CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Luke Rooney

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:31 pm    Post subject: Luke Rooney Reply with quote

The bloke needs to have a serious chat with himself.

He could play in the championship or higher talent wise, but he has just xxxxxx his ability down the toilet. We won't offer him a new contract, who will some southern premier league team.

He is falling faster than a stone from his league career. He was an joke at Portsmouth, yet he probably had more talent than anyone one the pitch.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has **** management and coaching at the club. Look at Young promising player being ruined by dack and yates playing rightback.
Paul
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 4

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
He has **** management and coaching at the club. Look at Young promising player being ruined by dack and yates playing rightback.

You really do post utter crap all of the time don't you!
Red Army
First Team
First Team

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He certainly has the potential to produce moments of quality, but not sure I would go as far to say Championship potential, based on what I've seen so far..
bridgesboy79
Coach
Coach

Topics: 50

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has moments where he can change a game. Also can be anonymous at times. Gillingham fans mentioned that he thinks he is better than he is. There may be an element of that but the key is to be more consistent.
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would persevere with him. He is a bit of a luxury but we don't have any other players like him. He had about 3 mins yesterday, and the first thing he did was to knock a great ball out to the left touchline.

Yes he was poor against Pompey but so were most of the team and it was never the type of game he would shine in as he is a playmaker not a holding midfielder. At the other end of the scale he got us a point at Exeter out of nowhere.

He needs to have the right attitude but also needs coaching to get the best out of him. Having said that, Championship or higher level - very doubtful in my view.
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:

You really do post utter crap all of the time don't you!

No. There was a post about two years back ...
PCrawley1
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 3

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to see more of the preseason Luke rooney as I was very impressed with him then. Hit some fantastic killer through balls and really linked the attack and the midfield.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PCrawley1 wrote:
I want to see more of the preseason Luke rooney as I was very impressed with him then. Hit some fantastic killer through balls and really linked the attack and the midfield.

He has the talent - no doubt there - and gives us something different, an option that can open up the opposition defence. IMHO he needs to be more selective, his natural instinct is to hit an early killer ball each time and that can only work if the forwards are on the same wavelength.... if we want to spring a quick break then he needs the likes of Gwion to be making a run into the area.
ant
Coach
Coach

Topics: 24

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's clearly got skill - skill that should have propelled him further up the ladder than League 2.

I was listening to Iain Dowie and Martin O'Neill on the TV over the weekend - one was talking about Gareth Southgate and the other Robbie Savage.

Both alluded to the fact that they had very good careers despite not being blessed with the greatest ability. The common denominator they both had was attitude - a good one

Rooneys issues start there
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: