CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |


Oakwood friendly
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Astral Voyager
Coach
Coach


Joined: 07 Feb 2012
Last Visit: 25 May 2015
Posts: 1834
Topics: 111

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorthgateRed wrote:
Armchairfan wrote:
chrism wrote:
Astral Voyager wrote:
Remember drawing 3 3 with them at Town Meadow

then beat em 8 0 in a replay....at Town Meadow.


Where is Town Meadow?

Head for TGI Friday,Pizza Hut,a bowling alley and cinema,and a revolting "Italian" "restaurant",and you will be at Town Meadow.
As a long time fan you really should know! Wink

What's wrong with Bella Italia?


I once cheffed there that's what, all downhill from there on in.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chrism
Subs bench
Subs bench


Joined: 20 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 02 Jun 2017
Posts: 550
Topics: 58

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Astral Voyager wrote:
chrism wrote:
Astral Voyager wrote:
Remember drawing 3 3 with them at Town Meadow

then beat em 8 0 in a replay....at Town Meadow.


Where is Town Meadow?


Morning Christopher (sorry i like using the full name)

http://www.ctfchistory.co.uk/biography.htm

Have a read of that chap


Profuse apologies!!! I have only supported Crawley since 1961 and from that time it was only ever known as Town Mead. I dare say you older supporters remember it being called Town Meadow.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hamilton Hamster
Subs bench
Subs bench


Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Last Visit: 30 Jul 2014
Posts: 599
Topics: 34

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know why Gwion Edwards did not play last night, is he injured ??
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
James
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 22 Aug 2017
Posts: 4779
Topics: 300

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hamilton Hamster wrote:
Does anyone know why Gwion Edwards did not play last night, is he injured ??


On his way to AFC Sanctimonious to join Tubbs and Bulman.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hamilton Hamster
Subs bench
Subs bench


Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Last Visit: 30 Jul 2014
Posts: 599
Topics: 34

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

James wrote:
Hamilton Hamster wrote:
Does anyone know why Gwion Edwards did not play last night, is he injured ??


On his way to AFC Sanctimonious to join Tubbs and Bulman.


I take it you are kidding
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football


Joined: 18 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 26 May 2017
Posts: 16179
Topics: 639

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hamilton Hamster wrote:
James wrote:
Hamilton Hamster wrote:
Does anyone know why Gwion Edwards did not play last night, is he injured ??


On his way to AFC Sanctimonious to join Tubbs and Bulman.


I take it you are kidding

Course he is.... he'd never join AFC Revisionists.... he's really on his way to Rotherham..!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 13 Jan 2011
Last Visit: 28 May 2017
Posts: 5545
Topics: 70
Location: BW Stand

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armchairfan wrote:
NorthgateRed wrote:
Armchairfan wrote:
chrism wrote:
Astral Voyager wrote:
Remember drawing 3 3 with them at Town Meadow

then beat em 8 0 in a replay....at Town Meadow.


Where is Town Meadow?

Head for TGI Friday,Pizza Hut,a bowling alley and cinema,and a revolting "Italian" "restaurant",and you will be at Town Meadow.
As a long time fan you really should know! Wink

What's wrong with Bella Italia?

What's right with it Northgate??
Positively dreadful dining experience.
The food is pre cooked and heated,a bit like McDonalds.
I had you down as being slightly more tasteful!

Oh come on, what's wrong with a good old bit of puke
It's not Prezzo i'll give you that. Though I like that place not so much for the food as the people who serve it to you Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Astral Voyager
Coach
Coach


Joined: 07 Feb 2012
Last Visit: 25 May 2015
Posts: 1834
Topics: 111

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrism wrote:
Astral Voyager wrote:
chrism wrote:
Astral Voyager wrote:
Remember drawing 3 3 with them at Town Meadow

then beat em 8 0 in a replay....at Town Meadow.


Where is Town Meadow?


Morning Christopher (sorry i like using the full name)

http://www.ctfchistory.co.uk/biography.htm

Have a read of that chap


Profuse apologies!!! I have only supported Crawley since 1961 and from that time it was only ever known as Town Mead. I dare say you older supporters remember it being called Town Meadow.


It was Town Meadow to suit the 'where were you at Town Meadow' (aimed at angry raucous home fans) song when we took a large following away Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mickf
Coach
Coach


Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Last Visit: 14 Dec 2014
Posts: 3026
Topics: 49
Location: Southgate

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always knew it as Town Meadow but that may have just reflected the state of the pitch! But even a home programme of 1963/4 (1st SL season) has the ground named as Town Meadow on the cover.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Graeme
Coach
Coach


Joined: 21 Mar 2011
Last Visit: 10 Feb 2018
Posts: 2197
Topics: 68
Location: Norwich

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to spoil the 'town Mead' banter.
But could anyone give an update on how the trialists all performed last night. How about this young Canadian ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mickf
Coach
Coach


Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Last Visit: 14 Dec 2014
Posts: 3026
Topics: 49
Location: Southgate

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graeme wrote:
I hate to spoil the 'town Mead' banter.
But could anyone give an update on how the trialists all performed last night. How about this young Canadian ?

If I got him identified correctly he looked ok/lively playing out on the right, as did Bobson Bawling who I think took over from him. Whether either are up to Lge 1 not sure, need to see against stronger opposition. Didnt think Heslop offered us much, would rather try somebody with potential to improve.
Marsden looked as though he was trying too hard when he got in a goalscoring position, whereas a few years ago when he was knocking in the goals for fun it probably came so easily to him.
Not sure if Noble has been ditched, was looking forward to seeing if he was any good. Nice to see Connor Essam getting an outing and looked very fit, as did all of our regulars (well him, Walsh and Simpson that is).
Collins John didnt look particularly fit!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Graeme
Coach
Coach


Joined: 21 Mar 2011
Last Visit: 10 Feb 2018
Posts: 2197
Topics: 68
Location: Norwich

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mickf wrote:
Graeme wrote:
I hate to spoil the 'town Mead' banter.
But could anyone give an update on how the trialists all performed last night. How about this young Canadian ?

If I got him identified correctly he looked ok/lively playing out on the right, as did Bobson Bawling who I think took over from him. Whether either are up to Lge 1 not sure, need to see against stronger opposition. Didnt think Heslop offered us much, would rather try somebody with potential to improve.
Marsden looked as though he was trying too hard when he got in a goalscoring position, whereas a few years ago when he was knocking in the goals for fun it probably came so easily to him.
Not sure if Noble has been ditched, was looking forward to seeing if he was any good. Nice to see Connor Essam getting an outing and looked very fit, as did all of our regulars (well him, Walsh and Simpson that is).
Collins John didnt look particularly fit!


I hope the Canadian lad plays on Saturday although I am not sure any of these friendlies actually prove much. But at least Fulham should be technically better and physically fitter.
Good news about Essam again hopefully he will play on Saturday against better opposition. He has looked ok everytime I have seen him play but he has had very few opportunities.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TownMeadLeftover
First Team
First Team


Joined: 24 Jul 2012
Last Visit: 08 May 2018
Posts: 855
Topics: 17
Location: South Devon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mickf wrote:
Always knew it as Town Meadow but that may have just reflected the state of the pitch! But even a home programme of 1963/4 (1st SL season) has the ground named as Town Meadow on the cover.


I always thought the same in the 60s/70s that the ground was often called Town Meadow because of its condition, although West Green Beach would have been more apt in the winter, it does make me wonder though if I should change to TownMead(ow)Leftover ......

Good luck to Conan Yesmaam, I reckon he deserves the chance to show if he has it in him to make the grade
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 13 Jan 2011
Last Visit: 28 May 2017
Posts: 5545
Topics: 70
Location: BW Stand

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TownMeadLeftover wrote:
mickf wrote:
Always knew it as Town Meadow but that may have just reflected the state of the pitch! But even a home programme of 1963/4 (1st SL season) has the ground named as Town Meadow on the cover.


I always thought the same in the 60s/70s that the ground was often called Town Meadow because of its condition, although West Green Beach would have been more apt in the winter, it does make me wonder though if I should change to TownMead(ow)Leftover ......

Good luck to Conan Yesmaam, I reckon he deserves the chance to show if he has it in him to make the grade

Konnah Eszman is going to be our star player this season. Him and Iszalle Macklowd.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bridgesboy79
Coach
Coach


Joined: 15 Dec 2007
Last Visit: 22 May 2017
Posts: 1620
Topics: 50

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorthgateRed wrote:
TownMeadLeftover wrote:
mickf wrote:
Always knew it as Town Meadow but that may have just reflected the state of the pitch! But even a home programme of 1963/4 (1st SL season) has the ground named as Town Meadow on the cover.


I always thought the same in the 60s/70s that the ground was often called Town Meadow because of its condition, although West Green Beach would have been more apt in the winter, it does make me wonder though if I should change to TownMead(ow)Leftover ......

Good luck to Conan Yesmaam, I reckon he deserves the chance to show if he has it in him to make the grade

Konnah Eszman is going to be our star player this season. Him and Iszalle Macklowd.


This sounds like the Policeman from 'Allo Allo' Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum






This forum is run independently from and has no connection with the Crawley Town Football Club official site
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group :: Spelling by SpellingCow.


  Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit