CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Kyle to MK Dons
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bridgesboy79
Coach
Coach

Topics: 50

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "Peterborough" model is the way forward IMHO. Sign up some young and promising non-league players who then prove themselves in League 1. They then get sold for a profit to a higher level. OK, we missed out on Lee Gregory but there are plenty of other fish in that sea.

As for us being skint, I seriously doubt that we would be offering players two-year contracts if that was the case. Clubs like ours need to sell players to survive - we're not unique in that respect!
ant
Coach
Coach

Topics: 24

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest I'd be more depressed if we lost Walsh. I'm quite glad Kyle has moved on. The salary he was on (good sources put the figures between 6 and 8.5k a week) meant he was a very expensive luxury that we could really ill-afford

And if we did get six figures for him that's an added bonus
Ashdown Red
First Team
First Team

Topics: 31

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to see Kyle move on but wish him well in the future.

Having watched MD video on the OS he explains well why Kyle was sold.

With an expected 16 to 17 new players next season i will definately be buying a programme for the first few matches.
Perhaps the club could issue a free team sheet withplayer biographies to all season ticket holders.

Exciting times, looking forward to watching how the new team develops.
oakie
First Team
First Team

Topics: 55

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MD in his video confirms all transfer funds received plus wage element of budget from KMc sale will be recycled into playing squad.

Also confirms that match day revenues and season tickets account for only 45% of total playing budget, rest is donated by our owners.
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of interviews...

Michael Dunford on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh590tR5UgU

Kyle McFadzean on MK Dons Player - http://www.player.mkdons.com/l.....et-started
guildford roader
First Team
First Team

Topics: 11

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakie wrote:
MD in his video confirms all transfer funds received plus wage element of budget from KMc sale will be recycled into playing squad.

Also confirms that match day revenues and season tickets account for only 45% of total playing budget, rest is donated by our owners.

Very reassuring interview from MD. Still a top half of table budget. Key will be putting money in to a goal scorer. Very optimistic that come august we will have a much stronger squad on paper than last season - it will then be exciting watching the team putting that strength on paper into practice. My season ticket is very safely stored away.
notso
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 208

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bridgesboy79 wrote:
The "Peterborough" model is the way forward IMHO.

Like the two youngsters signed by them a couple or so years ago from a certain club close to our hearts for a nice healthy sum (it was to us at the time.)

Both youngsters were let go a season or so later as they were clearly nowhere near the grade.

A nice bit of work done by Steve E at the time. Bet Posh really love him Laughing
James
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 300

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One question, a 6min answer. A good one though!
Mr Middle
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 14

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If all my favorite Crawley players still played for the club, some would be 50 some im sure some older!

fact the facts players come and go not just here but at every club.

What we have done in effect is yes lost a high earner and a great player, but think what we can now get, 2 or 3 players just as good, have a stronger squad. Evan if Walsh goes im sure there are defenders who are capable of doing the same job, and with any money from the transfer and again the reduced wage bill we can get another 2 or 3 players.

Its not all doom and gloom.
oakie
First Team
First Team

Topics: 55

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Completely agree Middle Man, fully expect Walsh as our most saleable asset to also depart rather than leave for nothing when his deal runs out, got to be of interest to Championship clubs, 1m?
mickf
Coach
Coach

Topics: 49

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakie wrote:
Completely agree Middle Man, fully expect Walsh as our most saleable asset to also depart rather than leave for nothing when his deal runs out, got to be of interest to Championship clubs, 1m?

Suspect as the best mate of Kyle and with all the other friends in the team gone it will make his decision easier? Question is who wants to stump up the money. He will be a huge loss to us I think, but he needs to progress and we need to find the next one.
But if he does stay, delighted!!
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
A couple of interviews...

Michael Dunford on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh590tR5UgU

Kyle McFadzean on MK Dons Player - http://www.player.mkdons.com/l.....et-started

I think Mr Dunford speaks a lot of sense.
Quite a reassuring interview in my book.Thank you Kyle and good luck for the rest of your career.Speaking of which,are we entitled to any sell on profits etc?
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakie wrote:

I was concerned that the owners might take back the transfer fee - as is their right because it's their money. However, it sounds like they would only have been ploughing it back in a bit later anyway. I think we would be in deep brown stuff without them.
josefk
First Team
First Team

Topics: 15

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know a few have said how exciting it all is having, with literally just a few exceptions, a completely new squad but just my personal view is that I was starting to feel a bit disenfranchised with things beforehand and pretty much all that there is now is a group of strangers, to me, playing under the CTFC banner. May excite some but I personally find it hard to get excited about people I have no clue about, I never get excited watching a team at the local park because the players mean nothing to me, the same goes for the team I will be watching for the first part of the season. Never got too wrapped up in all the tribal allegiance stuff so the what does it matter they're reds line don't cut too much ice personally.

It's not a negative post just a personal view. I've never been in this position before when the team I supported one season looked totally different the next, possibly a reason that it isn't the norm as a level of continuity helps. Could work wonders for our noise level as people can call out to each other "and who the */-* is number 5 again?" So maybe not all bad news.

Obviously something had to be done, hope it works out, nobody can say there was a lack of radical commitments and effort.
Savage
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:
We all signed up to season tickets on the retention of our four best players and the fact that contract s were offered to four other very good players.

Did we? I got mine so I could go and support the team every week like I have done for the last 29 and a half odd years.

You're a *beep* or a troll. Which one?

I agree 110 per cent with Ian - you put your hand in your pocket for the club not the player. Who cares where any player has gone? Life moves on and we support the club.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: