CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

In Gregory We Trust.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David R
First Team
First Team

Topics: 33

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 8:41 pm    Post subject: In Gregory We Trust. Reply with quote

We do don't we?
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe that we have any choice..? trust needs to be earned but he will be given a fair chance and he is on a par with most of his peers in League 1.

As the saying goes "no-one complains about the smell of their own farts"... the excuses all disappear... no more opportunity to blame the legacy of the previous regime(s)... he will get to assemble HIS group of players and get them to play play how HE wants them to.. for him the toughest part is only just beginning.
lee 66
Coach
Coach

Topics: 104

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
I don't believe that we have any choice..? trust needs to be earned but he will be given a fair chance and he is on a par with most of his peers in League 1.

As the saying goes "no-one complains about the smell of their own farts"... the excuses all disappear... no more opportunity to blame the legacy of the previous regime(s)... he will get to assemble HIS group of players and get them to play play how HE wants them to.. for him the toughest part is only just beginning.

He always has the "dodgy pitch"excuse to fall back on, if need be.
Phil T
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 102

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he won a few friends when in his first game he changed the formation as it was patently not working.
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that JG would be able to get away with more than Barker just because he has some charisma. So long as we stay up without losing too much brown stuff, he'll be fine. More of the same really please. 14th will do.
mickf
Coach
Coach

Topics: 49

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulc222 wrote:
I think that JG would be able to get away with more than Barker just because he has some charisma. So long as we stay up without losing too much brown stuff, he'll be fine. More of the same really please. 14th will do.

What is better (taking out the possibility of some excitement due to a cup run) a middling season in League 1 without too much excitement and not scoring alot of goals (as in this season) OR suffering a relegation and then having a season battling near or at the top of league 2.
You see it so many times that a team struggles away for a season or two with the lessening of gates then get relegated (smaller teams I am thinking) and success and interest boost things up again.
Just a question thats all!
guildford roader
First Team
First Team

Topics: 11

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mickf wrote:
Paulc222 wrote:

What is better (taking out the possibility of some excitement due to a cup run) a middling season in League 1 without too much excitement and not scoring alot of goals (as in this season) OR suffering a relegation and then having a season battling near or at the top of league 2.
You see it so many times that a team struggles away for a season or two with the lessening of gates then get relegated (smaller teams I am thinking) and success and interest boost things up again.

You can still finish mid table and see plenty of excitement and goals. I suspect it's just that the Broadfield experience last season witnessed one of the lowest amount of goals totals in league 1 over the 23 matches. Hopefully JG can correct this without pushing us towards your second option
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mickf wrote:
Paulc222 wrote:

I would prefer option 1. I realise that may not be to everyone's taste. Not every season can be crammed with excitement. I think we had sufficient to last us for a good few years with Conference then L2 promotion along with some FA Cup matches that still sometimes have me wondering when I'm going to wake up. two or three seasons drawing breath sounds OK to me Smile .
Graeme
Coach
Coach

Topics: 68

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some interesting comments reported by the Observer.

http://www.crawleyobserver.co......-1-6046603

I was specially taken by the comment that we waste a guilt edged chance and everyone trots back with not a word said.
Quote:
today where we should have scored and we didn’t.
“We just run back to the halfway line and nobody says anything. Little things like that will need to be better.

I can't say I noticed, but it's spot on. Maybe we have lost that confrontational edge we had when Evans was around just to keep everyone on their toes and at 100 percent.

(Maybe I should have opened a whole new subject, 'Was the team to nice') Laughing

Admin edit: Quote now quoted
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graeme wrote:

I was specially taken by the comment that we waste a guilt edged chance and everyone trots back with not a word said.
Quote:
“We just run back to the halfway line and nobody says anything. Little things like that will need to be better.

I can't say I noticed, but it's spot on. Maybe we have lost that confrontational edge we had when Evans was around just to keep everyone on their toes and at 100 percent.

(Maybe I should have opened a whole new subject, 'Was the team to nice') Laughing

Mind you, I suppose it's better than this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZLhpxXqpFA

The "trot back" bit seems to refer to a conceded goal.
David R
First Team
First Team

Topics: 33

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does Shearer say to the ref after the second red?
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulc222 wrote:
Graeme wrote:

Quote:

Mind you, I suppose it's better than this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZLhpxXqpFA

The "trot back" bit seems to refer to a conceded goal.

No it doesn't. Why would conceding a goal be referred to as us missing a gilt-edged chance?
AllRed63
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 15

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graeme wrote:

Quote:

Admin edit: Quote now quoted

Maybe Gregory will ditch the zonal marking at set pieces and get players to take responsibility - then if someone makes a mistake they can all have a punch-up! In the old days, they knew a total b*llcking awaited them in the dressing room from Evans! Maybe JG needs to have a few coaching lessons in the black arts of management from the Fat Boy! Didn't do Charlie Wassmer any good though - destroyed him I'm afraid!
guildford roader
First Team
First Team

Topics: 11

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My experience is that when someone in charge has said you're too nice to each other, they then can't cope when you're not!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: