CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Phone Call for Sergio Torres....

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 11:25 am    Post subject: Phone Call for Sergio Torres.... Reply with quote

"Hello, Have you ever had an accident at work that was not your fault...?"

Shocked
Tonyt
Coach
Coach

Topics: 107

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reckon he has a case against the Carlisle player or the club for the advert proximity.

After them there is always the FA for not bringing a case against the player.

His prospects of another year at Crawley could have been influenced by his break.

3some
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonyt wrote:
I reckon he has a case against ... the club for the advert proximity.

You have to be trolling Tony Confused
guildford roader
First Team
First Team

Topics: 11

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Health and Safety boys would be out campaigning for cushioned barriers if that was on MOTD.....thinking about it, I'd be in the get rid campaign as if that that was the case, I was close enough to play as to have been able to push Sergio back on the pitch...
AllRed63
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 15

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How sad for Sergio's Crawley Town career to end in this way - however, a new chapter will be opening for him - he will be a success wherever he goes - Wycombe would love him back I'm sure - or maybe a totally new adventure is around the corner to write about in years to come! He will be a major loss to us on and off the pitch - certainly the best PR man a club could ever have - what price that? I'm sure many of his younger fans will be shedding a tear or two tonight - and maybe one or two of the older ones! Sergio was a one-off - and we were lucky enough to have him for 4 years. Thank you Sergio - and good luck at Lords!!
Sulton111
First Team
First Team

Topics: 30

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AllRed63 wrote:
How sad for Sergio's Crawley Town career to end in this way - however, a new chapter will be opening for him - he will be a success wherever he goes - Wycombe would love him back I'm sure - or maybe a totally new adventure is around the corner to write about in years to come! He will be a major loss to us on and off the pitch - certainly the best PR man a club could ever have - what price that? I'm sure many of his younger fans will be shedding a tear or two tonight - and maybe one or two of the older ones! Sergio was a one-off - and we were lucky enough to have him for 4 years. Thank you Sergio - and good luck at Lords!!

summed up to perfection

I certainly left the ground dejected that i wouldnt be seeing him in a CTFC shirt again he is certainly my favourite player and in my top 5 of my personal players of all time list

thank you Sergio a CTFC legend, a great footballer and and even better person i wish you all the luck in the world Crying or Very sad
AllRed63
Squad member
Squad member

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sulton111 wrote:
AllRed63 wrote:

summed up to perfection

I certainly left the ground dejected that i wouldnt be seeing him in a CTFC shirt again he is certainly my favourite player and in my top 5 of my personal players of all time list

thank you Sergio a CTFC legend, a great footballer and and even better person i wish you all the luck in the world Crying or Very sad

For those of you suffering Sergio withdrawal symptoms, here's something to cheer you up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLoxUSx8D4I

Crawley weren't the only club to adore Sergio - there's 4 compendiums of clips here from some Wycombe matches - great commentaries - especially when Bill Turnbull from the Beeb gets on the mic! Some shocking tackles on Serge as well! 2006 vintage I think - what a player!
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AllRed63 wrote:
...great commentaries - especially when Bill Turnbull from the Beeb gets on the mic!

Between Bill, Dan Walker & Ant... can't the Beeb be persuaded to sign him up as a pundit for the forthcoming World Cup.. as an antidote to Savage...! Surprised
AllRed63
Squad member
Squad member

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
AllRed63 wrote:
...great commentaries - especially when Bill Turnbull from the Beeb gets on the mic!

Between Bill, Dan Walker & Ant... can't the Beeb be persuaded to sign him up as a pundit for the forthcoming World Cup.. as an antidote to Savage...! Surprised

Great idea Thad!
David R
First Team
First Team

Topics: 33

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What. Our Savage?
seriously though, goodbye Sergio you've been a hero.
Maidenbower Millionaire
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 228

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Phone Call for Sergio Torres.... Reply with quote

thad wrote:

Shocked

His arm had a plaster cast on Saturday.

That's all he needs, when he has to find a club this summer.

Not good timing , I hope the player who pushed him imto the barrier is pleased with himself
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
AllRed63
Squad member
Squad member

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Phone Call for Sergio Torres.... Reply with quote

Maidenbower Millionaire wrote:
thad wrote:

Shocked

His arm had a plaster cast on Saturday.

That's all he needs, when he has to find a club this summer.

Not good timing , I hope the player who pushed him imto the barrier is pleased with himself
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

In one of the clips at Wycombe I mentioned, he gets fouled close to the touchline but this time he manages to break his fall by landing right on top of a steward - classic! So maybe he has a case against our stewards!! I think Sergio will be fine - I wonder if he fancies Pompey - not far from Brighton. I'm sure he would be a hit there - plus an opportunity to get one back on Barker!! He's also mentioned Spanish football....who knows?
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David R wrote:
What. Our Savage?

I'd rather listen to our craggy but noble Savage than their cosmetically-enhanced Goose-faced Savage who is a so called hard man but cries like a girly when you disturb his coiffured locks.

Very Happy

No-one ever accused Sergio of spending time with a stylist.

I genuinely think that Sergio would be very popular on the telly.... the ladies fall for his boyish latin charm and the blokes appreciate that he actually knows what he is talking about.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: