CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Kyle to MK Dons
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crawley Dan
Coach
Coach

Topics: 179

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakie wrote:
Obviously the fee will as always be "undisclosed" but what represents a decent figure?

I believe it was around 400k.
Graeme
Coach
Coach

Topics: 68

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still suprised Fadz didnt go to the championship but looks like Liverpool are paying a fortune for one of MKDONS kids so they obviously they have some cash to strengthen the side now.
Like Drury Fadz will have a release clause in his contract so if they reach it I suppose he will be off. As said it does give Gregory some money to work with now and it explains why we bought the portsmouth lad.
TownMeadLeftover
First Team
First Team

Topics: 17

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JG has dismantled a squad that managed to finish 14th in the league with a minus goal difference and got booted out of the cup at an early stage by an inferior club, gee whiz, what is he doing getting rid of such a group of world beating superstars ?, naughty JG, let's try to get RB back

Rolling Eyes
Mr.T.
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 13

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:
We have been conned because it's self evident that Dunsford and Gregory had a plan to sell / release the entire team from the get go at last seasons end.

What is self-evident is that they are trying to assemble the best team they can within the budget constraints that exist.

That means looking for value deals.. if you cut your budget it usually equates to a loss of quality but we don't know if that is the case yet until we have seen the current group settle down and play half-a-dozen matches...

We may all prefer that it was different - you may even feel let down or conned - but the economics are fairly plain to see by anyone of reasonable intelligence... it is about the realpolitik of working within the limitations that prevail.

At least we have an experienced wheeler-dealer with a football pedigree to guide us through it.

Andrew wrote:
It was only a few years back (pre you-know-what) when it took me until October each year to learn who all the bl00dy players were Shocked Embarassed

I was thinking the same, by our standards we have got a core squad together at a very early stage.... I expect it to be supplemented by a few loanees too... anyone would think that we have just shown a bunch of world-beaters the door marked exit....(?)

Stop talking sense,you know it upsets some folk on here.
Stuart of Shildon
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TownMeadLeftover wrote:
JG has dismantled a squad that managed to finish 14th in the league with a minus goal difference and got booted out of the cup at an early stage by an inferior club, gee whiz, what is he doing getting rid of such a group of world beating superstars ?, naughty JG, let's try to get RB back

Rolling Eyes
I would like to see RB back.
oakie
First Team
First Team

Topics: 55

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TownMeadLeftover wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Exactly, two seasons of solid mid-table respectability, no real prospect of pushing on to the playoffs and only requiring 1-2m of donations per year from our owners to achieve. So do you spend even more to bring in further highly paid employees with no guarantee of success or do you seek to assemble as competitive a squad as possible at a more sustainable cost base?
notso
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 208

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hithecrossbar wrote:
TownMeadLeftover wrote:

Rolling Eyes

It's alright for you, looking at your location you wouldn't be able to see the dross being played most weeks Rolling Eyes
Crawley Dan
Coach
Coach

Topics: 179

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

notso wrote:
Hithecrossbar wrote:
TownMeadLeftover wrote:

Rolling Eyes

It's alright for you, looking at your location you wouldn't be able to see the dross being played most weeks Rolling Eyes

That dross got us to 10th in League One couple seasons ago, not bad.
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hithecrossbar wrote:
TownMeadLeftover wrote:

Rolling Eyes

fishing
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
We have been conned because it's self evident that Dunsford and Gregory had a plan to sell / release the entire team from the get go at last seasons end.

We all signed up to season tickets on the retention of our four best players and the fact that contract s were offered to four other very good players.

Reality is this was a scortch and burn policy by Gregory and Dunsford from day one. We are signing speculators and journey men to replace quality. Sadler was offered a contract at a 60 percent reduction !

I want the team to do well but believe me having spent money to renew my ticket, with this deceit , I have no problem if I turn up nest season to see a pile of disorganised mediocre @@@@ in the first two or three games, I will be in the front line demanding heads role.

Can you demand a dictionary while you're at it?
Seriously, calm down. If you want to return your season ticket, or burn it in front of the dugout at our first home game, go ahead. Your support of the team seems dependent on so many factors, I have to question whether you really do support CTFC, or just use it as an excuse to have a *beep* moan all the time. I'm gutted at losing certain players, and alarmed at the amount of players leaving us but I understand the reasons.
I do wonder what terms we are offering to our new signings as they all seem really keen to join us? Were they on crappy wages at their last clubs, or were our players on inflated salaries? dontknow
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew wrote:
It was only a few years back (pre you-know-what) when it took me until October each year to learn who all the bl00dy players were Shocked Embarassed

It'll probably take that long again this season Very Happy Josh could be the last one here from last season's squad. I've heard of clearouts, but we've taken it to extremes. Hopefully JG will bring a couple of World Cup stars back with him from Brazil Razz
John The Gas
Coach
Coach

Topics: 85

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorthgateRed wrote:
Andrew wrote:

It'll probably take that long again this season Very Happy Josh could be the last one here from last season's squad. I've heard of clearouts, but we've taken it to extremes. Hopefully JG will bring a couple of World Cup stars back with him from Brazil Razz

They won't be English,hopefully😜

JTG
Crawley Ben
Coach
Coach

Topics: 176

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley Dan wrote:
oakie wrote:
Obviously the fee will as always be "undisclosed" but what represents a decent figure?

If the figure Dan has quoted is right, then I don't think it's too bad considering he had only 12 months left on his deal & could have left on a free. I wish Fadz well & hope the move works out for him. He's been an outstanding player for Crawley Town & owes the club & it's fans nothing at all. He's moved on & so should we. Let's all get behind JG & the boys for next season thumbleft

Ben
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley Dan wrote:
oakie wrote:

If we got 400k then the board were right to take it. Good stopper but to be brutally honest I don't think he is good enough for the Championship. His distribution isn't good enough and at that price we were right to cash in.

However he has been a fantastic servant for Crawley, a real part of our rise to L1 and I wish him every success.
redz75
Coach
Coach

Topics: 273

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Luck Kyle at MK- we got 4 years service and a healthy profit as well. Let's now move on to the next group of Town superstars that JG brings in and look to make profits on them.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: