CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

New signing - Lewis Young
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

Topics: 59

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mickf wrote:
Jim Baker wrote:
All the blue wires.

Lewis is a midfielder, he will not have a record of scoring goals because if he was a midfielder with a record of scoring goals he wouldn't be at Crawley.

Who has said that one of the other trialists with a record of scoring goals is not going to sign. Who has said they will.

With have four players who can play wide, four full backs, three central defenders and three forwards (plus Isaacs and Richefonde). Personally I would like to see a young forward, a keeper, a defensive midfielder and a centre back sign up. Personally I would Like to win the lottery. It may happen.

Jim Baker

People always take the extreme position! I said about his goalscoring record, not that he hadnt scored many, but that he hadnt scored ANY!! Shocked
Somebody else commented that we are hardly a fashionable club, even so the latest hot thing from non league might still be tempted by League 1 football, rather than (possibly) as Young seeing it as the last chance saloon? He may do well he may not, but still allowed to comment on it surely? Confused

Of course you are allowed to comment on it Mick.

I just think that the thread welcoming him to Crawley is not the ideal location to pop up all the negative things about him.

I think we are looking light on experience overall and would like some proven higher level players but I was not going to say that here.

Jim
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Baker wrote:
I think we are looking light on experience overall and would like some proven higher level players but I was not going to say that here.

DISBELIEVER..... stone the heretic....! Surprised
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lee 66 wrote:
Managers live and die by the sword and John Gregory will be no different .If it goes badly for him we're no doubt see his head leaving the Broadfield stadium in a basket.

I bet that would stop the stewards searching people's bags.
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
Jim Baker wrote:

But he didn't say jehovah.
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

Topics: 59

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
Jim Baker wrote:

I'm not the messiah. I'm just a very naughty boy.

Jim Baker
mickf
Coach
Coach

Topics: 49

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Baker wrote:
mickf wrote:
Jim Baker wrote:
All the blue wires.

Lewis is a midfielder, he will not have a record of scoring goals because if he was a midfielder with a record of scoring goals he wouldn't be at Crawley.

Who has said that one of the other trialists with a record of scoring goals is not going to sign. Who has said they will.

With have four players who can play wide, four full backs, three central defenders and three forwards (plus Isaacs and Richefonde). Personally I would like to see a young forward, a keeper, a defensive midfielder and a centre back sign up. Personally I would Like to win the lottery. It may happen.

Jim Baker

People always take the extreme position! I said about his goalscoring record, not that he hadnt scored many, but that he hadnt scored ANY!! Shocked
Somebody else commented that we are hardly a fashionable club, even so the latest hot thing from non league might still be tempted by League 1 football, rather than (possibly) as Young seeing it as the last chance saloon? He may do well he may not, but still allowed to comment on it surely? Confused

Of course you are allowed to comment on it Mick.

I just think that the thread welcoming him to Crawley is not the ideal location to pop up all the negative things about him.

Jim

On the positive side I thought he looked good last night, lots of positive runs, setting up several chances but...........................!!
Sulton111
First Team
First Team

Topics: 30

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he is only on a 1 year deal meaning we can pretty much get shot in Jan if needed personally i think he will do ok but believe he will be backup rather than in thr 1st 11
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably worth the risk. He has top level pace which will create stuff at this level. Don't know enough about him to say why it hasn't worked out.

You can't tell anything from these games because he can fasten his shoe laces quicker than the opposition we've played could run. Suspect he may struggle with the physical side of the game...along with one or two other fellas we've signed.

Either way if he can harness his talent and has a cross he could come good.
bridgesboy79
Coach
Coach

Topics: 50

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
Probably worth the risk. He has top level pace which will create stuff at this level. Don't know enough about him to say why it hasn't worked out.

You can't tell anything from these games because he can fasten his shoe laces quicker than the opposition we've played could run. Suspect he may struggle with the physical side of the game...along with one or two other fellas we've signed.

Either way if he can harness his talent and has a cross he could come good.

Don't think it is much of a risk as he is only on a 1 year contract. As others have said, he may not be a regular starter.
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe he will surprise us.

Remember last season JG had Gwion Edwards sat on the bench for weeks before actually giving him a game. When he did he made an impressive impact.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: