CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Eastleigh friendly
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't surprise me. There were suggestions we were reducing our wage bill by half this season and looking at the players it's seems pretty accurate.

Even if you just take Drurry and Mcfazdean we received 250,000 plus got there wages off the books. If they were on 100k each which is conservative. It's a near 500k swing. There is no way that has been reinvested in the team since they left.

Bobson Balding and OConor will be luck if they are on 40k each.

Players like Young won't be on much more. I would be surprised if our total wage bill reaches 1.7m. based on the players we have signed.
Ross
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 157

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley Dan wrote:
Interesting to hear JG say he thinks Eastleigh have a bigger budget than ourselves... Shocked

We was talking about this yesterday, 2 people reckon that Eastleigh's budget this year is 40K a week.

Which would easily put them above ours, They went up from the conference south with a budget of 20K a week.
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
Doesn't surprise me. There were suggestions we were reducing our wage bill by half this season and looking at the players it's seems pretty accurate.

Even if you just take Drurry and Mcfazdean we received 250,000 plus got there wages off the books. If they were on 100k each which is conservative. It's a near 500k swing. There is no way that has been reinvested in the team since they left.

Bobson Balding and OConor will be luck if they are on 40k each.

Players like Young won't be on much more. I would be surprised if our total wage bill reaches 1.7m. based on the players we have signed.

Don't you agree with the club reducing the wage bill then? Especially considering it was not sustainable the last couple of seasons at the level it was at, with our low attendances?
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't say I didn't agree with it. What in my comment led you to that conclusion.?

The only issue I do take up is Dunford interview saying the Drurry and Mcfaz sales and their wages would be reinvested in the squad. I just don't see the players we have signed subsequently account for the half million plus there wages and transfer fees freed up.

To be honest I absoloutly think we have to exist within our means. I in fact advocate the sale of Walsh if we can get someone to pay 300k for him. I think we will need a few higher quality / established players to stay up this year and unfortunately he will have to go to fund it.

Last edited by Crawley69 on Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
David R
First Team
First Team

Topics: 33

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a thread on the football league forum 'More than just a game' that has turned from talking about preseason friendlies to some nasty anti CTFC bashing, too small for league one etc. I really thought all that had finished.
Crawley Dan
Coach
Coach

Topics: 179

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David R wrote:
To some nasty anti CTFC bashing, too small for league one etc.

We are tinpot, and if they are saying 'too small for league one' then they are only telling the truth. There are plenty of things to back that up. For a start, worst away support in league 1 last season, fifth worst (i think) in the whole football league. Home crowds of about 2800, for league one, is embarrassing.
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
The only issue I do take up is Dunford interview saying the Drurry and Mcfaz sales and their wages would be reinvested in the squad. I just don't see the players we have signed subsequently account for the half million plus there wages and transfer fees freed up.

For once in a long time I agree with you here. I remember MD giving that interview. I would love to know what he really meant as I can't recall any signings that would remotely account for their fees and wages.
Phil B
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 51

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley Dan wrote:
David R wrote:

We are tinpot, and if they are saying 'too small for league one' then they are only telling the truth. There are plenty of things to back that up. For a start, worst away support in league 1 last season, fifth worst (i think) in the whole football league. Home crowds of about 2800, for league one, is embarrassing.

Embarassing ? Not really. The seasons Home attendances continue to rise (albeit slowly) and hopefully will continue to.

The constant digs about it are though .... Rolling Eyes
lee 66
Coach
Coach

Topics: 104

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley Dan wrote:
David R wrote:

Come on Dan behave.We certainly deserve our league one status,if we didnt we would be a league Two club this season.We know our fan base is small and not likely to grow much,but so what,just because we take a handful of fans away doesn't mean we start the match a goal down does it.
We will always be non league to many other fans,it's an image that has stuck and will probably be with us even if we remain a league club for the next 10 years,but again , so what,we have got here and deserve to be here no matter what other fans think about it.We don't help ourselves most of the time with the tin pot status.For example,we all got excited about the new East stand only to see a giant flapy gazebo pop up.Its tinpotastic that is,tinpot at its finest.We have all got used to it now and the East stand is fondly known as the gazebo.We have accepted our tinpotness and got on with it.
We had a tinpot pithch last season,but this season the pitch looks fantastic and is certainly worthy of league One football.I will judge our league One credentials on our team and not the 100 or so fans that travel to away or the 3000 home fans that turn up when they do.So if we finish 5 th from bottom this season then we were certainly not "to small for league one"

Last edited by lee 66 on Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alun
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 13

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David R wrote:
There's a thread on the football league forum 'More than just a game' that has turned from talking about preseason friendlies to some nasty anti CTFC bashing, too small for league one etc. I really thought all that had finished.

It's exactly those attitudes that will make it that much sweeter if we're able to stick 2 fingers up at them at the end of the season by staying up again.

Nothing better for pulling the team and fans together for a common goal than rivals writing you off or questioning your right to share a patch of grass with them.

JG's team talk for 9th August has been written for him.
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As would quite a few supporters, I reckon we have 14 players on league football wages probably between 60,000 - 120,000. Simpson and Walsh may be the exception if they are on old contracts,and get paid more.

Young, Oconnor,Bawling and the two accademy players will be on contracts of significantly less as they are just looking for a chance to play any where.

If you do the Maths you can see we always planned to get rid of Mcfaz and Drurry.

Dunford also said in a interview the Hong Kong Investor had put 750k in for this season buts again it isn't back ed up with the players we sign or JG stated claim he has only enough money left for one more established player.
Crawley Dan
Coach
Coach

Topics: 179

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lee 66 wrote:
Crawley Dan wrote:
David R wrote:

Come on Dan behave.We certainly deserve our league one status

Never said we didn't, I simply was stating facts. We are the smallest club in the league, and that will continue to be the case for some time IMO. I don't care what others think about us, I was simply saying that we are IMO too small for this league. If we were the size of most of the teams in this league, we would think we are too small. However I am more than happy to see us over achieve season after season if it means staying in this league, as it's a great league to be a part of.
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
As would quite a few supporters, I reckon we have 14 players on league football wages probably between 60,000 - 120,000. Simpson and Walsh may be the exception if they are on old contracts,and get paid more.

Young, Oconnor,Bawling and the two accademy players will be on contracts of significantly less as they are just looking for a chance to play any where.

If you do the Maths you can see we always planned to get rid of Mcfaz and Drurry.

Dunford also said in a interview the Hong Kong Investor had put 750k in for this season buts again it isn't back ed up with the players we sign or JG stated claim he has only enough money left for one more established player.

I'm sure you just pull these figures out of your @rse and hope no-one notices you're guessing.
As for Dunford, he's CEO of Crawley Town, so I will take anything he says with a pinch of salt. As I did for the last two. All three of them made being economical with the truth an art form.
David R
First Team
First Team

Topics: 33

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just dont equate being a small club to being 'Tinpot', not even sure what 'Tinpot' means.
ant
Coach
Coach

Topics: 24

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:

For once in a long time I agree with you here. I remember MD giving that interview. I would love to know what he really meant as I can't recall any signings that would remotely account for their fees and wages.

You might not be able to see it being invested but I think too many people just have no idea how much things cost to put on, be it players wages, the training ground costs or the size of players wages

Let's just look at their transfer fees, that probably gives us about 5k a week more. Plus the two players wages which were admittedly high. But investing in new players is expensive, whatever the level of their wages. Maybe just maybe we have players on lower wages but high win bonuses (we have certainly had that in the past) therefore we need to keep that money up our sleeves for the many victories we hope to get this coming season
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: