CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Vote of confidence
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:41 pm    Post subject: Vote of confidence Reply with quote

Should we start a sweepstake for when JG receives it from the board?
Wodin
First Team
First Team

Topics: 53

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe...but his hands have been tied by the directors.

I vote to see if we can find where a midfield has been hidden
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He needs taxi not sweepstake!
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This budget thing that people trott out as an excuse for having to watch that rubbish we are served up isn't close to justification.

No one knows the budget but Dunsford regularly trots out its a competitive budget compared to other league one teams.

Some of Gregory's signings are terrible, I do wonder about his judgement of players and defiantly have serious doubts about his football coaching ability . The tactical , positional play has been dire all year, today we added the added dimension of a lack of effort by some players.

They spend more time shouting at each other than closing down and tackling.
lee 66
Coach
Coach

Topics: 104

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another 2 or 3 performences like today and JG will be toast.
He obviously has a good relationship with Micheal Dunford which will probably buy him some time.It still won't save him though if his signings continue to flop as badly as they are.I would be a very worried man if I were in John Gregory's shoes.
mickf
Coach
Coach

Topics: 49

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some heart in the middle of the team would be nice. Lots of going through the motions from many when Rochdale were working their socks off.
JG taking responsibility in his interview but several of those player should be ashamed of themselves rather than look elsewhere for an excuse.
We were very lucky against Swindon, awful against Bradford and indescribable today!
Pretty away performances mean nothing when we cannot even sustain any momentum at home and how can you ask fans to bring along friends when they would be embarrassed to put that in front of their friends. Would you own up to supporting that shower, let alone asking anybody else to come and watch it? Shocked
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last season I seem to recall JG saying we should judge him when he had brought in his own players. Well there wasn't a player in the 18 today that didn't sign a contract under JG's management and they looked like a pub team.

On that basis the clock is ticking and results need to improve or JG sent on his way. The football this season has been dire and gates will continue to fall with much more of that dross.

Despite a lot of bluster JG's record isn't any better than Barker (if not worse). In his last 5 jobs he hasn't lasted much more than a year and I can't see Crawley being much different.
jules59
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A wake up call for JG from the dream of thinking we had a good side.
He will be given time to try to sort this mess out.
Can he do it?He has one hell of a job on his hands. Shocked
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lee 66 wrote:
He obviously has a good relationship with Micheal Dunford which will probably buy him some time. It still won't save him though if his signings continue to flop as badly as they are.

I wonder whether Michael Dunford would follow JG out the door if JG gets the boot? After all it was JG's links to Dunford that probably nailed him the job in the first place.
Damo
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 11

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mickf wrote:
how can you ask fans to bring along friends when they would be embarrassed to put that in front of their friends. Would you own up to supporting that shower, let alone asking anybody else to come and watch it? Shocked

You can win 500 though. Is it worth that to lose a friend? Smile
lee 66
Coach
Coach

Topics: 104

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
lee 66 wrote:
He obviously has a good relationship with Micheal Dunford which will probably buy him some time. It still won't save him though if his signings continue to flop as badly as they are.

I wonder whether Michael Dunford would follow JG out the door if JG gets the boot? After all it was JG's links to Dunford that probably nailed him the job in the first place.

Good shout.
I would bet both would go together if JG is sacked.
I also wonder how well Hong Kong Paul knows JG and Micheal Dunford because of the Villa connection.(Hong Kong Paul is a know Villa fan)
sawdustbrown
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 9

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mickf wrote:
how can you ask fans to bring along friends when they would be embarrassed to put that in front of their friends. Would you own up to supporting that shower, let alone asking anybody else to come and watch it? Shocked

Brought along a Chelsea ST holder mate today. Shouldn't think he will be back. Shocked

Admin edit: Quoting corrected
daz
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 28

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out now.....complete utter tosh....loseing fans left right and centre..squad crap , only manager to blame....wasnt a great fan of sergio none of our midfiers are better than him..is he really earning more money at whitehawk...also if we have no money we seem to have quite a lot off staff overlooking pre match warm , must be at least 6 overlooking things...we may have no
money ( but did I read somewhere that hong kong paul still put in money during summer)nd money from drury and mcfadzean.not seen a decent game at home now for ages, friends who where regulars now not bothering, who can blame them,so many better ways to spend 20 pound...could bring a few new people along from work to watch a game but at the moment its to embarresing and they would be bored sh.t less, the only reason why I put up with it is because I have done for 25 years but I can honestley say the last 12 mounths has been complete crap and ive had enough now.
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the previous two years we could consider ourselves a decent mid table team, possibly even slightly higher but for squad strength and last seasons pitch issues.

The team we had last season would demolish this team they barley look like they are playing the same game.

We have always had trouble in front of goal. But the teams previously always had structure to it a pattern of play a decent level of skill and passion.

There is nothing in this bunch. Could any one define or team pattern or style. It is truly archaic to watch and even if the long ball was justified as a team pattern , Gregory hasn't even recruited the players to pull it off. He must have had a total brain fart when he signed our midfield.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be sent packing to Coventry before we get to go.there amd play them
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: