CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

New signing - Brian Jensen
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ashdown Red
First Team
First Team

Topics: 31

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We lost our goal keeping coach, Paul Baron a few weeks ago. I would expect JG will be looking to sign a back up keeper. Brian Jensen would then be in a position to coach his replacement.
We were lucky with Paul Jones that he never missed a match through injury. As i never saw Johnny Maddison play i have no idea if he would be good enough to play in the first team.
What we lacked last season was a goalkeeper who took command of his area and organised the defence at set pieces.
I would expect that this is what Brian Jensen will be good at.
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maidenbower Millionaire wrote:
NorthgateRed wrote:
Armchairfan wrote:
guildford roader wrote:
The proof will be in the pudding and I will reserve judgement

He is clearly not there for the long term.

I also feel that where are young English players being given a chance if a small club like ours sign a 38 year old Dane Shocked

IMO not JG's/Crawleys job to bring on young English players. it's JG's job to have a successful Crawley team and if that means a team member is a Dane who provides the best cost and experience at minimal risk, so be it.

Good shout GR.

I take it you lot won't be cheering on Engalnd in the world cup then Wink

I don't remember you having a problem when we had Kuipers or Shearer between the sticks Wink

Kuipers was a good keeper, Shearer was a good keeper.

Is Jensen any good ?

I dont know, BUT I do know that he won't have much of a sell on value at his age, that's why if we went for a younger keeper, we could develop it may be better for the club longer term.

Just a thought ?

PS : There are some good wind up merchants on here Cool

Haha yes, I do try Very Happy Agree with your points above, not the one about CTFC should have an English keeper. Why does it matter where he comes from? We have a very talented young defender called Walsh, as BICH pointed out, who is developing very well with us, and no doubt will be sold on for a fair amount of money in a season or two. He's Welsh. Does it matter? No.
I guess Jensen is a good goalie, or else JG - who is a good manager - wouldn't have signed him. And it's only a one year deal. Plus we will be bringing in another keeper, and JG will make sure it's someone who can challenge Jensen for the goalie's position. He may well be foreign too. If he is, don't return your season ticket!! Wink
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorthgateRed wrote:
I guess Jensen is a good goalie, or else JG - who is a good manager - wouldn't have signed him.

I'm not sure that really follows. JG's signings last season weren't exactly stellar.
josefk
First Team
First Team

Topics: 15

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armchairfan wrote:
guildford roader wrote:

I also feel that where are young English players being given a chance if a small club like ours sign a 38 year old Dane Shocked

IMO not JG's/Crawleys job to bring on young English players. it's JG's job to have a successful Crawley team and if that means a team member is a Dane who provides the best cost and experience at minimal risk, so be it.

Good shout GR.

In fairness I couldn't care less about England in the world cup but, if it isn't Crawley's, and then fairly using that logic, any other club in Englands job to bring through young English players then what is the future of football in this country? Or is like everything else in life and someone elses job?

I do sort of understand the belief as the reality is we aren't cheering on football teams but cheering on the CTFC business against the Gillingham business etc and so wouldn't expect Tesco to do anything which wasn't in its interest likewise why should Crawley do things in the interest of other businesses like the England FA.

Just some very weird overlaps in football, most fans happy to see 100% foreign imports in their team if it means their success but then a collective scratching of heads when their national team is pants.
David R
First Team
First Team

Topics: 33

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would anybody rather? England win the world cup, or Crawley staying in league one as a competetive team, a little cup run with a few giant killing games, losing the play off final at Wembley against Sheffield United.
AllRed63
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 15

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David R wrote:
What would anybody rather? England win the world cup, or Crawley staying in league one as a competetive team, a little cup run with a few giant killing games, losing the play off final at Wembley against Sheffield United.

All of those please!
Graeme
Coach
Coach

Topics: 68

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David R wrote:

No question, Crawley in Playoff final losing or not.....
Mr.T.
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 13

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here,Crawley more important to me than England.
guildford roader
First Team
First Team

Topics: 11

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

josefk wrote:
Armchairfan wrote:
guildford roader wrote:

Good shout GR.

In fairness I couldn't care less about England in the world cup but, if it isn't Crawley's, and then fairly using that logic, any other club in Englands job to bring through young English players then what is the future of football in this country? Or is like everything else in life and someone elses job?

I do sort of understand the belief as the reality is we aren't cheering on football teams but cheering on the CTFC business against the Gillingham business etc and so wouldn't expect Tesco to do anything which wasn't in its interest likewise why should Crawley do things in the interest of other businesses like the England FA.

Just some very weird overlaps in football, most fans happy to see 100% foreign imports in their team if it means their success but then a collective scratching of heads when their national team is pants.

If the likes of Crawley and Gillingham produce good teams and exciting matches then 'the the future of football in this country' is just fine.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

josefk wrote:

I see that Tom Ince might be signed by Inter Milan.. and that is the other part of that particular equation... the acute lack of English players being signed by decent Continental clubs.... it is all one-way traffic.
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.T. wrote:

Same here - then maybe our B team can play internationals to keep in practice for league 1.
Maidenbower Millionaire
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 228

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulc222 wrote:
Mr.T. wrote:

Same here - then maybe our B team can play internationals to keep in practice for league 1.

Engalnd winning the World Cup is a once in a lifetime event.

Crawley getting promoted back to back and beating higher league clubs is normal Very Happy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: