CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Yeovil Town matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Defence was terrible in first half and against a decent team we would have been 3 - 0 down in 30 minutes. Yeovil had at least 8 first choice players missing today for Christ sake.

In attack we just didn't look like scoring . Our only chance was a set piece or a penalty.

We have scored 5 goals in seven or 2 in 6 if you take the Cambridge game out. That is frankly terrible ratio at any level.

We need to chase Luke Rooney he thinks he is Lionel Messi but is closer to being Lionel Blair. He wastes so much possession it's unreal. Hopefully when Jenkins is fit Walton will be eased out. I have no idea where the goals will come from though.

Final point the goalkeeper Woodman and Scales did well today. It's a pity the more experience players couldn't follow them. Goal keeper made two or three very good one on one saves.

I have seen some rubbish over the years at Crawley but this lot are a different level.
Alex BH
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 54

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely dreadful. Especially the first half!

The only saving grace is that only 2 teams get relegated, so we may be alright.

That first half performance was one of the worst I have ever seen from Crawley, fortunately they wasted several good chances and it was only 1-0 at HT, a L1 team and they could have been out of sight.

We seemed determined to gift them goals, Ashton and Bradley were appalling, particularly Ashton who was half asleep all game and struggled to clear the ball at all. The defence was shambolic, any ball in behind or 1-on 1 they got there first.

Ironically they scored the most difficult chance of all with a cracking goal from outside the box which lit up an otherwise dull game between two poor teams.

Second Half was better (couldn't be any worse) but we still didn't manage to get a shot on target despite lots of pressure.

No wonder people are leaving in their droves and people are feeling apathetic towards the club with performances like that.

The first half was a disgrace!

Last edited by Alex BH on Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
bridgesboy79
Coach
Coach

Topics: 50

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
Defence was terrible in first half and against a decent team we would have been 3 - 0 down in 30 minutes. Yeovil had at least 8 first choice players missing today for Christ sake.

In attack we just didn't look like scoring . Our only chance was a set piece or a penalty.

We have scored 5 goals in seven or 2 in 6 if you take the Cambridge game out. That is frankly terrible ratio at any level.

We need to chase Luke Rooney he thinks he is Lionel Messi but is closer to being Lionel Blair. He wastes so much possession it's unreal. Hopefully when Jenkins is fit Walton will be eased out. I have no idea where the goals will come from though.

I have seen some rubbish over the years at Crawley but this lot are a different level.

You can't take the Cambridge game out! If I had my way I would take the Mansfield game out but it doesn't work like that! I didn't think Rooney was the worst player but any means. Walton and Smith for example were poor. Thought Scales could have had a penalty but would need to see again to be sure.

Barnard is not a target man! If you are only playing one up front, he can't be that man although we probably had no choice today.

Izale McLeod is partly responsible for the lack of goals. If he hadn't had a tantrum, he would still be here which would make some difference.
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McLeod was never going to hang around to play another season in this crawley team.

He nearly kept us up playing up front on his own he knew how poor we were and reasonably wanted out.
Alex BH
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 54

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:

Final point the goalkeeper Woodman and Scales did well today. It's a pity the more experience players couldn't follow them. Goal keeper made two or three very good one on one saves.

I can't disagree with your analysis, however thought Rooney was better today, although still wasted possession a few times too many. Would like to see more of Jenkins he looked neat in possession and much more like a footballer than that cart horse Walton!
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most worrying bit for me is that we lost to Yeovil RESERVES.
Wodin
First Team
First Team

Topics: 53

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor..just poor. To me the midfield were worse than the defence.

Henderson...not existent, not involved. Smith...didn't even point, therefore pointless, Rooney everything square and Walton ...just slow. The whole midfield is so slow and crablike it doesn't matter what the defence did....did I mention poor.....and to think I missed rugby on telly Sad
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

Topics: 59

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll go with the first half performance. What's the point!

Actually, the exclamation point is more effort than the players put in during the first half.

I keep saying we will be alright this season as there has to be two teams worse than us. I'm beginning to have doubts.

Jim Baker
lee 66
Coach
Coach

Topics: 104

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would anyone in their right mind pay 16 or more to watch the standard of football served up so far this season.
Today was simply a horror show.We would have been 5 down after 30 minutes but for poor finishing from Yeovil.The goal when if came was a cracker and totally deserved,we however looked sheepish and weak. As the game went on the belief evaporated that anything positive or remotely exciting was going to happen to change our fortune.We just don't have the quality,sure,the players put the effort in but it's simply not enough to win matches.We were second best by a long way against a not very good Yeovil side.
Very worrying times for Mark Yates.
Phil B
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 51

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apathetic !

That covers the performance and the Management.

Do we actually train together ? Or are all our players colourblind and don't know what a Red shirt is ?
And why do the backs insist on lumping the ball upfield ? I'd understand it if they hit it towards a couple of red shirts and figured we'd win a reasonable % of ball, but they were hitting into spaces with no Red within 30 yards !

Yeovil won it on an excellent strike. We couldn't hit a barn door !

That kind of apathy soon spreads to the crowd. For the first time this season, I felt jealous at the"Crawley 3". Being banned, at least they didn't have to watch that drivel ....
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very disappointing. I remember saying after the Oxford game that the players all looked up for it - today first half they looked like they were up for a pre-season game.

The worrying thing is this.

If we had a bottom 3 budget then I could accept that we will have afternoons like this. However Mr Dunford said last night that we had an "average league 2 budget" of "over 900,000". That being the case I might be forced to change my view of Yates's recruitment as that wasn't an average L2 team I saw today.

Only 4 on the bench yet we have a player out on loan who is match fit.

We have budgeted for crowds of 2,200, reasonable on the face of it but no goals in 3 home games is not the type of entertainment people are looking for and too much more of this will see us struggling even to hit that figure. In fact if we don't get something from Notts Co and Accrington, Mark Yates might feel the temperature increasing.

Nothing much more to be said about the game. Henderson is a joke for a professional sportsman, and several others look to be lacking fitnes. I would like to see Bobson given a start, he isn't the most talented but has some pace and unlike some others does look like he is giving his best.
srn151161
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 25

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to be gloomy but non league here we come...and yates will be gone by Christmas as will gwion..!!
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no way the 18 odd players we have signed has cost 900,000.

It's like John Gregory all over again. Hang we had Gregory's midfield of Smith , Young, Bawling and Henderson today. Those four could take us to two consecutive relegations.

Last edited by Crawley69 on Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rushed out at ft did players get clapped off or booed i couldnt hear either in my exit
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No booing . A bit of a half hearted clap by a few.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: