CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

New signing - Lewis Young
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Earwig wrote:
Sorry folks but he's rubbish.

But he will be playing League One football next season,which is nice.
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imagine Edwards and Young will be our wide options with Tomlin as back up.

Think we need a quality player in the middle to replace Drurry. JG said he wanted to build a team around him so presume he recognises there is a big gap to fill. Hopefully we have some money from the sales left to get some experience in there.
TownMeadLeftover
First Team
First Team

Topics: 17

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
Think we need a quality player in the middle to replace Drurry.

We've got Yooung now, along with Smmith,, Simppson, Eddwards and Hendersson, seems a good basis for now

Rolling Eyes
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you look at how many league games Edwards,Henderson and Young have started we have to bring in a couple of quality / experienced players. As young and talented as they may be the midfield we have at the moment will be destroyed in league one over a season and I would suggest would struggle to be competitive in the top half of league two. Smith has done it at this level as has Simpson but in terms of delivering consistently over a season in league one, or two to be fair, that's it. We have a reasonable mix of talent and experience at the back and up front. If we have two more outfield players to sign they have to be established midfielders at this level. Not Heslop mind we need better than him.

I appreciate at this stage it's pointless looking back but it's not even close to comparable to last years in experience or quality Adams, Jones, Bulman , Drurry and Simpson (who was probably the last of that bunch) is now our main man.
Phil B
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 51

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
When you look at how many league games Edwards,Henderson and Young have started we have to bring in a couple of quality / experienced players. As young and talented as they may be the midfield we have at the moment will be destroyed in league one over a season and I would suggest would struggle to be competitive in the top half of league two. Smith has done it at this level as has Simpson but in terms of delivering consistently over a season in league one, or two to be fair, that's it. We have a reasonable mix of talent and experience at the back and up front. If we have two more outfield players to sign they have to be established midfielders at this level. Not Heslop mind we need better than him.

I appreciate at this stage it's pointless looking back but it's not even close to comparable to last years in experience or quality Adams, Jones, Bulman , Drurry and Simpson (who was probably the last of that bunch) is now our main man.

It is difficult to compare - until the season starts. Then see how the players do .

At least allow them a chance before you write them all off ..... Confused
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

Topics: 59

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Lewis. I, along with all Crawley fans, hope you have a long, prosperous and successful stay at Crawley.

The bloke with the last name of Gregory is the one you must impress but I'm hoping to be impressed and excited by what you do on the playing field.

Good luck.

Jim Baker
mickf
Coach
Coach

Topics: 49

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe JG panicked a bit after losing out on Evina through delaying? He didnt seem to impress last season with Aldershot and from wikipedia has never scored a goal??!!
Personally (which means nothing I know) would prefer to give a years gamble to one of the youngsters who at least has a history of scoring some goals at reserve/junior level (Noble or Marsden).
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has pace but as you say hasn't come close to establishing himself at a lot of clubs below our league. We have signed quite a few untested or fringe players some will come off and some will struggle, just with a squad our size we can't carry to many players who are not performing.
Phil B
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 51

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, although some may doubt his choices, CTFC chose JG and it's only JG makes those decisions. I dare say that if they don't come off then he will pay the price.

Why Crawley 69 thinks they are all wrong ones, I do not know ?
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never said they were all wrong signings, think Smith is a good signing. Henderson and Edwards are decent signings with potential. McLeod is here because he was poor last year but if he can find form and apply's himself he will get some goals for us.

I do think Bradly for Mcfazdean weakens the team considerably, I think if Tomlin and Harrold do better than Tubbs and Proctor we will be very lucky.

Think our right and left back will be fine at this level and the fella from York may do very well.

All I said is we will defiantly need a couple of quality experienced players at this level to stay up. Filling the remainder of the spots in our squad with unproven players or fringe players and we will struggle a lot.
Graeme
Coach
Coach

Topics: 68

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am suprised at all the negativity.
I reckon Young gives us another option in attack and although he may be a risk I think it one worth taking. The worrying bit is at his other clubs he seems to have done well initially then dropped off, thats sounds like a management/motivational issue, if JG can overcome that we may have a very decent player.

Other than that with Edwards on one wing and Young on the other wing and the full backs overlapping we should be able to supply Mcleod and Harrold. I must admit I am now feeling quite positive about next season.
bridgesboy79
Coach
Coach

Topics: 50

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John The Gas wrote:
What's happening on the Dean Cox front?

Could the deal have fallen through and the other option was Young?

JTG

I wouldn't be surprised if it was between Edwards or Cox for a place and that we were never going to get both. Leyton Orient have recently had a take over by a very wealthy Italian and have quite a bit of cash to splash. As a result, I don't think Cox will go anywhere.
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's so hard to know how things will be but I reckon we will be seeing more goals at both ends. I would feel more comfortable with a couple of older heads in the squad.
After all, you don't win anything with kids Smile
bridgesboy79
Coach
Coach

Topics: 50

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
Never said they were all wrong signings, think Smith is a good signing. Henderson and Edwards are decent signings with potential. McLeod is here because he was poor last year but if he can find form and apply's himself he will get some goals for us.

I do think Bradly for Mcfazdean weakens the team considerably, I think if Tomlin and Harrold do better than Tubbs and Proctor we will be very lucky.

Think our right and left back will be fine at this level and the fella from York may do very well.

All I said is we will defiantly need a couple of quality experienced players at this level to stay up. Filling the remainder of the spots in our squad with unproven players or fringe players and we will struggle a lot.

Then again, one of the jobs of a manager is to improve the players he has. Evans did so with Fadz and Barnett, as did Barker with Akpan and Billy Clarke. Perhaps Gregory can do the same with some of these so-called "unproven" players?
yelsis
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 138

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulc222 wrote:

After all, you don't win anything with kids Smile

The "Busby Babes" were a very good team
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: