CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

pay at the turnstiles.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daz
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 28

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject: pay at the turnstiles. Reply with quote

Anyone know why this has been stopped?..had to queue up for 15 mins at the booth whilst 2 blokes tapped away on their laptops to produce tickets ..
this will be a knightmare during more popular games and seems so pointless and unnecessary.
People were un happy about it and seems another massive step backwards by the club..
Tommy D
Trainee
Trainee

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject: ! Reply with quote

same here, although shame the queue wasn't 5 mins longer as wouldn't have had to have watched their first two goals !
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was posted on the official site last weekend.

http://www.crawleytownfc.com/n.....67053.aspx
daz
Squad member
Squad member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, but why?
Why make people queue to buy a ticket and then queue to get in, when 2 weeks ago you could just hand over your cash and get in..
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daz wrote:
I know, but why?
Why make people queue to buy a ticket and then queue to get in, when 2 weeks ago you could just hand over your cash and get in..

I take it you did read it?

Quote:
Explaining the change, Operations Director Kelly Derham said: ďAdministering cash turnstiles takes a lot of work and this season shows on average only 7% of our admissions are through the cash turnstiles.
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daz wrote:
I know, but why?

What does the article say?
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

Topics: 59

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It says ...

Quote:
In addition to the four sales points in the West Stand Ticket Office, you will also be able to buy tickets with cash only from a new ticket booth in the south-west corner of the stadium, near the south turnstile entrances.

I didn't have my compass with me today but I never saw it....unless it was where the programme hut is situated? dontknow detective

Jim Baker
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Baker wrote:
It says ...

Quote:
In addition to the four sales points in the West Stand Ticket Office, you will also be able to buy tickets with cash only from a new ticket booth in the south-west corner of the stadium, near the south turnstile entrances.

I didn't have my compass with me today but I never saw it....unless it was where the programme hut is situated? dontknow detective

Jim Baker

Indeed - it is the red portakabin that was previously Ian Hands programme shop.
David R
First Team
First Team

Topics: 33

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's "another massive backwards step by the club" ???

This seems a really odd thing to say. The club have been working really hard to be more inclusive and open and engage more with the fans and community. Everybody has been so positive about the way that things are going off the field, this comment seems very unfair and untimely.
Red Army
First Team
First Team

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David R wrote:
What's "another massive backwards step by the club" ???

This seems a really odd thing to say. The club have been working really hard to be more inclusive and open and engage more with the fans and community. Everybody has been so positive about the way that things are going off the field, this comment seems very unfair and untimely.

Quite. I do agree that not being able to pay on the turnstiles is a bit of a pain, but to trot out the tired old cliche of "another step backwards for the club," really seems like negativity for the sake of it and a very unfair assessment of the club's off the field activity and supporter engagement this season.
daz
Squad member
Squad member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do believe its a step backwards by the club.
I didnt need to do it when we were in league one but I know for fact it was a big gribe for a lot of people any the amounts of moans and " we haven't got to start doing this again have we" says to me its not a popular decision.
Anyways, how can handing cash over at any allready manned turnstile be dearer than having to employ extra staff to man , most likely hired portacabins..
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It feels like a retrograde step, not because it is an onerous process but the problem is quite simply the technology involved... it uses a slow, lumpy and frustrating system to generate and print a ticket.

I was about as straight-forward a transaction as possible, but it took (I timed it) over three minutes to issue my ticket... multiply that by a few hundred and you can see why there are queues and frustration when compared to paying at the turnstile which was a relatively efficient & painless experience.

The club assessment is also flawed, pay on the day might be 7& of the overall gate, but they are likely close to 90% plus of first-time and returning casual fans, who are a group that need to be encouraged to return.

ps. I don't believe in season tickets... I want the flexibility of paying on the gate and also I seem to get banned with alarming regularity.
David R
First Team
First Team

Topics: 33

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not the actual issue that bothered me, you can argue both sides I'm sure...
It is the 'another massive backward step by the club' comment that doesn't sit well.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David R wrote:
It's not the actual issue that bothered me, you can argue both sides I'm sure...
It is the 'another massive backward step by the club' comment that doesn't sit well.

You might well be right in the context of the many positive initiatives the club are involved with, but I wouldn't dismiss the comment out of hand either, because perceptions matter...

..if you replace a system that worked for the benefit of fans with a system that works for the benefit of the club, it had better be at least as good or even better... and this system quite clearly isn't..!

It also raises doubts about scalability and missed commercial opportunities... if you are standing in a queue for twelve minutes then you are not in the club shop or purchasing refreshments.
mustaphashot
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 293

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Banned with alarming regularity? Why, Thad, it must be at least a month since you were last banned, and then a month before that.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: