CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Match day prices next season
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject: Match day prices next season Reply with quote

Assuming we stay up, which I think we will, how should next season be priced?

How do we get more fans in?Yes, by winning I know, but even during the Evans era we weren't exactly filled to capacity.

How do we catch the imagination of the locals next campaign?Answers on a postcard.
ElTel
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything about it in yesterday's budget?
Red Army
First Team
First Team

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double post

Last edited by Red Army on Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Red Army
First Team
First Team

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Controversial as it may sounds I think the club would be justified by putting them up by a quid or so.

We are down (or up, depending on how big a time frame you are looking at) to a stubborn core of 1800. It's quite apparent that despite the club's best efforts with quite innovative marketing techniques, that's not going to rise unless we start winning routinely. To win routinely we have to get more money through the gates. Its not realistic to expect us to have an exciting season every season, unless you're Man United the vast majority of seasons for the vast majority of clubs are nothing seasons.

We have to make ourselves sustainable and competitive without relying too heavily on someone with money taking an interest in us.An extra two pound or so per 'hardcore' fan isn't much in the scheme of the things but could allow us to push on slightly, and people will be more than happy to pay it if we're winning.

You have to remember that our prices must be the cheapest, or amongst the cheapest in the league. Can't remember the last time I went to an away game and paid less than 18. Barnet this weekend is 23 for example.

Always hear the excuse 'it's too expensive' for people not going, but football is expensive these days; that's life. Crawley's prices are perhaps a little too reasonable in the context of where we are competing.
lee 66
Coach
Coach

Topics: 104

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10.TERRACE 12 gazebo 20-25 West stand.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Introduce student prices. And 19.50 max west stand be a winner and good marketing all entry under twenty pounds. The younger kids entry is already attractively priced. Put preseason friendlies back in the STH books. Any increase would not only be disasterous but insulting. I expect a wet fish response of holding prices except executive price small hike. No category a b c games please that would be laughable! No more pay naff all and freebies it doesnt bring long term support and deflates regular sth in the process.
Andrew
First Team
First Team

Topics: 33

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The West Stand will always sell, not least as it contains a considerable number of ST holders. You could justify a rise, yes. (Did I just vote to pay more ?)

Equally from where I am sitting the South Terrace contains another element of the hard core that Mr ACF refers to. I am not sure if figures are available, but it would be interesting to see how much the South varies game to game. Maybe up a quid ?

The bit that needs bolstering up, IMHO, is the Gazebo. Bar occasions like Tuesday night it always seems to be mainly empty. And it can't help that the TV camera is in the West Stand now, so any casual person watching the goals on the net or telly might think "there is no one there". Either hold or slight reduction to encourage use (but not less than the South).
Sulton111
First Team
First Team

Topics: 30

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lee 66 wrote:
10.TERRACE 12 gazebo 20-25 West stand.

I would happily go with this 276 for a Gazebo season ticket would mean a reduction of 84 for me although i do pay more for a reserved seat 30 i think it is

realistically though can the club afford to put prices up? we are already in the top 10 most expensive season tickets in L2 any rise could make us poor value for money.

if my ticket went up by more than 20 i couldn't afford it and thus may only attend a few games a season

i would have to look elsewhere to get my football fix (Three Bridges for example) however ill always be a CTFC fan whether i can afford to attend or not.

as you can see from the link below we are no where near the cheapest for season tickets in L2

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37953195
crawleyguy21
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if the 'pay what you can' game has taught us anything the lower you charge the more people you get. im not saying let everyone in for next to nothing but increasing the prices will just drive more away!!
Cakeburner
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 692

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Innovative .... Red Army, how have they been innovative ? As far as i can tell there's been no change from other regimes
Red Army
First Team
First Team

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cakeburner wrote:
Innovative .... Red Army, how have they been innovative ? As far as i can tell there's been no change from other regimes

Quite a few different initiatives... 'pay what you want,' the Morecambe shirt amnesty, better advertising (don't let your kids grow up thinking football is just a game played in TV), much more community engagement and work in schools, reduced prices for kids. There's only so much you can do to advertise League 2 football but I think they've been about as innovative as they can be?
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cakeburner wrote:

Honestly, I think you are a bit out of touch then.

So many things have changed at the club this season.
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there is much evidence that reducing prices by a couple of quid will make any difference to attendances.

A more dramatic change would be a big gamble - 2000 people paying an average 15 is the same as 3000 paying an average 10 and I can't see us gaining support that quickly.

Most realistic option is to keep things as they are.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can convert fans even gain few floating fans with a good sx snr cup final performance.
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
We can convert fans even gain few floating fans with a good sx snr cup final performance.

Now I know you're taking the *beep* Laughing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: