CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Three Bridges Scouting

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Red Square
First Team
First Team

Topics: 31

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:25 pm    Post subject: Three Bridges Scouting Reply with quote

http://www.crawleynews.co.uk/L.....story.html

Interesting story, should we be looking at players like this given clubs at our level (or higher) are?
Sulton111
First Team
First Team

Topics: 30

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in a word YES with little money it could well be players like this that keep us a float
2oo2Red
Coach
Coach

Topics: 62

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be highly embarrassing if anything comes of this, and they did make the move to a football league side Embarassed talk about being right on our door step!
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit of a non story to me.

Firstly Faili doesn't know who was at the games. There may have been scouts there but they don't automatically wear a Crawley Town hat and blazer.

Also for clubs in our position anyone who signs must be ready for L2 football. We don't have any youth or reserve set up and no means of nursing players along. Scoring a few goals pre season doesn't automatically make someone a L2 player.

Very different to the cases of Van ter Horst and Luer who went to Hull from the Rymans and are being developed through the youth structure.

Good luck to the lads but I don't see anything embarrassing at all, only a slight dig from Faili at Crawley. As he says in the last para he hasn't been in this position before so let's see.
lee 66
Coach
Coach

Topics: 104

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blimey,one of them scored a few against Burgess Hill,won't be long before Real Madrid come knocking.
Ross
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 157

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon, Paul know's exactly who was at the games and what clubs.

As for those some may not remember Tony, Actually there is a thread on him on this very forum around 4/5 years ago.

Came through the Southampton academy, was days away from a move to Arsenal but an injury knocked him back. Since then has scored goals at different levels in the non league, Settled in at Three Bridges but is a total class above this level.

If it was between Garrod and Fenelon at the moment, Tony is much more suited and ready for league football.
Simon
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ross wrote:
Simon, Paul know's exactly who was at the games and what clubs.

As for those some may not remember Tony, Actually there is a thread on him on this very forum around 4/5 years ago.

Came through the Southampton academy, was days away from a move to Arsenal but an injury knocked him back. Since then has scored goals at different levels in the non league, Settled in at Three Bridges but is a total class above this level.

If it was between Garrod and Fenelon at the moment, Tony is much more suited and ready for league football.

He wouldn't have known everyone at the Burgess Hill friendly at Leylands where Garrod scored 4. He might have known the established scouts but that doesn't include everyone who was there on the day.

I don't doubt he is a decent player but it's a big step up and a risk for Crawley. That's why I don't see it as embarrassing if he went somewhere off our patch.
Ross
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 157

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He doesn't know them personally and no doubt a few may have been missed, But Billy Smith has played a very good part in telling the club who is scouting at games.

It is a risk for Crawley, I wouldn't say embarrassing no either. But after the club coming out with a "We want to look at local players" line and now 2 clubs have shown a serious interest in buying a Three Bridges player you may wonder if Crawley have missed a trick. Either that or these other clubs don't have a clue what they're doing.
Simon
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ross wrote:
after the club coming out with a "We want to look at local players" line and now 2 clubs have shown a serious interest in buying a Three Bridges player you may wonder if Crawley have missed a trick. Either that or these other clubs don't have a clue what they're doing.

That's life, sometimes you miss a great player under your nose. Don't agree with the last sentence though.

With Crawley we know that the player needs to come in and be ready for L2 straight away. Example - we took Blair Anderson last season from a similar level in the pyramid (one step lower I believe) and he was totally out of his depth. Potential - yes. League player - not yet. Outcome - 6 months of his career wasted as he kicked his heels, played no football and probably got most of his exercise sweeping the dressing room floor.

With the bigger teams (maybe including the 'Championship Team' mentioned here) they can afford to ease players in through reserves/youth. Example Johan ter Horst went from Folkestone (same level as 3B) a year ago to Hull, hasn't played a minute of league football but is getting regular football and looked after.

With a budget like ours it's a massive risk as well as an opportunity.
Alex BH
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 54

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Simon on this one. Although I was at said friendly when Garrod scored 4 goals and was phenomenal, we just can't afford to take risks on players who may or may not be good enough for this level.

Every player in our squad, needs to be ready to play in L2 because, as we found out last season with a small squad, will be needed at some point and we will get found out.

With regards to Fenelon, who is another local lad, I hope he does well for Crawley, he certainly has potential. I played against him in youth football and he was exceptional, so fast, strong and skillful.

However, he hasn't really had a great pre season and I'm not sure he's quite ready for league football yet. He needs to take his chance when given it, so far he hasn't in pre season.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: