CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

First real sleepless night for John Gregory.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
notso
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 208

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a lot of cynicism already. One lost match and the knives are out.

Admittedly the last two games performances have not been what we would have liked, but we still got 3 points from them.

As Phil T said last night, 6 points from three matches, that's playoff form.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say the three teams we have faced are likely to finish in the top third this season so the results have been good even if the performances raise questions.... ultimately it will all boil down to results, not performances..

..insomnia starts when we make a habit of dropping points and players show no signs of improving.... we ain't there yet.

sleep well sleepy2 JG... while you can.
AllRed63
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 15

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
I'd say the three teams we have faced are likely to finish in the top third this season so the results have been good even if the performances raise questions.... ultimately it will all boil down to results, not performances..

..insomnia starts when we make a habit of dropping points and players show no signs of improving.... we ain't there yet.

sleep well sleepy2 JG... while you can.

Time for a rational view - let's have a look at our results:

Barnsley (ex Premier League team) 1-0 W
Ipswich Town (ex Premier League team) 1-0 W
Swindon Town (ex Premier League team) 1-0 W
Bradford City (ex Premier League team) 1-3 L

Not bad for an ex-Southern League side I'd say. I would also say we are playing "pragmatic" football at the moment. Do you really want a bunch of strangers trying to play like Arsenal? One misplaced pass (as we saw last night) will end in disaster! If you're under pressure, get rid - that was always one of my maxims in my playing days in the Sussex Sunday League North Division Five! I had a few others I won't mention - but others might! When we do get the ball down in midfield we look half decent - players like Gwion and Bobson can only improve - both looked a handful at times last night! Henderson I believe can play much better - his dead ball delivery is pretty good. JG will have been chomping at the bit today having looked pretty dejected last night. Don't throw the towel in yet boys! I fancy us to rebound Saturday!

PS Classic moment last night - when Jensen almost let the ball out of his grasp when little McLean had a sneaky kick. Jensen took exception whilst he was on the ground with little McLean standing over him, chuntering away!! Very unwise!! Eventually, the Beast slowly rose from the ground whilst McLean was still chuntering - and kept rising until be was fully a foot over McLean and they stood chest to nose for an age! By this time McLean had thought to himself "*beep* - how do I get out of this without losing face or getting flattened" Luckily for him the ref intervened. B-ee-a-ss-tt!!!
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
I genuinely think his only option is to call in some favours from Managers at bigger clubs and bring in a couple of midfielders.

I don't think 19 year olds are the answer. We need a hard man with a loud voice in there, not a kid.
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. There must be some experienced squad play in the championship who need a run of games. Def no more youngsters in the squad we have enough.
John The Gas
Coach
Coach

Topics: 85

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
I agree. There must be some experienced squad play in the championship who need a run of games. Def no more youngsters in the squad we have enough.

You win nothing with Kids😉

JTG
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:
I genuinely think his only option is to call in some favours from Managers at bigger clubs and bring in a couple of midfielders.

I don't think 19 year olds are the answer. We need a hard man with a loud voice in there, not a kid.
I agree we need experince we need someone physically powerful and we need a leader that commands respect. The blend is wrong. Nothing wrong with players like bits and bobs ans he can definately put the effort in just lacks street wise experience on the pitch though when he thought he was being subbed not the Bradfod player was quite commical
Warren
Coach
Coach

Topics: 299

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe someone like Diagouraga from Brentford - big, powerful central midfielder, knows the League well and is probably available. Realistic target IMO.
steve6555
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 30

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need Simpson back and Harold up front for that bit of experience. The goals we conceded on Tuesday night consisted of 2 defensive slips at crucial times and a wonder strike in off the far post.
Bradford certainly deserved there win by playing the better football and moving the ball quicker. Having said that both teams had equal amount of chances. Tomlin should certainly of tested the keeper when put through just before half-time.
I think the team will get better, but we could certainly do with a few experienced loan signings in the middle of the park.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: