CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Kyle to MK Dons
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Baker wrote:
Well, if he goes it doesn't seem like he has asked to move.

To quote the Obby story. 'I have only just this second got back from holiday I'm on my way back from the airport and haven't even spoken to my agent'. The reporter said they spoke at 6:40pm!

If it is true and if he didn't know anything about it it would smack of slavery. Buying and selling people without their knowledge. If it's true.

I doubt Kyle was expecting a call from a journo and did the classic "I don't know what you are taking about". It's not like we haven't heard it before.

Anyway, have a look at https://www.facebook.com/kyle.mcfadzean.5 and you'll see he says he's a 'Former Player at Crawley Town Fc'. Shocked
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
I do feel we have been conned. It is clear there is a plan to get rid of the entire team, they are taking us for mugs.

How have you been conned? You've been telling us at every opportunity Kyle, Joe, Andy etc. were being sold.

Now one of them has and suddenly there's outrage. Confused
oakie
First Team
First Team

Topics: 55

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously the fee will as always be "undisclosed" but what represents a decent figure?
pedlar
First Team
First Team

Topics: 206

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought he could of done better than MK Dons.
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pedlar wrote:

He already was doing better. MK Dons is a downward move.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pedlar wrote:

Maybe it was the sheer charisma of Richie Barker Rolling Eyes
Nick
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pedlar wrote:

The same can be said for a lot of the players who have left the club recently
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have been conned because it's self evident that Dunsford and Gregory had a plan to sell / release the entire team from the get go at last seasons end.

We all signed up to season tickets on the retention of our four best players and the fact that contract s were offered to four other very good players.

Reality is this was a scortch and burn policy by Gregory and Dunsford from day one. We are signing speculators and journey men to replace quality. Sadler was offered a contract at a 60 percent reduction !

I want the team to do well but believe me having spent money to renew my ticket, with this deceit , I have no problem if I turn up nest season to see a pile of disorganised mediocre @@@@ in the first two or three games, I will be in the front line demanding heads role.

Those two blokes will have a world of pressure on them.
Sulton111
First Team
First Team

Topics: 30

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
We have been conned because it's self evident that Dunsford and Gregory had a plan to sell / release the entire team from the get go at last seasons end.

We all signed up to season tickets on the retention of our four best players and the fact that contract s were offered to four other very good players.

Reality is this was a scortch and burn policy by Gregory and Dunsford from day one. We are signing speculators and journey men to replace quality. Sadler was offered a contract at a 60 percent reduction !

I want the team to do well but believe me having spent money to renew my ticket, with this deceit , I have no problem if I turn up nest season to see a pile of disorganised mediocre @@@@ in the first two or three games, I will be in the front line demanding heads role.

Those two blokes will have a world of pressure on them.

couldnt disagree more here

Sadler has moved to a championship team would you stay in L1 if you could take a pop at the championship regardless of salary?

M.Jones has gone back up North nearer his family and friends and to a lesser team IMHO
Bulman has dropped down a division
P.Jones has dropped down a division but to a bigger club

If Fadz goes we have cashed in on a valuable asset and as a small club that needs to sell players to survive then so be it

i would rather have a club to support no matter what league its in than try and chase the impossible dream and do a Gretna

Yes i will miss all those let go or that are sold but JG would not have signed on if he thought he couldn't improve on what we had and so far i think he has.

we must remember players come and go but TRUE supports will be here forever
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So to be clear you believe it was never the intention of Gregory and Dunsford to get rid of the entire team?

There is no way you can suggest the fodder we have signed is equal to last years players. It was a puzzle to me why Bully went to Wimbledon or why Tubbs followed him as opposed to takings a chance in a higher league.

Mate they knew we where we were heading.j
Sulton111
First Team
First Team

Topics: 30

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
So to be clear you believe it was never the intention of Gregory and Dunsford to get rid of the entire team?

There is no way you can suggest the fodder we have signed is equal to last years players. It was a puzzle to me why Bully went to Wimbledon or why Tubbs followed him as opposed to takings a chance in a higher league.

Mate they knew we where we were heading.j

No they offered deals to 4 players they believed may have stayed with greatly reduced terms - we already know this, we get around 3.5k each home game how can we support players on 3k a week or more the maths just don't add up

You must also remember that any club is a selling club if the money is right look at RVP, Balatelli or Robinho it happens all down the leagues

if the money is right then Drury, Walsh, Simpson, Fadz and/or Essam must go

Tubbs and Bully are very good mates so no surprise that they went to the same club i am sure they are on very good money as well

do you not think that JG would have kept most of the playing staff if we still had endless resources?

the sooner you get used to us being a selling club the better otherwise you will continually be disappointed i am afraid

Oh and that fodder as you call it lets take a look

Jimmy Smith was Stevenage stand out performer last year (player of the year i think) and has played at Orient not a bad player a good crosser of the ball and knows where the goal is.

Brian Jensen Bury's player of the year and has played Championship football - a very capable player and great shot stopper

Ryan Dickson from Colchester a very good player who has experience in this league more than capable of kicking on

Lanre Oyebanjo one of York City's best players last season a very good youngster who could go all the way to the top

Sonny Bradley played 34 times for pompey with 2 goals, he has played in big grounds and has a good football pedigree having come through the Hull youth ranks

Gavin Tomlin a seasoned pro at this level if unspectacular i am sure he will be our no.10 rather than the out and out no.9

so here we have it 2 players over 30 the rest young hungry players that want to play football the right way and all on the right wages for a club our size - seems like a win win saituation[/b]
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:

Did we? I got mine so I could go and support the team every week like I have done for the last 29 and a half odd years.

You're a *beep* or a troll. Which one?
Wodin
First Team
First Team

Topics: 53

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't agree more Ian...just read every post of 69. Was going to reply to him , but it's just another R,R, & R . Except it lacks the occasional humour
Andrew
First Team
First Team

Topics: 33

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was only a few years back (pre you-know-what) when it took me until October each year to learn who all the bl00dy players were Shocked Embarassed
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:

What is self-evident is that they are trying to assemble the best team they can within the budget constraints that exist.

That means looking for value deals.. if you cut your budget it usually equates to a loss of quality but we don't know if that is the case yet until we have seen the current group settle down and play half-a-dozen matches...

We may all prefer that it was different - you may even feel let down or conned - but the economics are fairly plain to see by anyone of reasonable intelligence... it is about the realpolitik of working within the limitations that prevail.

At least we have an experienced wheeler-dealer with a football pedigree to guide us through it.

Andrew wrote:
It was only a few years back (pre you-know-what) when it took me until October each year to learn who all the bl00dy players were Shocked Embarassed

I was thinking the same, by our standards we have got a core squad together at a very early stage.... I expect it to be supplemented by a few loanees too... anyone would think that we have just shown a bunch of world-beaters the door marked exit....(?)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: