CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Fulham friendly
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David R
First Team
First Team

Topics: 33

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I saw today, I think we will be ok, defended too deep in the first half, the Fulham goals were good, Jenson made a couple of top notch saves. A good turn out for a PSF. Felt a bit sorry for the fans in the Gazebo stand, who were in full sunlight. It was hot.
lee 66
Coach
Coach

Topics: 104

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did the pitch look and perform.?
pedlar
First Team
First Team

Topics: 206

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lee 66 wrote:
How did the pitch look and perform.?

Pitch looks good and didn't cut up.
Ashdown Red
First Team
First Team

Topics: 31

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pitch looked good. I think Jenson will become a fans favourite, there was more shouting coming from him than all the Crawley fans.
Defence could be better organised although early days. I thought Dean Leacock looked good at the back, good in the air.
Collins John was applauded by the Fulham fans when he came on. His first touch nearly led to a goal but he did not look fit enough.
roll on the Brighton match, or should i say roll over Brighton.
jules59
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Josh was by far our best player today,Brian Jensen will be a great signing for us.He looked commanding,two top saves.
I would like to see more of Bobson Bawling,thought he looked a good player.
Feeling strange with so many new faces on the park,must say the pitch looked great and as mentioned did not cut up.
Sons FC
Trainee
Trainee

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was entertaining enough for a pre-season friendly. The fact that Fulham were clearly a class above us and we (reasonably comfortably) held them to two goals augers well for the new season.

I also thought there were some good performances today from the numbers 9, 14, 15 and the lad who nearly scored with his first touch. It was refreshing not anticipating a car crash every time the ball was with our back four and a relief to have a goalkeeper who can hit a moving ball.

Luckily we are not playing teams of Fulham's calibre every week and, the right handside of defence in the first half apart, if we play like that for the rest of the season I think we will do well.
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've bumped in to a couple of old workmates this evening who both went to the game.
They both said it was men against boys at times,which if true is a bit of a worry.
A lack of bite in midfield was suggested.Any thoughts??
Ashdown Red
First Team
First Team

Topics: 31

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armchairfan wrote:
I've bumped in to a couple of old workmates this evening who both went to the game.
They both said it was men against boys at times,which if true is a bit of a worry.

Midway through the first half we looked as though we were going to be completely overrun . We could certainly do with a battling midfielder in the style of Dannie Bulman. JimmySmith looked ok.
Remember it was very hot and Fulham held the ball well as is to be expected.
Early days but was a promising start.
David R
First Team
First Team

Topics: 33

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could tell it was a premier/championship club against a L1 club, but we we're not embarrassed.
Sulton111
First Team
First Team

Topics: 30

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
Lewis Young struggled big time today and left his right back very exposed a number of times.

Simpson was head and shoulder the best player for us.....which is great but also a worry. Smith looks decent. Henderson was hit and miss took some great corners but some sloppy passing and gave the ball away to often.

The Canadian looked quite good in his spell.

Said it before but we need another quality experienced midfielder. To inexperienced at this level.

yes young was poor but i feel Leacock could have done more to help out Lanre advice or move across to give him a better chance

Henderson has shown that he will be a real assist and my MOM 2 great saves from Jenssen a real top class keeper

the number 20 looked pretty good but O'Connor was running around like a headless chicken when he came on

all in all a good work out for our boys against a team that has already played 4 games against Scottish opposition including Kilmarnock and Glasgow Rangers
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashdown Red wrote:
Armchairfan wrote:

Midway through the first half we looked as though we were going to be completely overrun . We could certainly do with a battling midfielder in the style of Dannie Bulman. JimmySmith looked ok.
Remember it was very hot and Fulham held the ball well as is to be expected.
Early days but was a promising start.

Cheers for that Ashdown.Not as bad as they suggested then!!Possibly a case of disappointment!!
Not so long ago we were getting run ragged by this type of oppositions u-18's!
Looking forward to seeing Jimmy Smith play personally.
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Smith will be decent enough and Simpson is ok at League one level and Henderson and Edwards are obviously talented but as a four in midfield which is effectively the midfield we have it lacks a lot of nous. There will be a lot of mistakes as they learn and I also think it lacks physicality.

We know Simpson works hard but he is by no means a strong midfielder, Henderson likes to have the ball but has net shown he is a ball winner. ,aybe we will have to use Leacock in the middle with the options we have.
Astral Voyager
Coach
Coach

Topics: 111

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo8gCrh9g54
ant
Coach
Coach

Topics: 24

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leacock and Walsh with Jensen behind them looked as though they will have enough to keep out plenty of defences.

Edwards looked a threat and Simpson looked like the player to play it wide or drive doiwn the middle.

We did look like we lacked a Dannie Bulman - someone to do the scruffy satisfying work.

Up front we still looked like we might need too many chances to score but hoping the other two friendlies have helped prove that was a bit of a blip.

All in all - steady progress. And fair play to the Fulham fans who turned out - really good numbers for a pre-season friendly
Crawley Dan
Coach
Coach

Topics: 179

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sat in the west stand yesterday, always do for the friendlies. You get such a different view of the game to standing behind the goal.

Thought in general we were below average. We started off OK but never really got a hold of the game and were getting over run in midfield and down our right hand side, due to Lewis Young not tracking back, which led to their goals - both coming from that side. Positives for me - Jensen looks a solid signing. Was a bit worried when we signed him due to his age but he was very commanding and made some decent stops, got down well and wasn't afraid to open his mouth, unlike our previous GK! Our midfield 3 of Henderson, Smith and Simpson did OK - Josh played just in front of the other 2 but looked a little out of place, think he would be best suited in central midfield, not attacking midfield. Also thought Dickson worked hard, he looks to me a good replacement for Sadler.

For our first real test of Pre-Season we struggled, but maybe that was to be expected. Hopefully on Wednesday we will give Brighton a better game.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: