CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Bloke gets drunk at wedding reception...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:46 pm    Post subject: Bloke gets drunk at wedding reception... Reply with quote

Shock *beep* horror

No wonder our footballers are such a boring bunch of *beep*... as soon as they get a day off and try and have a bit of fun... they get dumped right in it... and are reminded by a tut-tuttering media of their serious responsibilities as... er.. "role models".... poor *beep* even had to apologise for it too... *beep*...!

sleepy2
2oo2Red
Coach
Coach

Topics: 62

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pathetic Rolling Eyes do people seriously care about this? What didn't make the front pages was him personally sending his signed England shirt to a termially ill little boy.
lochislair
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 129

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2oo2Red wrote:
Pathetic Rolling Eyes do people seriously care about this?

As always, sensationalised by the media to sell newspapers to the gullible.
bridgesboy79
Coach
Coach

Topics: 50

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with these comments - not interested in the slightest what he does off the pitch.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it was our plucky ladies hockey team they would be applauded for it..

Blatant Sexism...! Shocked
David R
First Team
First Team

Topics: 33

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bridgesboy79 wrote:
Agree with these comments - not interested in the slightest what he does off the pitch.

Not that interested in what he does on the pitch either...
Andrew
First Team
First Team

Topics: 33

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2oo2Red wrote:
Pathetic Rolling Eyes do people seriously care about this? What didn't make the front pages was him personally sending his signed England shirt to a termially ill little boy.

I have mentioned before my firm sponsors Man Utd. A couple of seasons ago my mate's son and a client's son were Man Utd mascots together for the home game v Arsenal. They were all a bit underwhelmed by the experience, which is another story, not least because only one Man Utd player made an effort to interact with the kids .... Wayne Rooney.
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David R wrote:
bridgesboy79 wrote:

That's OK, cos he doesn't usually do anything on the pitch apart from run around like a headless chicken.
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorthgateRed wrote:
David R wrote:
bridgesboy79 wrote:

That's OK, cos he doesn't usually do anything on the pitch apart from run around like a headless chicken.

Record England Scorer, record Man Utd scorer in waiting. Record number of England caps for an outfield player, record number of England caps overall in waiting...

Not bad for someone who "doesn't usually do anything on the pitch apart from run around like a headless chicken"...
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
NorthgateRed wrote:
David R wrote:
bridgesboy79 wrote:

Record England Scorer, record Man Utd scorer in waiting. Record number of England caps for an outfield player, record number of England caps overall in waiting...

Not bad for someone who "doesn't usually do anything on the pitch apart from run around like a headless chicken"...

It's not like you to bite Very Happy
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least someone appears to have a sense of perspective

Quote:
Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp says the pictures of Wayne Rooney at a wedding while on England duty are "nothing"...
nemo
Coach
Coach

Topics: 81

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew wrote:
2oo2Red wrote:

I have mentioned before my firm sponsors Man Utd. A couple of seasons ago my mate's son and a client's son were Man Utd mascots together for the home game v Arsenal. They were all a bit underwhelmed by the experience, which is another story, not least because only one Man Utd player made an effort to interact with the kids .... Wayne Rooney.

Hmmm I wonder what sort of a headline the Daily Fail could make out of that?!? 😳😄
Born in Crawley Hospital
Manager
Manager

Topics: 332

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
NorthgateRed wrote:
David R wrote:
bridgesboy79 wrote:

I've never understood the criticism of Wayne Rooney.

I think the problem is that people are comparing a fictional and hypothetic Rooney post-Euro 2004 compared to the actual player he became. And whilst he might not have become the player people were hoping he's been a wonderful player for Man Utd and England.

And yes, I England. Whilst he may have not done brilliant in tournaments (largely down to terrible luck with injury) he's pretty much dragged us single-handedly to the last three. I didn't see anyone else queuing up to score the goals.

When you look at his stats and his achievements I honestly don't think there is a single English player since 1966 who has had a better career.

If anyone thinks there is one then name him.
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Born in Crawley Hospital wrote:
Ian wrote:
NorthgateRed wrote:
David R wrote:
bridgesboy79 wrote:

I've never understood the criticism of Wayne Rooney.

He's an England player. It's the rules to slag him off.
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a problem with Rooney. He's the last of the so-called Golden Generation of England players that achieved precisely zilch, so i guess there is a fair bit of criticism still lingering from back then.

Whoever the manager is, they will be too scared to drop Rooney. Hopefully he can end his international career leading England to victory in the 2018 world cup. But I doubt it. England are a bit rubbish, unfortunately.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: