CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Carlisle United matchday thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Site Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Topics: 1302

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:02 pm    Post subject: Carlisle United matchday thread
Event: 23 Apr 2016

Please keep any discussion of today's game against Carlisle United to this thread. Any others may be merged with this one, locked or deleted.

Those unable to get to the game will be able to keep up to date with the action with commentary on Reds Player.

There is also text commentary available from the BBC and Sporting Life courtesy of the Press Association.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36060952
http://www.sportinglife.com/fo.....sle-united
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

St George and a flag is here and a mini bus if jocks BUT we have a Turk flag why? This is ENGLAND i respect that i would never bring a polish flag to the game. It woykd be insulting and extremely distespectful of country im in. It makes the club look really silly especially given the day it is.
Graeme
Coach
Coach

Topics: 68

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone getting anything on the reds player
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graeme wrote:
Anyone getting anything on the reds player

Nope. Currently listening via Carlisle's Player.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very open wouyld be more so if CU moved ball quicker upfield. CU look dangerous also due to shocking CT defendung no picking up. Lits huff puff effort from Tomlin but poor shot cleared off line. Reds GK foolishly conceeded indirect *beep* for taking forever with dropkick. Games there for taking for both sides.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It WAS perversely entertaining and we gave it a go but no real quality, do we actually work on set-pieces...?

They missed a chance first-half which defied the laws of physics and Rose made some good saves so not really surprising when they got one. Thought Deacon made a difference - Barnard is infuriating - and we had half-chances, but they had the clearer ones with some quick breaks and excellent ball being delivered by their right winger.

Dunno what has happened to the weather, nearly May and standing on the terrace it felt like Narnia.
nemo
Coach
Coach

Topics: 81

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by nemo on Tue May 24, 2016 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If yates kept his mouth shut at halftime matbe we wood been still in game but the second half was different they moved uo a gear we moved down. Both keepers poor but obvious theirs could kick far yet we didnt push up at key momemts i.e. goal kicks. Lack of quality lack ideas was in end more of same served up all season....nowhere near good enough. Mom might been tomlin had he stayed on match announced Walton Shocked
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cold day, low attendance, poor ref so the stage was set for a feeble defeat. And so it proved.

When Yates pulled the names out of the hat there were recalls for Della Verde, Tomlin, Walton and Ashton. Oyebanjo is injured yet again it seems.

I thought we shaded the first half on possession but they had the clearer chances with a decent save by Rose and an unbelievable miss from 1 yard. Also a strange incident where Rose spent too long fannying about and they got a free kick in the box which went over.

Tomlin was bright in first half (but went off injured at h/t). Barnard sadly was as much use as a chocolate teapot.

Second half we had our chances especially for Deacon. However as always we let in a sloppy goal with their forward unmarked in the middle of the box. We really didn't work the keeper enough especially as he had some problem kicking the ball.

Overall there was plenty of huff and puff but zero quality. We know a clear out is needed, however 2 points from 24 isn't a great start for the new owners and on today's showing there must be a possibility that Yates will himself be part of the clear out.
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrible to watch . Edwards is about the only player worth paying to watch.

Tomlin was OK as well but missed a sitter.

Sooner the season is over the better.
far2jammy
First Team
First Team

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nemo wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:
St George and a flag is here and a mini bus if jocks BUT we have a Turk flag why? This is ENGLAND i respect that i would never bring a polish flag to the game. It woykd be insulting and extremely distespectful of country im in. It makes the club look really silly especially given the day it is.

St George was Turkish

St George was Syrian
far2jammy
First Team
First Team

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was played by two teams that had nothing to play for. How did we not capitalise on there goal keeper not being able to kick? We missed some big chances. We need a new spine next season centre backs, midfield and forwards all to often found lacking
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

Topics: 59

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocking miss from Fenelon near the end but a draw would have just papered or the chasms of this team.

Carlisle were not very good but at least they tried to play decent football. I'm not sure what we were trying to do.

We're safe this season but we need to do something different soon or we will back at 500 fans in the Southern League.

Jim Baker
nemo
Coach
Coach

Topics: 81

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

far2jammy wrote:
nemo wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:

St George was Turkish

St George was Syrian

In the strictest sense yes but the Turkish flag dates from the Ottoman Empire which at one time extended to Syria and the Lebanon so I claim him as Turkish na na na na na na!
Alex BH
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 54

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought we played OK. We've certainly played much worse than that. It was a typical end of season gave between 2 teams with nothing to play for- not much intensity and excitement.

We created plenty of chances, but never really looked like scoring. We had the effort today I thought, but we just lacked any quality. The goal they scored was another tame goal to let in from our bad defending and the trouble is when you can't score and you can't defend, you're always at the mercy of a feeble defeat.

No one really covered themselves in glory, but we've certainly seen worse than that.

I've been pretty relaxed about Yates as I know we're on a low budget and everything, but I don't think I could bear another season of negative football again.

As far as I'm concerned give him the chance to build a squad for next season, but if we're churning out the same rubbish by Christmas he can leave.

Oh and most of the players should go at the end of the season as well.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: