd forgotten about Garnett, he must have trod on the managers dog at some point to be so completely overlooked

I feel I've done this one to death, but Yorwerth needs to play in the middle, his natural instinct is to seek the ball and win it... and he is pretty good at it... but you need to be more disciplined as a centre-back and I'm not sure you get the best out of him there..?

And why not see if Kaby fancies a try at fullback, what is there to lose..?

I've always defended DeeDee this season as I like his long-term vision, but he seems to be stuck in a rut, he tinkers rather than changes and there seems to be a lack of pride dominating the dressing room.... I'd like him to explain to me why I should continue to pay good money to watch that level of *beep* for the rest of the season..?
be thankful if not a STH some have already paid to watch the *beep* DD serves up
Born in Crawley Hospital
Manager
Manager

Topics: 332

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing I just couldn't understand yesterday was that yesterday we were crying out for something dynamic and our two most dynamic players in Bawling and Kaby were sat on the bench.

How a DD thought a midfield pairing of Henderson and Payne was going to drag us back into the game was beyond me.

At 3-0 down surely it was time to try something new, would going to 3-5-2 have been any worse?
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It speaks volumes that the players weren't even booed off at the end of that travesty of a game. If they were I didn't hear it. I guess people just couldn't be bothered. Those that stuck it out until the end had either fallen asleep or died of boredom - I think I did both. I never leave a game early, but was on the verge of walking out after an hour of that crap.

Drummy is out of his depth. He hasn't a scooby what to do to change things. It looks to me like he sees every game as one long training session. He probably sees the whole season like that. It's painful to watch CTFC games these days, but DD stands as immobile and emotionless as a housebrick. What's his deal? He makes Barker look animated and clued up.

Something needs to change, and soon. Any more home performances like that and support will die off even more. Then I can see Mr Eren making a change in the summer. I don't want us changing manager so often, but unless things drastically improve under DD, he'll be gone. We are safe from relegation this season hopefully. Next season, more of the same and we will be doomed. DD needs to earn his salary and improve things asap. It genuinely hurts to watch us being so godawful all the time.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By far the biggest omission and insult from the manequin aka DD was no apology no takung responsibility for his part from fans. As for Mr Erin I doubt we will ever see him again he appears to me to have sewn his money in club and gone back to some turkish delight after all what the dummy (yes i know my spellings getting worse) he installed isnt even capaable of throwing his toys out of the pram. Does Mr Erin even KNOW how bad things are??
Red Army
First Team
First Team

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorthgateRed wrote:
It genuinely hurts to watch us being so godawful all the time.

Is it all the time though? Last night was a diabolical result/performance no doubt about it and things have to change, however we were pretty good against Barnet, did well against top of the league Doncaster, good performances away at play off chasing Wycombe and Colchester all in recent weeks.

Okay, most of those were away and were sandwiched between absolute *beep* shows at home but it's not like we're bottom of the league whipping boys losing every game this season. It's a terrible run of form at home at the moment but earlier in the season we have put together good runs, results and some entertaining football at Broadfield. It could be a lot worse and we need to remember we were favourites to go down this year.
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red Army wrote:
NorthgateRed wrote:
It genuinely hurts to watch us being so godawful all the time.

Is it all the time though? Last night was a diabolical result/performance no doubt about it and things have to change, however we were pretty good against Barnet, did well against top of the league Doncaster, good performances away at play off chasing Wycombe and Colchester all in recent weeks.

Okay, most of those were away and were sandwiched between absolute *beep* shows at home but it's not like we're bottom of the league whipping boys losing every game this season. It's a terrible run of form at home at the moment but earlier in the season we have put together good runs, results and some entertaining football at Broadfield. It could be a lot worse and we need to remember we were favourites to go down this year.

I didn't pay any attention to the favourites for relegation tag. I couldn't care less about it. We've (almost) survived to fight another year in L2. But after a promising start, things are going backwards.

Yes there have been some good away performances, but they are few and far between. Our home form is now diabolical. That is what has killed the atmosphere (such as it was) and will see attendances continue to tumble. Away wins won't bring the fans back. They turn up at the Broadfield, witness a shower of *beep* and don't come back again. Long standing fans are giving up.

I'm beginning to wonder if I should bother to keep coming to games. I know I will - CTFC is in my blood. But 9 times out of 10 I hate watching us as we roll over and die from first minute to last. So little fight and passion, even less skill. We can't even get the basics right: passing, shooting and defending. A few players are up for the fight, and to be honest the likes of Collins, Morris and Connolly deserve better than us. We could be doing so much better than we are if we had the right manager on board. Who that is I don't know. For now we have DD and he needs to shape up or ship out.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorthgateRed wrote:
I'm beginning to wonder if I should bother to keep coming to games. I know I will - CTFC is in my blood. But 9 times out of 10 I hate watching us as we roll over and die from first minute to last..

That's the point Northgate, we weren't outplayed by a far superior side, we just let the opposition get on with it... and frankly they were so diabolically poor at trying to get a goal, that they would have gone in nil-nil at half-time if a decent referee had been in charge.

I just want DeeDee to show us all that he can motivate and inspire these players... is that too much to ask for..?
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not too much to ask for. It's just too much for DD to achieve. Otherwise surely he would have done so already? dontknow
Sussex Boy
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 25

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The season will just fizzle out to a non exciting end (like last season)

As its been said before Crawley Town will bounce around this League for the next 2-4 seasons.
John The Gas
Coach
Coach

Topics: 85

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashdown Red wrote:
Andrew wrote:
The games against Orient, Newport and Cheltenham are becoming massive.

These three teams will be fighting for their lives. We need to show some fight.

Fight? Our boys don't know how to fight do they?

The next home game will see Captain Smith emerging from the tunnel carrying a white flag.

JTG
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorthgateRed wrote:
It's not too much to ask for. It's just too much for DD to achieve. Otherwise surely he would have done so already? dontknow

I don't think it is that clear cut, arguably he got them fired-up enough earlier in the season, but now everything is too timid and there comes a point where being calm and philosophical just won't do.

I will give it one more go but if the players have got their flip-flops on again, then I will do the same and spend my money on a cold beer in a pub garden instead... you are welcome to join me Northgate...

...believe me, I hate to join the ranks of the whinging disenchanted, but last night was simply torture, I'm getting too old to put myself through it every home game.
Alun
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 13

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hickmott Senior wrote:
Ian wrote:
Hickmott Senior wrote:

I'm not a grass but it wasn't me Magnify

It was me, though not that subtle, and like a fool I was there again last night... BangHead BangHead BangHead
lochislair
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 129

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I normally only watch the highlights from the comfort of my armchair. Last night I went along and there were no highlights.

The manager seems to want the team to play as if they are Barcelona or Bayern. Crisp passing, playing their way out of trouble, moving the ball forwards and backwards as they probe for an opening. The problem with that is patently obvious- the material he's working with can't play that way. The passes were under hit, over hit, or simply inaccurate. The positioning was generally awful- before a pass had reached its destination the receiving player was already under pressure, which meant the next pass was rushed and possession lost.

There was no plan B, and never have I seen a manager so inanimate. There were times I thought he might have been stuffed, rather like his team.

At best, it's naive. At worst, incompetent.

I still think the former, but there were many around me last night who thought the latter. That doesn't augur well.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: