CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |


Cambridge United matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football


Joined: 17 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 30 May 2017
Posts: 15160
Topics: 214
Location: The Parish of Rusper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a fantastic result. I thought the missus had misspelt down when she texted that we were 2 up!

Anyone know how many reds were there, Dan?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Simon
Manager
Manager


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 09 Jul 2017
Posts: 12671
Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

173.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sloth
Squad member
Squad member


Joined: 31 Oct 2007
Last Visit: 22 Jul 2019
Posts: 185
Topics: 12

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just like to put in a good word for Bobson. The rather leaden Cambridge defence must have been relieved when the quick and dangerous Deacon was substituted. Then on comes Bawling who was another pain in the *beep*, and provided the pass (shot) - saved but not held by their goalie - for Gwion to tap in. Priceless.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sloth
Squad member
Squad member


Joined: 31 Oct 2007
Last Visit: 22 Jul 2019
Posts: 185
Topics: 12

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also a mention for Lewis Young. He kept running at their defence but was pushed wide and deep by their full back. He invariably got the cross in though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Born in Crawley Hospital
Manager
Manager


Joined: 17 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 10 Aug 2017
Posts: 7740
Topics: 332

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A stunning victory.

It's difficult to read this team at the moment. but it's a decent start.

We just need a cutting edge up front and we might be ok.

Two points from the play-offs!

Up the Reds!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Dexys Midnight Nutters
Youth team
Youth team


Joined: 06 May 2015
Last Visit: 04 Sep 2015
Posts: 61
Topics: 2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Born in Crawley Hospital wrote:
A stunning victory.

It's difficult to read this team at the moment. but it's a decent start.

We just need a cutting edge up front and we might be ok.

Two points from the play-offs!

Up the Reds!


Absolutely agree 150% BICH what a result and a good way to answer whatever critics we might have out there
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 13 Jan 2011
Last Visit: 28 May 2017
Posts: 5545
Topics: 70
Location: BW Stand

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dexys Midnight Nutters wrote:
Born in Crawley Hospital wrote:
A stunning victory.

It's difficult to read this team at the moment. but it's a decent start.

We just need a cutting edge up front and we might be ok.

Two points from the play-offs!

Up the Reds!


Absolutely agree 150% BICH what a result and a good way to answer whatever critics we might have out there

The criticism is of the club, not MY and the team, numbnuts.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dexys Midnight Nutters
Youth team
Youth team


Joined: 06 May 2015
Last Visit: 04 Sep 2015
Posts: 61
Topics: 2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorthgateRed wrote:
Dexys Midnight Nutters wrote:
Born in Crawley Hospital wrote:
A stunning victory.

It's difficult to read this team at the moment. but it's a decent start.

We just need a cutting edge up front and we might be ok.

Two points from the play-offs!

Up the Reds!


Absolutely agree 150% BICH what a result and a good way to answer whatever critics we might have out there

The criticism is of the club, not MY and the team, numbnuts.


That IS the nicest thing someone has ever called me
Thanks NGR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Peter
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 11 Jun 2017
Posts: 13258
Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dexys Midnight Nutters wrote:
NorthgateRed wrote:
The criticism is of the club, not MY and the team, numbnuts.

That IS the nicest thing someone has ever called me
Thanks NGR

The forum must be handy to keep up to date with the fans views from across the pond. thumbleft
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 13 Jan 2011
Last Visit: 28 May 2017
Posts: 5545
Topics: 70
Location: BW Stand

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dexys Midnight Nutters wrote:
NorthgateRed wrote:
Dexys Midnight Nutters wrote:
Born in Crawley Hospital wrote:
A stunning victory.

It's difficult to read this team at the moment. but it's a decent start.

We just need a cutting edge up front and we might be ok.

Two points from the play-offs!

Up the Reds!


Absolutely agree 150% BICH what a result and a good way to answer whatever critics we might have out there

The criticism is of the club, not MY and the team, numbnuts.


That IS the nicest thing someone has ever called me
Thanks NGR

Auto censors are pesky things. Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football


Joined: 18 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 26 May 2017
Posts: 16179
Topics: 639

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex BH wrote:
ant wrote:
cracking result - is that our best away win in the football league dontknow
No the 5-2 win away at AFC Kingston was our best win the FL. Cracking game and a good atmosphere from the large contingent of reds followers. Very enjoyable day out.

That was the one where the fire alarm went off with 30 minutes remaining Cool

We needed a good win to really kick-off the season and this result is going to do team confidence no harm at all... Gwion certainly seems to have got his goal appetite back, last season he kept hitting the woodwork too often when presented with chances.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum






This forum is run independently from and has no connection with the Crawley Town Football Club official site
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group :: Spelling by SpellingCow.


  Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit