CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

R2 Capital One Cup - W/C 25/8
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graeme wrote:
but the only Luton supporters were in Block F, block G was empty, the rest was Norwich fans.

That's a hell of a big block

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wC6rfUeHts

It holds 4000 Shocked

http://www1.skysports.com/foot.....717/report
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graeme is right with his local knowledge about complaints that many do not get enough chances to watch the team at home... and will likely try and seize this opportunity...

...essentially this is because Norwich - similar to... er... "neighbours" Ipswich - are very much a team identified with & representing the entire county... and a surprisingly large geographic area it is too.

BTW - It is no longer called "Carrow Road", it has been renamed "Letsby Avenue". Surprised
Graeme
Coach
Coach

Topics: 68

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
Graeme wrote:
but the only Luton supporters were in Block F, block G was empty, the rest was Norwich fans.

That's a hell of a big block

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wC6rfUeHts

It holds 4000 Shocked

http://www1.skysports.com/foot.....717/report

I stand corrected Ian that is 3/4 blocks of the Jarrold stand. Normally they get one or two on the left. When I watched the Brighton game a few years ago they had one, Man U got two. Maybe the ticket allocation for the FA cup has to be higher ?
The ground capacity is about 27000, for at least the last five years I think the average attendance has been between around 24 although I have a feeling it was nearer 26 last season.

In my defence the ground was packed so my guess is there was 25 or 26000 I am almost certain it was a sell out. (then I am getting old, memories not what it was.)
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graeme wrote:
Simon wrote:
Graeme wrote:
I reckon there will be 16000-20000 at least. I have never been to Carrow road with less than that sort of crowd. My guess about 18000.
When they played Luton in the cup they really dropped the prices and the place was packed but it always is. (They lost as well !)

Maybe but that was the FA Cup, on a Saturday afternoon, plus Luton is a fair bit closer than Crawley and they have a bigger support base than us.

This is the League Cup on a Tuesday night with a 6 hour return trip from Crawley.

If we took 400 I think we will have done very well, even with cheap prices.

Yes it was a Saturday afternoon, but the only Luton supporters were in Block F, block G was empty, the rest was Norwich fans. Whether we take 100 or 400 it will make virtually no difference to the crowd. They didnt think much of the draw but as its their last game until 13th September so most seem to be planning to go.

What happened to the missing 4,000 then. Must have been doing their hair. Looked about half full to me.
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both sides were pretty full, but the ends were sparsely populated.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: