CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Three Bridges friendly
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
notso
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 208

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went there thinking I might be seeing trialists and trialists it was. God forbid we sign any of them. What an awful match.

I couldn't believe how easy our number 20 got skinned each time at left back, and now just found out that he is Bobson Bawling - OMG!

Tait was the revelation. He's put on a bit of weight and is even slower than he was before, but he had a lot of single touch play that was very neat and tidy and also took his goal well (after Bawling got beaten again on the left side!)

Now I know why I don't bother with PSF's, Three Bridges normally being the exception.

In the words of the song - 'It can only get better'.
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What position Did Matt Warren play?

I know a decent player called Matt Warren from Horsham. Wonder if its the same person.
Astral Voyager
Coach
Coach

Topics: 111

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pedlar wrote:
Pointless match tonight.i won't bother taking another look at any of them. Not league 1 standard.

Pointless,but at least Bridges coffers will be a bit bigger Wink
ant
Coach
Coach

Topics: 24

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's always an enjoyable evening at Three bridges , long may they continue to have a pre season friendly against us.

Whilst some will say it was pointless, it wasn't at all. It proved beyond doubt that many trialists who may have been at other clubs (some bigger some smaller) that there is no point them trying to further their career with us or League 1. They were out-thought and out fought most of the time by players with less skill but more gumption who currently ply their trade four or five leagues below us.

You can be as skillful as you like but if you can't get the ball off a man or stand up to a shoulder charge or two then you haven't learnt enough about the game to work at that level.
sawdustbrown
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 9

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:

I know a decent player called Matt Warren from Horsham. Wonder if its the same person.

He played centre midfield until he went off injured Ian. I had thought the same as have played against a Holbrook player by the same name but wasn't him
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sawdustbrown wrote:
Ian wrote:

He played centre midfield until he went off injured Ian. I had thought the same as have played against a Holbrook player by the same name but wasn't him

It was the (former?) Holbrook player that I was thinking of - I used to play for Holbrook myself. Just wondered if he'd done the weekend trial and scored himself a game.

Obviously not thumbleft
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
sawdustbrown wrote:
Ian wrote:

It was the (former?) Holbrook player that I was thinking of - I used to play for Holbrook myself. Just wondered if he'd done the weekend trial and scored himself a game.

Obviously not thumbleft

You used to play for a few half decent outfits Ian.
But let it go mate.Just......just let it go.
Drew
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 8

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ant wrote:
Whilst some will say it was pointless, it wasn't at all. It proved beyond doubt that many trialists who may have been at other clubs (some bigger some smaller) that there is no point them trying to further their career with us or League 1.

This.

The exact point of PSFs against sides like Oakwood and TB (apart from helping local non-league sides financially) is to take a look at players on trial - so to say last night was pointless is, err... pointless Exclamation
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armchairfan wrote:
Ian wrote:
sawdustbrown wrote:
Ian wrote:

Obviously not thumbleft

You used to play for a few half decent outfits Ian.
But let it go mate.Just......just let it go.

I've officially retired now Matt Crying or Very sad
notso
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 208

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew wrote:
ant wrote:
Whilst some will say it was pointless, it wasn't at all. It proved beyond doubt that many trialists who may have been at other clubs (some bigger some smaller) that there is no point them trying to further their career with us or League 1.

This.

The exact point of PSFs against sides like Oakwood and TB (apart from helping local non-league sides financially) is to take a look at players on trial - so to say last night was pointless is, err... pointless Exclamation

Please note that I didn't say it was pointless, but it really was a crap match. I always like the TBFC PSF solely because it puts money into their coffers (and it walkable for me Very Happy )
ant
Coach
Coach

Topics: 24

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notso wrote:
but it really was a crap match.

Agreed Very Happy
lochislair
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 129

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ant wrote:
notso wrote:
but it really was a crap match.

Agreed Very Happy

Looking at the pics I've seen on Facebook, at least the sunset was attractive, and apparently the beer was good, so it wasn't entirely pointless Very Happy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: