CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |


Connor Essam

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Crawley69
Coach
Coach


Joined: 02 Dec 2012
Last Visit: 19 Sep 2017
Posts: 2582
Topics: 195

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:49 pm    Post subject: Connor Essam Reply with quote

What is to become of him. He wasn't used once last season by JG and in this preseason has had very limited chances. The most telling instance was when the trialist from Havent was brought on before him at centre back versus Brighton.

I assume he is on a decent contract from Barkers era and therefore he can't afford to leave to play. The real test will be when Walsh leaves I.e if JG brings in a replacement centre back despite us
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phil B
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 09 Dec 2017
Posts: 4141
Topics: 51
Location: Ifield, Crawley

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Connor Essam Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
What is to become of him. He wasn't used once last season by JG and in this preseason has had very limited chances. The most telling instance was when the trialist from Havent was brought on before him at centre back versus Brighton.

I assume he is on a decent contract from Barkers era and therefore he can't afford to leave to play. The real test will be when Walsh leaves I.e if JG brings in a replacement centre back despite us


So when is Walsh leaving ? I must have missed it. Confused
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 13 Jan 2011
Last Visit: 28 May 2017
Posts: 5545
Topics: 70
Location: BW Stand

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think he will be on huge wages tbh. Yeah we have 4 CBs at the mo, but if Walsh does leave, we will need Essam. He's always looked ok when he plays for us. Not really been given a chance. Hopefully will be soon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Crawley69
Coach
Coach


Joined: 02 Dec 2012
Last Visit: 19 Sep 2017
Posts: 2582
Topics: 195

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He will be gone before the window closes. If you can't see the clear build up to it via the interviews and having watched it play out with several other players this summer you have your eyes and ears closed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 13 Jan 2011
Last Visit: 28 May 2017
Posts: 5545
Topics: 70
Location: BW Stand

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Connor Essam Reply with quote

Phil B wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:
What is to become of him. He wasn't used once last season by JG and in this preseason has had very limited chances. The most telling instance was when the trialist from Havent was brought on before him at centre back versus Brighton.

I assume he is on a decent contract from Barkers era and therefore he can't afford to leave to play. The real test will be when Walsh leaves I.e if JG brings in a replacement centre back despite us


So when is Walsh leaving ? I must have missed it. Confused

Walsh and Essam have both been leaving for months now according to Cr69. If there is a chance of the club getting a decent fee for Walsh, they will sell. They are following the Southampton model re transfers. Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Crawley69
Coach
Coach


Joined: 02 Dec 2012
Last Visit: 19 Sep 2017
Posts: 2582
Topics: 195

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never suggested Essam would leave. He would be a fool to go no one else would sign him having hardly played in the last two years.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Peter
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 11 Jun 2017
Posts: 13258
Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Connor Essam Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
What is to become of him. He wasn't used once last season by JG and in this preseason has had very limited chances.

Can I firstly congratulate you on spelling his name right. Laughing

Maybe his chances have been limited as JG only sees him as a squad player, given that's all he was last season?

Crawley69 wrote:
The most telling instance was when the trialist from Havent was brought on before him at centre back versus Brighton.

The trialist you are talking about was actually from Bognor. Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 13 Jan 2011
Last Visit: 28 May 2017
Posts: 5545
Topics: 70
Location: BW Stand

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
Never suggested Essam would leave. He would be a fool to go no one else would sign him having hardly played in the last two years.

Sorry, let me rephrase. You've wanted him to leave for months now. Essam ain't as bad as you say, repeatedly.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Simon
Manager
Manager


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 09 Jul 2017
Posts: 12671
Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully he will prove us all wrong.

I wouldn't over-exaggerate JGs ability to spot a player. He kept Edwards sat on the bench for weeks last season and only used him when it was clear Monakana wasn't fit and the two loanees from Palace were useless.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phil B
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 09 Dec 2017
Posts: 4141
Topics: 51
Location: Ifield, Crawley

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
He will be gone before the window closes. If you can't see the clear build up to it via the interviews and having watched it play out with several other players this summer you have your eyes and ears closed.


Ahh,

So no actual facts then ...... Rolling Eyes

And I have been looking so the eyes are ok.
As for the hearing, you are 50% right ..... Laughing Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Crawley Ben
Coach
Coach


Joined: 15 Dec 2010
Last Visit: 04 Jun 2017
Posts: 2123
Topics: 176
Location: Broadfield

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Connor Essam Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
What is to become of him. He wasn't used once last season by JG and in this preseason has had very limited chances. The most telling instance was when the trialist from Havent was brought on before him at centre back versus Brighton.

I assume he is on a decent contract from Barkers era and therefore he can't afford to leave to play. The real test will be when Walsh leaves I.e if JG brings in a replacement centre back despite us


He's in the starting 11 tonight v Three Bridges, bet your devastated Laughing

Ben
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bridgesboy79
Coach
Coach


Joined: 15 Dec 2007
Last Visit: 22 May 2017
Posts: 1620
Topics: 50

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
Hopefully he will prove us all wrong.

I wouldn't over-exaggerate JGs ability to spot a player. He kept Edwards sat on the bench for weeks last season and only used him when it was clear Monakana wasn't fit and the two loanees from Palace were useless.


A little harsh on the Palace loanees as they didn't have much game time. It isn't always possible to adapt to a new side straight away.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Crawley69
Coach
Coach


Joined: 02 Dec 2012
Last Visit: 19 Sep 2017
Posts: 2582
Topics: 195

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He played and i am pleased for him becasue he dosent get many chances.

Perhaps more telling is we trialed Stewart another centre back which tells me when Walsh goes we will probably sign Stewart and Essam will still be fourth choices.

Personally i think he has done ok when he has played but he must be wondering why he is at Crawley.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 13 Jan 2011
Last Visit: 28 May 2017
Posts: 5545
Topics: 70
Location: BW Stand

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
He played and i am pleased for him becasue he dosent get many chances.

Perhaps more telling is we trialed Stewart another centre back which tells me when Walsh goes we will probably sign Stewart and Essam will still be fourth choices.

Personally i think he has done ok when he has played but he must be wondering why he is at Crawley.

He played for us last season. He's probably amazed he's still here. Endangered species, last season's players.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum






This forum is run independently from and has no connection with the Crawley Town Football Club official site
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group :: Spelling by SpellingCow.


  Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit