CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |


Starting XI against Port Vale
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Crawley Dan
Coach
Coach


Joined: 30 Oct 2007
Last Visit: 10 May 2017
Posts: 1997
Topics: 179

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:23 pm    Post subject: Starting XI against Port Vale Reply with quote

What would yours be?

Tough one for me. IF Dickson and Edwards have recovered, they are straight in for me. Now Keith Keane has gone, Elliott isn't fit enough and Josh, well, god knows what's going on there, our midfield is looking very weak.

Price

Oyebanjo, Walsh, Bradley, Leacock, Dickson

Bawling, Smith, Edwards

Tomlin - Shocked and Miller.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
notso
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 13 Jul 2017
Posts: 5443
Topics: 208
Location: Worth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Starting XI against Port Vale Reply with quote

Crawley Dan wrote:
.......our midfield is looking very weak.


It has all season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 09 Jul 2011
Last Visit: 18 Sep 2017
Posts: 5070
Topics: 103

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Starting XI against Port Vale Reply with quote

Crawley Dan wrote:
What would yours be?

Tough one for me. IF Dickson and Edwards have recovered, they are straight in for me. Now Keith Keane has gone, Elliott isn't fit enough and Josh, well, god knows what's going on there, our midfield is looking very weak.

Price

Oyebanjo, Walsh, Bradley, Leacock, Dickson

Bawling, Smith, Edwards

Tomlin - Shocked and Miller.


I really can't see a hernia healing that quickly. Even just for normal stuff that would be a big ask - never mind playing football.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Crawley69
Coach
Coach


Joined: 02 Dec 2012
Last Visit: 19 Sep 2017
Posts: 2582
Topics: 195

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dickson and Edwards aren't ready. Assume Elliot has gone as no announcement .

Simpson may be available if picked.

Midfield will prob be Youmg , Henderson, Smith and Bawling..back to the good old days.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phil T
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 18 Feb 2018
Posts: 4964
Topics: 102
Location: Ifield

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Starting XI against Port Vale Reply with quote

notso wrote:
Crawley Dan wrote:
.......our midfield is looking very weak.


It has all season.


Generally our midfield is difficult to spot........
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Simon
Manager
Manager


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 09 Jul 2017
Posts: 12671
Topics: 380

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
Dickson and Edwards aren't ready. Assume Elliot has gone as no announcement .

Simpson may be available if picked.

Midfield will prob be Youmg , Henderson, Smith and Bawling..back to the good old days.


According to the 'Ask the Club' thread Simpson is doubtful.

Maybe even "little Charlie" Banya will get a few minutes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 13 Jan 2011
Last Visit: 28 May 2017
Posts: 5545
Topics: 70
Location: BW Stand

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:
Dickson and Edwards aren't ready. Assume Elliot has gone as no announcement .

Simpson may be available if picked.

Midfield will prob be Youmg , Henderson, Smith and Bawling..back to the good old days.


According to the 'Ask the Club' thread Simpson is doubtful.

Maybe even "little Charlie" Banya will get a few minutes.

Last time he had a decent run out for us he scored. He deserves a chance ahead of the likes of Tomlin and Smith.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
backofthenet
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 05 Feb 2011
Last Visit: 28 May 2017
Posts: 3197
Topics: 421
Location: Oop North

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Price

Oyebanjo, Walsh, Bradley, Leacock, Bawling

Tomlin/Young, Smith, Elliott

Harrold, Miller.

If Edwards and or Dickson are fit I would have them on the bench.

As for Elliott, he was on a month by month contract I thought so unless we haven't renewed it I can't see why he couldn't play?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alex BH
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 25 Aug 2010
Last Visit: 20 Jul 2017
Posts: 3235
Topics: 54

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even with all our players fit we must have the worst midfield in the league. We need to sort this out in January or we will be in trouble.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 13 Jan 2011
Last Visit: 28 May 2017
Posts: 5545
Topics: 70
Location: BW Stand

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex BH wrote:
Even with all our players fit we must have the worst midfield in the league. We need to sort this out in January or we will be in trouble.

We're already in trouble. Is Elliott still at the club? Does anyone know (including the board)? No word on that at all. Our midfield is non existent. Our strikers can't score, hell, they rarely even shoot. Our skipper transfer listed for daring to air the views of the rest of the players. A pitifully poor, clueless management team. A wafer thin squad where we can't always fill the bench with subs, and have to rely on loanees and players barely fit after injury doing a job for us. Home attendances crashing so the club is struggling to be sustainable. One place above the relagation zone.

On the plus side, the pitch looks fantastic after it was finally sorted over the summer. But that is genuinely the only good thing I can think of at the moment regarding our club. Worrying times. I don't want us to get relegated, but its probably the best thing that could happen to us at the moment.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dean Howell's Hairdresser
Squad member
Squad member


Joined: 20 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 09 Jul 2017
Posts: 336
Topics: 7
Location: Horsham

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Price, Bradley, Walsh and Leacock.

Doesn't really matter who the other 7 are they are all pretty awful. I might play Tomlin in front of the back four. He could perhaps learn from seeing the oposition strikers play!

How long are Dickson & Edwards expected to be out for? Along with McLeod they are the only players who we currently have who would improve the side.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bridgesboy79
Coach
Coach


Joined: 15 Dec 2007
Last Visit: 22 May 2017
Posts: 1620
Topics: 50

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dean Howell's Hairdresser wrote:
Price, Bradley, Walsh and Leacock.

Doesn't really matter who the other 7 are they are all pretty awful. I might play Tomlin in front of the back four. He could perhaps learn from seeing the oposition strikers play!

How long are Dickson & Edwards expected to be out for? Along with McLeod they are the only players who we currently have who would improve the side.


I think Oyebanjo also does a good job and haven't seen enough of Miller to form an opinion yet.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dean Howell's Hairdresser
Squad member
Squad member


Joined: 20 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 09 Jul 2017
Posts: 336
Topics: 7
Location: Horsham

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bridgesboy79 wrote:
Dean Howell's Hairdresser wrote:
Price, Bradley, Walsh and Leacock.

Doesn't really matter who the other 7 are they are all pretty awful. I might play Tomlin in front of the back four. He could perhaps learn from seeing the oposition strikers play!

How long are Dickson & Edwards expected to be out for? Along with McLeod they are the only players who we currently have who would improve the side.


I think Oyebanjo also does a good job and haven't seen enough of Miller to form an opinion yet.


Fair point Oyebanjo does a job. Miller - the jury must be out. He hasn't got a great record at other clubs and didn't get any sort of service at Brizzle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alex BH
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 25 Aug 2010
Last Visit: 20 Jul 2017
Posts: 3235
Topics: 54

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorthgateRed wrote:
Alex BH wrote:
Even with all our players fit we must have the worst midfield in the league. We need to sort this out in January or we will be in trouble.

We're already in trouble. Is Elliott still at the club? Does anyone know (including the board)? No word on that at all. Our midfield is non existent. Our strikers can't score, hell, they rarely even shoot. Our skipper transfer listed for daring to air the views of the rest of the players. A pitifully poor, clueless management team. A wafer thin squad where we can't always fill the bench with subs, and have to rely on loanees and players barely fit after injury doing a job for us. Home attendances crashing so the club is struggling to be sustainable. One place above the relagation zone.

On the plus side, the pitch looks fantastic after it was finally sorted over the summer. But that is genuinely the only good thing I can think of at the moment regarding our club. Worrying times. I don't want us to get relegated, but its probably the best thing that could happen to us at the moment.
I agree with all that and I'm tired with the lies and communication from the club re players injuries and the budget etc. We desperately need to bring in some players in January or we will probably be relegated.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 13 Jan 2011
Last Visit: 28 May 2017
Posts: 5545
Topics: 70
Location: BW Stand

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex BH wrote:
NorthgateRed wrote:
Alex BH wrote:
Even with all our players fit we must have the worst midfield in the league. We need to sort this out in January or we will be in trouble.

We're already in trouble. Is Elliott still at the club? Does anyone know (including the board)? No word on that at all. Our midfield is non existent. Our strikers can't score, hell, they rarely even shoot. Our skipper transfer listed for daring to air the views of the rest of the players. A pitifully poor, clueless management team. A wafer thin squad where we can't always fill the bench with subs, and have to rely on loanees and players barely fit after injury doing a job for us. Home attendances crashing so the club is struggling to be sustainable. One place above the relagation zone.

On the plus side, the pitch looks fantastic after it was finally sorted over the summer. But that is genuinely the only good thing I can think of at the moment regarding our club. Worrying times. I don't want us to get relegated, but its probably the best thing that could happen to us at the moment.
I agree with all that and I'm tired with the lies and communication from the club re players injuries and the budget etc. We desperately need to bring in some players in January or we will probably be relegated.

Yes, absolutely. I take everything the club and JG say with a pinch of salt. There isn't that much communication from the club, and what there is I'm never sure I believe anyway. But that's by the by. We definitely need new players in January. A couple of decent midfielders - one creative (please) and one enforcer. Another goalie, possibly Price on an extended loan if he needs games and wants to be the hero in an underperforming team Very Happy And definitely another striker who can actually score goals. Izale needs a strike partner. And I imagine a defender to replace Walsh if/when we sell him. Where the money for that little lot comes from I have no idea. But if it doesn't happen we will be in L2 next season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum






This forum is run independently from and has no connection with the Crawley Town Football Club official site
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group :: Spelling by SpellingCow.


  Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit