CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Luton manager confirms approach for Drury
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:36 am    Post subject: Luton manager confirms approach for Drury Reply with quote

Let's see what happens now. Does Drury want to leave ? JG thinks not , but he thought Bulman and Sadler would stay.

It will be pretty dire if our most skilful midfielder last year opts to drop down a league rather than stay here. It's well publicised he wasn't happy at the entire team being released.

Seeing how this pans out will be very informative.
bridgesboy79
Coach
Coach

Topics: 50

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: Luton manager confirms approach for Drury Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
Let's see what happens now. Does Drury want to leave ? JG thinks not , but he thought Bulman and Sadler would stay.

It will be pretty dire if our most skilful midfielder last year opts to drop down a league rather than stay here. It's well publicised he wasn't happy at the entire team being released.

Seeing how this pans out will be very informative.

Difference is that he is under contract and will not be facing a pay cut this season. That in itself does not mean he is certain to stay - just thought I would point out that his situation is different.
Crawley Dan
Coach
Coach

Topics: 179

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: Luton manager confirms approach for Drury Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:

It will be pretty dire if our most skilful midfielder last year opts to drop down a league rather than stay here.

Can you blame him if he does? Look at us... Small budget, bad pitch, tinpot home support that would rather slag the team off than support them, and a laughable away support - 5th worst in the FL and the worst in league 1. Luton are a huge club, fantastic support and are on the up. I wouldn't blame him at all for dropping down.
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Luton manager confirms approach for Drury Reply with quote

Crawley Dan wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:

It will be pretty dire if our most skilful midfielder last year opts to drop down a league rather than stay here.

Can you blame him if he does? Look at us... Small budget, bad pitch, tinpot home support that would rather slag the team off than support them, and a laughable away support - 5th worst in the FL and the worst in league 1. Luton are a huge club, fantastic support and are on the up. I wouldn't blame him at all for dropping down.

At least the pitch has been sorted now..............
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Luton manager confirms approach for Drury Reply with quote

NorthgateRed wrote:
Crawley Dan wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:

At least the pitch has been sorted now..............

Well..............it looks greenish,which is a start. Smile
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think all our contracted players will move on,if a sensible offer for both parties comes in.
We may be glad to get the higher earners off the wage bill.
Also,JG himself stated a while back that he wanted every player in the squad on a similar wage.He didn't state at the time that it would be about fifty quid a week though,obviously.
John The Gas
Coach
Coach

Topics: 85

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Luton manager confirms approach for Drury Reply with quote

Crawley Dan wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:

Bloody hell young Daniel, you're beginning to take over from Dross as Mr Negatvity😉

JTG
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Luton manager confirms approach for Drury Reply with quote

John The Gas wrote:
Crawley Dan wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:

Bloody hell young Daniel, you're beginning to take over from Dross as Mr Negatvity��

JTG

He's spot on about our home support.

If I had no affinity to Crawley Town, I wouldn't want to play in front of us every other week.
Crawley Dan
Coach
Coach

Topics: 179

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Luton manager confirms approach for Drury Reply with quote

John The Gas wrote:
Crawley Dan wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:

Bloody hell young Daniel, you're beginning to take over from Dross as Mr Negatvity😉

JTG

I'm not being negative, everything I have said is true. The only thing you could argue is not true, is the pitch.. but we haven't seen it yet.
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every player is for sale all the time. If the money is right he will be on his way.

No different to any other club in that respect.
mickf
Coach
Coach

Topics: 49

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Luton manager confirms approach for Drury Reply with quote

Crawley Dan wrote:
John The Gas wrote:
Crawley Dan wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:

JTG

I'm not being negative, everything I have said is true. The only thing you could argue is not true, is the pitch.. but we haven't seen it yet.

But you are looking from the inside out so can focus on what we do wrong as if we are the worst at everything.
Criticizing our own team - nobody else does it (throughout the leagues there are clubs like Tottenham for instance who are hypercritical, even Newcastle who I have sat and watched while the fans moan on)??
Luton a huge club?? They are bigger than us, have a scruffy ground in a run down area and are a horrible bunch and have to be on the up from where they were.
We have the furthest away travel in our league and likely to be even more next season.
Just not sure why you keep on knocking us, almost as if you enjoy it?
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Luton manager confirms approach for Drury Reply with quote

mickf wrote:
Crawley Dan wrote:
John The Gas wrote:
Crawley Dan wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:

JTG

But you are looking from the inside out so can focus on what we do wrong as if we are the worst at everything.
Criticizing our own team - nobody else does it (throughout the leagues there are clubs like Tottenham for instance who are hypercritical, even Newcastle who I have sat and watched while the fans moan on)??
Luton a huge club?? They are bigger than us, have a scruffy ground in a run down area and are a horrible bunch and have to be on the up from where they were.
We have the furthest away travel in our league and likely to be even more next season.
Just not sure why you keep on knocking us, almost as if you enjoy it?

Crawley Town fans - if we are good at one thing, it's moaning. Certainly not tinpot in that respect. Very Happy
And you are spot on about Luton. The fans, the ground, the town..... puke
Graeme
Coach
Coach

Topics: 68

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its simple.
If Luton cough up our valuation and Drury agrees (my guess is he would want a good salary and a 2+ year contract to drop down a league,) then they will get their man. I am sure if offered the money Gregory will let him go. There is no point speculating (except its fun. Laughing )

I see the club has taken up its negociation stance:
http://www.crawleytownfc.com/n.....43609.aspx

If they want him I suspect they will need to dig deep. Laughing

Last edited by Graeme on Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Broadfield Dave
First Team
First Team

Topics: 5

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would I be awfully unpopular if I said I rather welcome this? I would think Drury's on a very hefty wage and would most certainly have been released if he didn't have another year left, and besides that, I thought he was fairly poor last season. No doubt he's got a lot of ability, but he didn't show it anywhere near enough for someone who I would think was one of our highest earners.

Obviously it's 'beggars can't be choosers' at this stage, but getting his wages off the books could allow us to bring in 2-3 younger hungrier players.
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drury is by far and away our most accomplished footballer in terms of technique , and passing. Letting him go would be a signifcant and frankly irreplaceable loss to Crawley.

We just wouldn't be able to attract the same quality as a replacement. If we are genuinely so skint sell one of the centre backs (a) we would get more money and it would be far easier to replace that position.

I am really beginning to wonder what the hell is going on down at the club if they let Drurry go. I just hope Dunford is true to his word.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: