CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Starting XI against Port Vale
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crawley Dan
Coach
Coach

Topics: 179

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:23 pm    Post subject: Starting XI against Port Vale Reply with quote

What would yours be?

Tough one for me. IF Dickson and Edwards have recovered, they are straight in for me. Now Keith Keane has gone, Elliott isn't fit enough and Josh, well, god knows what's going on there, our midfield is looking very weak.

Price

Oyebanjo, Walsh, Bradley, Leacock, Dickson

Bawling, Smith, Edwards

Tomlin - Shocked and Miller.
notso
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 208

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Starting XI against Port Vale Reply with quote

Crawley Dan wrote:
.......our midfield is looking very weak.

It has all season.
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Starting XI against Port Vale Reply with quote

Crawley Dan wrote:
What would yours be?

Tough one for me. IF Dickson and Edwards have recovered, they are straight in for me. Now Keith Keane has gone, Elliott isn't fit enough and Josh, well, god knows what's going on there, our midfield is looking very weak.

Price

Oyebanjo, Walsh, Bradley, Leacock, Dickson

Bawling, Smith, Edwards

Tomlin - Shocked and Miller.

I really can't see a hernia healing that quickly. Even just for normal stuff that would be a big ask - never mind playing football.
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dickson and Edwards aren't ready. Assume Elliot has gone as no announcement .

Simpson may be available if picked.

Midfield will prob be Youmg , Henderson, Smith and Bawling..back to the good old days.
Phil T
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 102

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Starting XI against Port Vale Reply with quote

notso wrote:
Crawley Dan wrote:
.......our midfield is looking very weak.

It has all season.

Generally our midfield is difficult to spot........
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:

Midfield will prob be Youmg , Henderson, Smith and Bawling..back to the good old days.

According to the 'Ask the Club' thread Simpson is doubtful.

Maybe even "little Charlie" Banya will get a few minutes.
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:

According to the 'Ask the Club' thread Simpson is doubtful.

Maybe even "little Charlie" Banya will get a few minutes.

Last time he had a decent run out for us he scored. He deserves a chance ahead of the likes of Tomlin and Smith.
backofthenet
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 421

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Price

Oyebanjo, Walsh, Bradley, Leacock, Bawling

Tomlin/Young, Smith, Elliott

Harrold, Miller.

If Edwards and or Dickson are fit I would have them on the bench.

As for Elliott, he was on a month by month contract I thought so unless we haven't renewed it I can't see why he couldn't play?
Alex BH
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 54

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even with all our players fit we must have the worst midfield in the league. We need to sort this out in January or we will be in trouble.
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex BH wrote:
Even with all our players fit we must have the worst midfield in the league. We need to sort this out in January or we will be in trouble.

We're already in trouble. Is Elliott still at the club? Does anyone know (including the board)? No word on that at all. Our midfield is non existent. Our strikers can't score, hell, they rarely even shoot. Our skipper transfer listed for daring to air the views of the rest of the players. A pitifully poor, clueless management team. A wafer thin squad where we can't always fill the bench with subs, and have to rely on loanees and players barely fit after injury doing a job for us. Home attendances crashing so the club is struggling to be sustainable. One place above the relagation zone.

On the plus side, the pitch looks fantastic after it was finally sorted over the summer. But that is genuinely the only good thing I can think of at the moment regarding our club. Worrying times. I don't want us to get relegated, but its probably the best thing that could happen to us at the moment.
Dean Howell's Hairdresser
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 7

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Price, Bradley, Walsh and Leacock.

Doesn't really matter who the other 7 are they are all pretty awful. I might play Tomlin in front of the back four. He could perhaps learn from seeing the oposition strikers play!

How long are Dickson & Edwards expected to be out for? Along with McLeod they are the only players who we currently have who would improve the side.
bridgesboy79
Coach
Coach

Topics: 50

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dean Howell's Hairdresser wrote:

Doesn't really matter who the other 7 are they are all pretty awful. I might play Tomlin in front of the back four. He could perhaps learn from seeing the oposition strikers play!

How long are Dickson & Edwards expected to be out for? Along with McLeod they are the only players who we currently have who would improve the side.

I think Oyebanjo also does a good job and haven't seen enough of Miller to form an opinion yet.
Dean Howell's Hairdresser
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 7

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bridgesboy79 wrote:
Dean Howell's Hairdresser wrote:

I think Oyebanjo also does a good job and haven't seen enough of Miller to form an opinion yet.

Fair point Oyebanjo does a job. Miller - the jury must be out. He hasn't got a great record at other clubs and didn't get any sort of service at Brizzle
Alex BH
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 54

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorthgateRed wrote:
Alex BH wrote:

We're already in trouble. Is Elliott still at the club? Does anyone know (including the board)? No word on that at all. Our midfield is non existent. Our strikers can't score, hell, they rarely even shoot. Our skipper transfer listed for daring to air the views of the rest of the players. A pitifully poor, clueless management team. A wafer thin squad where we can't always fill the bench with subs, and have to rely on loanees and players barely fit after injury doing a job for us. Home attendances crashing so the club is struggling to be sustainable. One place above the relagation zone.

On the plus side, the pitch looks fantastic after it was finally sorted over the summer. But that is genuinely the only good thing I can think of at the moment regarding our club. Worrying times. I don't want us to get relegated, but its probably the best thing that could happen to us at the moment.
I agree with all that and I'm tired with the lies and communication from the club re players injuries and the budget etc. We desperately need to bring in some players in January or we will probably be relegated.
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex BH wrote:
NorthgateRed wrote:
Alex BH wrote:

I agree with all that and I'm tired with the lies and communication from the club re players injuries and the budget etc. We desperately need to bring in some players in January or we will probably be relegated.

Yes, absolutely. I take everything the club and JG say with a pinch of salt. There isn't that much communication from the club, and what there is I'm never sure I believe anyway. But that's by the by. We definitely need new players in January. A couple of decent midfielders - one creative (please) and one enforcer. Another goalie, possibly Price on an extended loan if he needs games and wants to be the hero in an underperforming team Very Happy And definitely another striker who can actually score goals. Izale needs a strike partner. And I imagine a defender to replace Walsh if/when we sell him. Where the money for that little lot comes from I have no idea. But if it doesn't happen we will be in L2 next season.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: