CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Friendly v Chelsea U21
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

Topics: 59

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our eleven against their eleven. We won. Their second eleven v our second eleven plus trialists. They won.

I was surprised to see Bamford and McEachen playing for them. Cheaky loan bid?

Good run out for 60 mins but too many changes after that. Both sides.

Our first eleven is good enough to do well in our league. We have one or two decent back ups too. Trouble is if we get some injuries in the wrong positions we are in doo doo land.

I'm not a fan of Leacock, the whole right side looks a problem and midfield looks to be an issue. Jensen is good but the Hammers youngster needs to go back to the east end.

Some problems are easily solved. Smith and Henderson in the middle, Simpson on the right and Edwards the left. Midfield as good as we can have at the moment.

The back line is a head scratcher. I've not seen enough of Bradley to say if he is better or worse than Walsh and Peacock but Stewart and Essam are not the answer to the problem. I don't think we have a choice but to go with Dickinson, Walsh Leacock and Obe.

Looks as though we are playing one up front at the moment as Harrad and Tomlin are injured so we have a space for a second striker. O'Connor or Bawling for me but it doesn' t inspire.

The bench looks weak.

Gregory has done well to build a team in a couple of months but a leader is required on the pitch. Someone who can ball a player out when they are doing it but is also good enough to warrant their own place in the side. I didn't see anyone step up for the role today.

Jim Baker
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with most of that. The worry I have is Simpson has looked like our most accomplished midfielder in every game and the strongest in the challenge.

Either he has moved up a level or we will be mullered. Last year I would say he was behind all of Drurry , Adams , Jones and Bulman in terms of performance.. He was decent but certainly was never any where near our go to man in the midfield.

JG keeps talking about one more signing it would be stupid to sign stewart as fifth centre back when we are struggling so badly in midfield. At times to day in the first half the Chelsea midfielders were running through the middle with the ball un opposed.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good see so few attend maybe the club will finally listen next season and we will see no more of these chelsea youth team yawn friendlies
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That youth team from Chelsea was probably more technically accomplished and talented than a lot of championship teams. The only thing they lacked was the nous to as to when not to over play. They also wasted a lot of possession with speculative shooting.

I thin the left back played four games in the World Cup for Nigeria and the right back 4o games for Blackburn. They were more than adequate opposition for us.
Newish Red
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 9

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
That youth team from Chelsea was probably more technically accomplished and talented than a lot of championship teams. The only thing they lacked was the nous to as to when not to over play. They also wasted a lot of possession with speculative shooting.

I thin the left back played four games in the World Cup for Nigeria and the right back 4o games for Blackburn. They were more than adequate opposition for us.

Seated in the East Stand, as usual I found it impossible to hear teams & substitutions.
Could someone please post a note of the Chelsea numbers & names. It will be interesting to see how many of them make it into the first team.
notso
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 208

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just seen the highlights . Blimey, no wonder West Ham let that goalie go on loan.

Send him back before the start of the season please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsPFLaP5yqo

Admin edit: Link amended
mickf
Coach
Coach

Topics: 49

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cannot see any benefit to us (PR or playing wise) from playing against Chelsea kids XI, especially if we also lose to them! Surely better another conference or Championship/lower league club, or was the idea to show all the Crawley Chelsea sheep how much better (how much more money they have) they are than us? They are setting up shop just over the road from us and can still only send us the boys team. Never again PLEASE!!!!
Also a worry about Tomlin after the amount of praise and expectation JG has heaped on him, and also that he now says "he has a history of this type of injury"!! Shocked
Alex BH
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 54

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just seen the highlights and it's clear to see that the reserve keeper isn't up to it. Hope we let him go before the season starts.
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notso wrote:
Just seen the highlights . Blimey, no wonder West Ham let that goalie go on loan.

Send him back before the start of the season please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsPFLaP5yqo

Admin edit: Link amended

Oh dear.

Goal 1 - no problem as most keepers would have let that in.

Goal 2 - looked bad but it was the usual keeper's dilemma of whether to go for the ball or await the deflection. Looked bad but I can see why he waited.

Goal 3. What a balls up.

I've seen established goalkeepers do stuff like that but they had built up some credibility first so were forgiven.

I am concerned generally because we have struggled in the PSFs when called upon to play non park teams.
It's hard to say but I see a difficult start to the season with things gradually getting better. Other teams are having to cut their cloth too. The "wage cap by another name" will possibly see all but the best supported clubs lowering their standards so it could yet be a decent season.
synavm
Youth team
Youth team

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it seems McEachran, Bamford, Kane were playing. Were Omeruo and Chalobah there? To be fair, that's not a bad side to play at all.
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

Topics: 59

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

synavm wrote:
So it seems McEachran, Bamford, Kane were playing. Were Omeruo and Chalobah there? To be fair, that's not a bad side to play at all.

They had some very good players in the side and on the bench. I didn't hear the sides read out but I think the 20k a week central defender started.

As always the issue with developement teams is always that they have some good players but they also have some that are not up to standard. One or two will be premier league players. The majority will end up in the championship and two or three will be in the Southern League on playing for Chelsea. Nothing wrong with the Southern League though it's just it doesn't look good when we lose to them.

Jim Baker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: