CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |


Conference play offs
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Simon
Manager
Manager


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 09 Jul 2017
Posts: 12671
Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject: Conference play offs Reply with quote

Straight red for Scott Neilson today.

Cambridge v Gateshead in the final.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
backofthenet
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 05 Feb 2011
Last Visit: 28 May 2017
Posts: 3197
Topics: 421
Location: Oop North

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Conference play offs Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
Straight red for Scott Neilson today.

Cambridge v Gateshead in the final.


I expect Torquay are hoping Gateshead win it to avoid a 770 mile round trip!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football


Joined: 17 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 30 May 2017
Posts: 15160
Topics: 214
Location: The Parish of Rusper

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over 8,000 at Gateshead today. They normally get about 600 at home!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mickf
Coach
Coach


Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Last Visit: 14 Dec 2014
Posts: 3026
Topics: 49
Location: Southgate

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
Over 8,000 at Gateshead today. They normally get about 600 at home!

Maybe all those disaffected Newcastle fans after a bit of "proper" football? Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
James
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 22 Aug 2017
Posts: 4779
Topics: 300

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
Over 8,000 at Gateshead today. They normally get about 600 at home!


The very epitome of glory hunting. Must have been bloody awful for the genuine Gateshead fans (about 5% of that crowd) seeing all these fairweathers gatecrashing the party. A bit like us up at Old Trafford.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
weststandwatcher
First Team
First Team


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 14 May 2017
Posts: 1255
Topics: 13

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James wrote:
Ian wrote:
Over 8,000 at Gateshead today. They normally get about 600 at home!


The very epitome of glory hunting. Must have been bloody awful for the genuine Gateshead fans (about 5% of that crowd) seeing all these fairweathers gatecrashing the party. A bit like us up at Old Trafford.


So, would you rather we had taken 2,00 to Old Trafford and sent back the other 8,00 tickets? That really would have made us a laughing stock.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
James
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 22 Aug 2017
Posts: 4779
Topics: 300

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

weststandwatcher wrote:
James wrote:
Ian wrote:
Over 8,000 at Gateshead today. They normally get about 600 at home!


The very epitome of glory hunting. Must have been bloody awful for the genuine Gateshead fans (about 5% of that crowd) seeing all these fairweathers gatecrashing the party. A bit like us up at Old Trafford.


So, would you rather we had taken 2,00 to Old Trafford and sent back the other 8,00 tickets? That really would have made us a laughing stock.


Yes. Anyone who couldn't prove they were at King's Lynn in 99/00 season should have been automatically turned away at the Old Trafford turnstiles.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
weststandwatcher
First Team
First Team


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 14 May 2017
Posts: 1255
Topics: 13

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James wrote:
weststandwatcher wrote:
James wrote:
Ian wrote:
Over 8,000 at Gateshead today. They normally get about 600 at home!


The very epitome of glory hunting. Must have been bloody awful for the genuine Gateshead fans (about 5% of that crowd) seeing all these fairweathers gatecrashing the party. A bit like us up at Old Trafford.


So, would you rather we had taken 2,00 to Old Trafford and sent back the other 8,00 tickets? That really would have made us a laughing stock.


Yes. Anyone who couldn't prove they were at King's Lynn in 99/00 season should have been automatically turned away at the Old Trafford turnstiles.


Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JB
First Team
First Team


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 23 Jan 2018
Posts: 1314
Topics: 3

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lost 1-0.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 11 Aug 2017
Posts: 2868
Topics: 59
Location: Worth actually

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kings Lynn game. Was that the one with the big punch up?

Jim Baker
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Astral Voyager
Coach
Coach


Joined: 07 Feb 2012
Last Visit: 25 May 2015
Posts: 1834
Topics: 111

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

James wrote:
weststandwatcher wrote:
James wrote:
Ian wrote:
Over 8,000 at Gateshead today. They normally get about 600 at home!


The very epitome of glory hunting. Must have been bloody awful for the genuine Gateshead fans (about 5% of that crowd) seeing all these fairweathers gatecrashing the party. A bit like us up at Old Trafford.


So, would you rather we had taken 2,00 to Old Trafford and sent back the other 8,00 tickets? That really would have made us a laughing stock.


Yes. Anyone who couldn't prove they were at King's Lynn in 99/00 season should have been automatically turned away at the Old Trafford turnstiles.

Proper little ground that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
James
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 22 Aug 2017
Posts: 4779
Topics: 300

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We always lost there, certainly when I went... apart from that 2-2 draw on the final day of the season that relegated them. That was spicy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Last Visit: 30 May 2017
Posts: 5728
Topics: 63
Location: DFS

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James wrote:
We always lost there, certainly when I went... apart from that 2-2 draw on the final day of the season that relegated them. That was spicy.

I was there with MC.
We had a lovely day.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
John The Gas
Coach
Coach


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 26 Sep 2017
Posts: 1977
Topics: 85
Location: Sunny Horsham

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stewart Holmes had the unique statistic of scoring our FIRST League goal and our LAST of that season.

I wonder what he's doing these days?


JTG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football


Joined: 17 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 30 May 2017
Posts: 15160
Topics: 214
Location: The Parish of Rusper

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armchairfan wrote:
James wrote:
We always lost there, certainly when I went... apart from that 2-2 draw on the final day of the season that relegated them. That was spicy.

I was there with MC.
We had a lovely day.


Was that THAT day ACF? The one with the elaborate excuse for staying over for the night? Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum






This forum is run independently from and has no connection with the Crawley Town Football Club official site
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group :: Spelling by SpellingCow.


  Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit