CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |


Leyton Orient matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football


Joined: 18 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 26 May 2017
Posts: 16179
Topics: 639

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
disgeaceful how this clown attacks his players in this way. Dressing room lost? I know i keep saying sack yates but can anyone defend this idiot now?

I can... the CEO of the club has released public statements about new owners and how they are in the lucky position of only having three players who will be here next season (one of whom has only just signed an extension)...

...think about it... in those circumstances it is hardly surprising that motivation & loyalty to the club's cause might be in slightly short supply...(?)

We need to march to the same beat... Just Bang That Drum MY Wink

"Lets get it in perspective"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
John The Gas
Coach
Coach


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 26 Sep 2017
Posts: 1977
Topics: 85
Location: Sunny Horsham

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you want ANY of these SPINELESS "players" fighting alongside you in the trenches?


JTG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 24 May 2018
Posts: 2868
Topics: 59
Location: Worth actually

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a great day out yesterday. Met up with some friends at Three Bridges. Took a trip to London. The underground broke! Left us a North Greenwich (the O2 arena) and the only way out was standing in a queue for ever or flying. We flew! Cable car ride over the Thames.
Met up with another friend at the Coach and Horses and had the day spoilt by an abject performance by CTFC. Although, to be fair we lost to a world and an own goal. Orient were not that good although they should have had another when from a decent bit of play a forward managed to clear the bar from three yards 😂 I did make it two shots on target for us. Deacon from outside the box and it may have been Edwards near the end who got through and tried to flick it over the keeper.

Back to the pub for some Rugby and onto a bar of salubrious reputation where ladies did not behave like ladies and there was boxing on the TV.

Enjoyable day spoilt by a lack of football from us.

Jim Baker
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football


Joined: 18 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 26 May 2017
Posts: 16179
Topics: 639

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John The Gas wrote:
Would you want ANY of these SPINELESS "players" fighting alongside you in the trenches?

Would you like fighting alongside troops who had already been told by their commanding officer that their demise is inevitable..? spineless... after been shot in the back..!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
srn151161
Subs bench
Subs bench


Joined: 10 Mar 2010
Last Visit: 06 Jun 2017
Posts: 636
Topics: 25
Location: North holmwood

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a feeling we will all understand what was behind Mr Yates very personal attack on his team in the next week or so...!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager


Joined: 17 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 15 Jul 2018
Posts: 11231
Topics: 379

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:
disgeaceful how this clown attacks his players in this way. Dressing room lost? I know i keep saying sack yates but can anyone defend this idiot now?

I can... the CEO of the club has released public statements about new owners and how they are in the lucky position of only having three players who will be here next season (one of whom has only just signed an extension)...

...think about it... in those circumstances it is hardly surprising that motivation & loyalty to the club's cause might be in slightly short supply...(?)

We need to march to the same beat... Just Bang That Drum MY Wink

"Lets get it in perspective"
lack of motivation is not good enough the clown is supposed to be a professional. He wont be with us next season that i think we can all agree on justbwish he would go sooner than later we look worse as season drags on under yates.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football


Joined: 18 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 26 May 2017
Posts: 16179
Topics: 639

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
thad wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:
disgeaceful how this clown attacks his players in this way. Dressing room lost? I know i keep saying sack yates but can anyone defend this idiot now?

I can... the CEO of the club has released public statements about new owners and how they are in the lucky position of only having three players who will be here next season (one of whom has only just signed an extension)...

...think about it... in those circumstances it is hardly surprising that motivation & loyalty to the club's cause might be in slightly short supply...(?)

We need to march to the same beat... Just Bang That Drum MY Wink

"Lets get it in perspective"
lack of motivation is not good enough the clown is supposed to be a professional. He wont be with us next season that i think we can all agree on justbwish he would go sooner than later we look worse as season drags on under yates.

But is Yates the one to blame for lack of motivation....?

I mean, a statement from the club that basically stated they are ALL - except 3 - not really valued... followed by the gem that being in League 2 means we will get bonus TV money next year.... is a bit of a kick in the nuts to any employee....

...it is all well & good to point out that they are professionals and have their pride, but shouldn't those factors really have had a bit more regard & consideration about the impact, before you go around making those sort of public declarations...?

Don't blame the clown for the incompetence of the ringmaster(s)...!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 24 May 2018
Posts: 2868
Topics: 59
Location: Worth actually

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking of the incompetence of ringmasters I was bemoaning the fact that their left back was causing us all sorts of problems as he was allowed to roam up and down the touchline at will. Bawling often had two people to deal with. A task he stuck too manfully if not always succesfully.

Matt Harrold brought on, Edwards to right wing full back now under pressure in his own half. Let's build on this. Let's play some balls for Edwards to run on too. Let's change it and go to three at the back and pull Edwards back into his own half. Evil or Very Mad

Stupid mistake.

Jim Baker
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum






This forum is run independently from and has no connection with the Crawley Town Football Club official site
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group :: Spelling by SpellingCow.


  Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit