CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Dannie Bulman Joins AFCW
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for Bully that he's found another club, he will excel there I'm sure. But AFC *beep* Kingston????!!!!! Twisted Evil
TownMeadLeftover
First Team
First Team

Topics: 17

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's not just about money, perhaps he was offered a longer term contract at Wimbledon which is a big factor for an older player like Bulman
Alex BH
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 54

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not worried at all. Last season we had an average team as reflected in our league position. It's not as if we've just won promotion with our best ever team and we're in the process of ripping that apart. The caliber of players that left can and will be replaced easily enough.

Of the players that have left... Paul Jones has gone down a level to Portsmouth, Mike Jones has made a sideways move to Oldham and Bulman has gone down a level to Portsmouth. Recently I can't think of any of our players in the last few seasons that have gone onto better things. During last season James Hurst was released after failing at Northampton and Sinclair was released as well. Also I wouldn't be too disappointed if Simpson left he didn't have much impact.

I'm sure we'll be, at the very least, competitive next season. Hopefully we'll hold onto the best players of last season... Walsh, Mcfadzean and Drury. That along with the players we've signed, should be at least as good as the caliber of the players that have left.
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex BH wrote:
Not worried at all. Last season we had an average team as reflected in our league position. It's not as if we've just won promotion with our best ever team and we're in the process of ripping that apart. The caliber of players that left can and will be replaced easily enough.

Of the players that have left... Paul Jones has gone down a level to Portsmouth, Mike Jones has made a sideways move to Oldham and Bulman has gone down a level to Portsmouth. Recently I can't think of any of our players in the last few seasons that have gone onto better things. During last season James Hurst was released after failing at Northampton and Sinclair was released as well. Also I wouldn't be too disappointed if Simpson left he didn't have much impact.

I'm sure we'll be, at the very least, competitive next season. Hopefully we'll hold onto the best players of last season... Walsh, Mcfadzean and Drury. That along with the players we've signed, should be at least as good as the caliber of the players that have left.

Shocked deluded much?
guildford roader
First Team
First Team

Topics: 11

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DB will be a major part of AFCW L2 campaign next season and wages probably reflected that. I suspect JG had DB down more as back up with wages to match.
Born in Crawley Hospital
Manager
Manager

Topics: 332

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex BH wrote:

Your optimism and support for Crawley Town is commendable but I think you've lost a grasp of reality here.

P. Jones to Portsmouth - Portsmouth are a massive club, much bigger than us. They'd be able to outspend us easily. Good move for Jones if it works out.

M. Jones to Oldham - again, Oldham are much bigger than us, in our division and will be able to outspend us.

Most worrying...

Bulman to AFC Plastics - we can't keep best player from last season who is 35 years old and he's gone down a division to get a better deal.

As for not worrying if Simpson goes, well, if we've to survive next season he will be utterly crucial. These players you've mentioned will not be easy to replace.
Alun
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 13

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather like when a girl gives you the flick (so I'm told Wink) the reality that it's over only sinks I when you see her happily out and about with a new bloke.

All the time Bully and Jones were unattached there was still the hope the relationship could be rekindled. The reality in both scenarios is that the bird and the players had committed to going, even though where to was unknown.

The reality is also that our squad hasn't been weakened this afternoon by these players signing elsewhere, it's just confirmation of what we knew but didn't want to accept.

I'm as disappointed as the next man, particularly about Bully joining those deluded clowns, but I was optimistic before I read the news, and in actual fact, nothing at all had changed. Bully and Jones had already gone, and now we know where to.

Last edited by Alun on Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
guildford roader
First Team
First Team

Topics: 11

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex BH wrote:

We got very stale by the end of last season. We'll never know but it wouldn't have surprised me if the team of 13/14 would have got relegated next season. Not saying it's not going to happen with the new team but I have a personal preference for the possibilities of the unknown than the probability of the known. Exciting.
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

Topics: 59

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the best in the future Dannie.

It seems we have joined the list of clubs to foolish to realise how good you are.

When people say Chris Wilder is a good manager I reply Dannie Bulman. When people ask is Gregory a good manager....?

Jim Baker
lee 66
Coach
Coach

Topics: 104

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blimey,a 35 year old player moves on.It's hardly devastating news is it.
I just see it all as JG rebuilding the squad with the players he wants.If he was desperate for Bulman to stay he would have made it happen and Bulman would have signed on the last day of the season.
JG will move on to new targets,I suspect however,he knew Bulman and Mike Jones were on their way and new targets were already being lined up.It's going to get pretty frantic over the next 6 weeks that's for sure.

Last edited by lee 66 on Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Maidenbower Millionaire
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 228

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a shame
Very surprised to hear the news
He's gone to a lower league club

I wish him well

Thanks for the memories Dannie !
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
We are playing at a different level now and you can't just throw 20 players together 6 weeks before the season starts and expect them to be a team. Certainly not if you a shopping in our isle of the supermarket at any rate.

But we are not "throwing 20 people together 6 weeks before the season starts."

We already have 9 players under contract plus the 2 youngsters and there is 2 months before the season starts. 6 or 7 more signings and we are there.

It's not the end of the world. Bully was a great player for us but at 35 his days at L1 were limited and if AFC have given him 2 years that's great. Proctor was a non scoring forward, a L1 version of John Akinde. Paul Jones was a good shot stopper but can be replaced. Ditto M Jones a good versatile utility player but also can be replaced.

I don't see why people are panicking.
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:
We are playing at a different level now and you can't just throw 20 players together 6 weeks before the season starts and expect them to be a team. Certainly not if you a shopping in our isle of the supermarket at any rate.

But we are not "throwing 20 people together 6 weeks before the season starts."

We already have 9 players under contract plus the 2 youngsters and there is 2 months before the season starts. 6 or 7 more signings and we are there.

It's not the end of the world. Bully was a great player for us but at 35 his days at L1 were limited and if AFC have given him 2 years that's great. Proctor was a non scoring forward, a L1 version of John Akinde. Paul Jones was a good shot stopper but can be replaced. Ditto M Jones a good versatile utility player but also can be replaced.

I don't see why people are panicking.

Its not just those guys though. We've also lost Sadler, Clarke, Mark Connolly, Torres, and a bunch of others. We maxed out on loan players just to have enough to fill the bench. Virtually the entire squad was dispensed with, and our squad had fantastic team spirit. That's gone now.
We obviously aren't paying very high wages, so doubtful we can actually get the players JG would like. The signings so far have been ok. We have 9 first teamers currently? So that's another 9 to come in to get a L1 squad. We can't survive with just 16 players, 18 is still a small squad. I imagine we will get the maximum 5 loan players in, as their wages will be part paid by their parent clubs, which will help.
Getting the players to gel as a team, and finding team spirit similar to what we've had before is vital. I'm not panicking, but JG has a helluva task ahead of him.
Nick Hilton
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 7

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject: Dannie Bullman joins AFCW Reply with quote

I know it is not the end of the world when a 35 year old moves on and I am still optimistic about the future. I also know a player needs to make a living in the twilight of his playing career.
But when you are a fan , reason goes out of the window, particularly when your favourite player goes off to probably our biggest rivals . Dannie was our talisman, he came to us at first in the season we started with minus ten points and returned when Oxford said he was not good enough for league football. And he was there and scored two goals when we beat the self righteous brothers five two and he was all over the pitch when we competed with the best in League One . So when we continue to establish ourselves in this division, I will continue to get behind the team, but at the moment I am gutted that he has gone and where he has gone to.
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TownMeadLeftover wrote:
Maybe it's not just about money, perhaps he was offered a longer term contract at Wimbledon which is a big factor for an older player like Bulman

thumbleft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: