CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Izale McLeod joins Reds
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phil T
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 102

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
mickf wrote:
thad wrote:
Jim Baker wrote:
Something tells me you will not like the name Izzy so we had better find a better one.

Izale eh.... how about "Bronco"...? Wink

A bit harsh? Rolling Eyes

I'll say... most people of our generation still have the paper-cuts silent

But great for tracing maps for geography homework Wink
josefk
First Team
First Team

Topics: 15

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary M wrote:
josefk wrote:
NorthgateRed wrote:
James wrote:
Some will label him a cheat (see Crawley v Portsmouth footage); Josh Simpson, for one.

Let it go. It's in the past... I'm sure Josh will.

Can't beat football fans, as straight and upright as bananas. He either cheated or he didn't and if he did Then some are happy to sign a cheat.

Personally I thought he was a cheat and the signing just means we have a cheat. Depends on how you view the game I suppose.

Hypothetically if we signed Christian Ronaldo, would you say "just means we signed a cheat" or would you have different view of the game then? I'm just happy that we have signed a proven goal scorer.

Simple question, simple answer. I'm not a hypocrite. My views, my standards whether palatable to others don't get traded as and when it suits. Can make life uncomfortable for some but I'm happy.
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

josefk wrote:
NorthgateRed wrote:
James wrote:
Some will label him a cheat (see Crawley v Portsmouth footage); Josh Simpson, for one.

Can't beat football fans, as straight and upright as bananas. He either cheated or he didn't and if he did Then some are happy to sign a cheat.

Personally I thought he was a cheat and the signing just means we have a cheat. Depends on how you view the game I suppose.

You are getting boring mate. Don't seem to like anything anymore, least of all Crawley Town. Some of us still support them though. Others keep finding excuses not to.
josefk
First Team
First Team

Topics: 15

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorthgateRed wrote:
josefk wrote:
NorthgateRed wrote:
James wrote:

You are getting boring mate. Don't seem to like anything anymore, least of all Crawley Town. Some of us still support them though. Others keep finding excuses not to.

Sorry if it offends you. I've paid for a season ticket so not sure how that's lack of support, what a weird view. Just pointing out, if you're happy great. As for the not liking anything I did admit that a few posts back about life at the moment, not exactly a fresh point.
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

josefk wrote:
NorthgateRed wrote:
James wrote:

Sadly most football players engage in cheating. Going down in the box, diving theatrically etc.

If we only signed players who had never cheated it would be a very thin squad. Doesn't make it right but that's the way it is.
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally a surprise signing, clearly a talented player who has good and bad spells ....probably underachieved relative to his overall ability.

The one thing that encourages me about this signing is that JG knows him of old. I have no doubt Gregory is creating a team and I suspect it may be more industrial than the last two seasons teams. functional , direct and aggressive will probably the words that describe the team we are assembling.

Jones ,Adams, Clarke and most probably Drury aren't the type to fit it won't be a passing game.

We have a back four , We have two forwards but it's the midfield that is going to be intreugingi Drury will be leaving Crawley that is becoming clear, disappointingly. Simpson ? But I think we probably have three midfielders to sign which will be interesting.
Wodin
First Team
First Team

Topics: 53

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ignoring the midfielders signed then
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smith has signed. Druury will be gone before the season starts I reckon ...I hope not but Luton want him and will give him a two year contract on his door step. Simpson will probably stay but he is clearly looking around thinking what the ....judging by his interview not even sure he will make the first eleven in the wash up.

So we probably have two that will be hear next year (smith and simpson) max hence another three required It's going to be interesting to see what sort of midfielder we sign JG probably wants pace out wide but the middle players will be prosaic types I suspect.
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

Topics: 59

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Smith has signed. Drury will be gone before the season starts I reckon ...I hope not but Luton want him and will give him a two year contract on his door step.

One problem with this is that he lives in kent and when he played for Luton he was commuting from his home through the Dartford tunnel. If that's on his door step I'm missing something.

That said, I have no idea whether Drury will be here next season or not but please don't imagine extra reasons when the one that goes kaching in the bank account is enough for nearly all footballers.

As for Bronco/Sam (Please be Sam) cheating. Define cheating in football and I'll listen to your argument.

Every foul is cheating. Every simulation of a foul is cheating. Every time a defender wrestles a player at a free kick is cheating. Every time a player reacts and smacks the git in the chops is cheating. .... Warranted maybe, but still cheating. Tell me how deliberately pulling down a player when he is through on goal is not cheating, and therefore we shoud never sign that player, and I'll listen to the argument. Tell me how we will ever win a game again with only players who never cheat (in those terms) and I'll listen and if you can convince me I'll even publically admit my error. Until then I will sick with my own opinion that it is always a matter of degree of cheating that matters.

Don't be too blatant and accept your punishment when caught.

Jim Baker

Last edited by Jim Baker on Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Point is the same. Drury will know he isn't getting a new contract on current terms from us , given all his team mates have been shipped out. At his age he will jump at two years security and Luton will offer that ...he is a dam good player.

Relatively speaking any team in or around the M25 is local to players at our level. He will leave for 50k shortly two much chatter from Luton to miss out.
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

Topics: 59

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
Point is the same. Drury will know he isn't getting a new contract on current terms from us , given all his team mates have been shipped out. At his age he will jump at two years security and Luton will offer that ...he is a dam good player.

Relatively speaking any team in or around the M25 is local to players at our level. He will leave for 50k shortly two much chatter from Luton to miss out.

Luton fans say they have offered 80k already but that's point scoring (1-0 to me) and I don't go in for that.

It is the amount of money Luton offer the player and us that will decide the issue. If the release fee is matched and they offer him a 25% reduction in wages and his travelling expenses go through the roof he ain't going. If the offer 10K under the release fee and double his wages it's bye bye Andy.

I doubt any decision on his future will be made yet as he got married about a week ago and may be otherwise engaged at the moment.

By the way this thread is about Izale (Sam) McCleod

Jim Baker
notso
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 208

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good signing on paper but like all forwards, he needs the right service from the rest of the team around him.

Only time will tell but I'm getting a little happier now.

Last edited by notso on Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total
mickf
Coach
Coach

Topics: 49

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Baker wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:

Luton fans say they have offered 80k already but that's point scoring (1-0 to me) and I don't go in for that.

It is the amount of money Luton offer the player and us that will decide the issue. If the release fee is matched and they offer him a 25% reduction in wages and his travelling expenses go through the roof he ain't going. If the offer 10K under the release fee and double his wages it's bye bye Andy.

I doubt any decision on his future will be made yet as he got married about a week ago and may be otherwise engaged at the moment.

By the way this thread is about Izale (Sam) McCleod

Jim Baker

He may be otherwise engaged at the mo, but you can bet they havent wasted time/effort in trying to sign him without quietly confirming with him that he is keen to go?
Mr.T.
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 13

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

josefk wrote:
NorthgateRed wrote:
josefk wrote:
NorthgateRed wrote:
James wrote:

Sorry if it offends you. I've paid for a season ticket so not sure how that's lack of support, what a weird view. Just pointing out, if you're happy great. As for the not liking anything I did admit that a few posts back about life at the moment, not exactly a fresh point.

Agree 100% with you Josef,no way will i stand and applaud someone having called them a cheating so and so but if others want to then they
open themselves up to being called a hypocrite,
I do remember one of the more seasoned and regular posters commenting on Mr. Deadman a few months back,by the same reckoning then he is totally forgiven then and will be well recieved if he returns to Ref a match here.Just saying like.......
lochislair
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 129

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
josefk wrote:
NorthgateRed wrote:
James wrote:

Sadly most football players engage in cheating. Going down in the box, diving theatrically etc.

If we only signed players who had never cheated it would be a very thin squad. Doesn't make it right but that's the way it is.

How many times did Tubbs throw himself down in the box like he'd been shot? Yet we loved him regardless, and it was more palatable because we were the beneficiaries. I don't ever recall anyone on here complaining when we won games with dubious free kicks and penalties.

Simon is right. As Bruce Hornsby would undoubtedly say, that's just the way it is.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: