CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Ipswich Town matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
guildford roader
First Team
First Team

Topics: 11

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The defensive back five look a great foundation. Particularly impressed with Leacock so far. Izale is a much better outlet up front than we've had in recent seasons. The midfield and support is very raw but it's taking shape, JG clearly wants pace, energy and good decision making but it' a bit variable at the moment. Banya looks a better option than Young. Dickson looks a good option on the left midfield. Gwion hasnt settled yet after his super spell last season - probably trying too hard. Plenty for JG/PG to work on but promising start.
Graeme
Coach
Coach

Topics: 68

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got back to Norwich at 2:00 absolutely nackered but it was well worth it.
I thought we were lucky. But the defence looks pretty solid specially when as a back 5. I cant see anyone stuffing us.
Thought the youngsters in midfield all put in a shift couldnt fault them for effort but they definitly haven't gelled yet. There isnt the understanding yet and a lot of passes went astray.
The beast was immense and kept us in the game and held that defence together.
Mcleod was restricted to a handfull of chances but did what was needed. The midfield need to support him more and learn his game.

All said team is still a work in progress and will only improve. All very promising.
Great nigh so glad I went blob6
ant
Coach
Coach

Topics: 24

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really enjoyable game. Entertaining, good action and to top it all we won!

Back looks assured....I've seen Bradley play a couple of times now at left back and I have to say I'm developing into a bit of a fan of his. Clearly he often likes to drift into centre half but having another big physical presence at the back looks like helping shore us up. And Walsh and Leacock look every bit as good as Kyle/Walsh.

Still missing something from midfield but two wins out of two and no goals conceeded is a really nice platform to work on
notso
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 208

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came away from the ground last night with many more positives than negatives and most of these have already been picked up in previous posts.

The back 5 were very solid, if we can build on this then the season looks far better than I envisaged.

The midfield were lacking, but early days. A bit too lightweight for my liking, there was no Bully-bite.

Up front, Macca did what he needed to do. He kept their defence tied up with is movement and harrying.

Overall, if we can keep this up and get the midfield to improve then I can actually see us being a force to reckon with this coming season.
red cabbage
Youth team
Youth team

Topics: 8

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject: Ipswich Game Reply with quote

ant wrote:
..........Back looks assured....I've seen Bradley play a couple of times now at left back and I have to say I'm developing into a bit of a fan of his. Clearly he often likes to drift into centre half but having another big physical presence at the back looks like helping shore us up. And Walsh and Leacock look every bit as good as Kyle/Walsh. ........

Amazing that we have managed to replace Joe Walsh with someone of similar ability and even the same surname!!

Admin edit: Quote now quoted
reigatered
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First time for me seeing the new team and I was quietly impressed. Defensively we looked well organised and solid and generally contained Ipswich very well. All of the back five played well and there was good composure too.

I also though Mcloud was well motivated and dangerous up front and played with great commitment.

Smith and Henderson looked ok and solid in midfield, but as is already well documented others looked lightweight. Raw speed is great, but you need more than that to be effcetive in League 1.

Good game I thought, and although it was far from a full strength Ipswich team, still avery notable scalp. Pleased to see the pitch looking excellent (of course it should be at this time of year), but hopefully it will play better this season.

Overall an enjoyable and promising evening.
Alex BH
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 54

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The defence looked solid. Bradley looked good, got stuck in and was a presence at the back.

Midfield looked weak, too many times their players ran past ours to easily. Young has go to improve, he's got to be stronger. Henderson is a great deliver of the ball but we need to see him influence the game in open play more. Bobson was full of energy, I'm sure he'll be more effective with a bit more experience. Think Simpson coming back could help in shoring up the midfield.

Izale is a classic goal poacher and could do well for us. Would like to see Harold play alongside him to see if that could add something to our game.

Encouraging start, but still plenty of room for improvement.
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
Good turnout by the farmers too, shame only 2200 hoem fans could be bothered to come and watch us take another Championship scalp.

Stub holders from last night must be next in line for Manchester United tickets in the next round after STH/CTSA have had their dibs!

And vouchers on the back page of the programme too I noticed last night. Wink
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: