CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Talisman and Leader

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:48 pm    Post subject: Talisman and Leader Reply with quote

Given we are going to be turning out with 11 new players , at least...next year who from those players signed is going to be the leader in the team, some one the fans can relate / connect with and give some some sence of a desire to win.

The position is an open vacency.....1- 0 down at home in August who do we get behind. We had Bully and Mcfazdean previously who always gave you the impression they could lift the team. Simpson will be captain and i do think he is a good player but can he really bring 11 strangers together and create a team spirit and connection with the fans.
David R
First Team
First Team

Topics: 33

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We get behind the team and the manager, and dont start booing and grumbling.
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teams usually function better with a "leader" who can get stuck in, bawl out his team mates and try to lead by example. My hunch is that Jimmy Smith will be the one with the new keeper joining in. Simpson and Drury are decent midfielders but not that sort of player.
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would expect us to sign an experienced talent outfield player who can lead the team before the season starts.
The first two months are going to be extremely challenging for everyone's ones moral and we do need a leader the new team can get behind.

If we don't every time we go behind or face adversity in the first three months the new players will be looking at each other working out who takes control. Some one will eventually emerge over time but we can't afford to wait that long.

NB. Anyone see Josh Simpsons interview, some odd signals/ body language coming across ....any views.
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:

NB. Anyone see Josh Simpsons interview, some odd signals/ body language coming across ....any views.

Well he didn't sound particularly convincing but that could just as easily be attributed to him not being comfortable with interviews generally. Bear in mind that JG and MD are more used to media interviews than Josh. Also, he may be wondering how long he's got at the club himself. Not sure but I think he is now approaching the last season of his own contract and may be faced with decisions of his own in the coming year (or maybe weeks if an offer is made for him) - and with a growing family to support.
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with what you say. He certainly has done plenty of more positive and accomplished interviews. He seemed very uncomfortable or unhappy.....either way it was an interview he was reluctant to give ."..judging by his demeanour.

The thing that doesn't square the circle for me is all las season JG was effusive with the praise for our players. But in the cold light of day it transpires there was no loyalty from him to them or from them to him.

Drury wants out by the way.

One things certain you can only pull that stunt once ....and aka Josh.
Crawley Ben
Coach
Coach

Topics: 176

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
I agree with what you say. He certainly has done plenty of more positive and accomplished interviews. He seemed very uncomfortable or unhappy.....either way it was an interview he was reluctant to give ."..judging by his demeanour.

The thing that doesn't square the circle for me is all las season JG was effusive with the praise for our players. But in the cold light of day it transpires there was no loyalty from him to them or from them to him.

Drury wants out by the way.

One things certain you can only pull that stunt once ....and aka Josh.

Did Mr. Drury happen to tell you this himself or are you just spouting nonsense on the forum again? Laughing

Ben
TownMeadLeftover
First Team
First Team

Topics: 17

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should hope that JG was praising the players last season, what do you expect, he's going to start trashing them and reading out a list of players he no longer wants at Crawley before the season has even finished ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: