CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Retained list 2014
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Born in Crawley Hospital
Manager
Manager

Topics: 332

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
A couple of players have taken to Twitter following the release of the list this morning.

Billy Clarke - https://twitter.com/billyclarke7/status/463247664520638464

Click to view this image at its original size
Click on the image to view it at its original size

Mark Connolly - https://twitter.com/Mark5Connolly/status/463298946530832384

Click to view this image at its original size
Click on the image to view it at its original size

Fair play to them. Neither will have trouble finding clubs at this level. I'm sure they'll get a warm welcome when they come back.

All the best.
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clarke will find a club in the championship I think . He is the sort of player who will play better the more talent he has around him.

Why the heck didn't we sell him to Sheffield two month ago if we weren't going to offer him a deal ...bit dumb.

Connolly is versatile and committed and twice the player Esam is , it's a bit annoying we have been left with the latter and released a better player . If we sell Walsh of Mcfaz or they get injured we will soon notice the lack of quality at the back. Gregory hasn't even got close to playing Conor Esam this year so clearly doent rate him.
Sulton111
First Team
First Team

Topics: 30

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
Clarke will find a club in the championship I think . He is the sort of player who will play better the more talent he has around him.

Why the heck didn't we sell him to Sheffield two month ago if we weren't going to offer him a deal ...bit dumb.

Connolly is versatile and committed and twice the player Esam is , it's a bit annoying we have been left with the latter and released a better player . If we sell Walsh of Mcfaz or they get injured we will soon notice the lack of quality at the back. Gregory hasn't even got close to playing Conor Esam this year so clearly doent rate him.

players will be coming in - i fully expect Essam to move on to a L2 side in the close season once cover has been found
guildford roader
First Team
First Team

Topics: 11

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of the players new contracts have not been offered to, the only surprises could be Clarke, M Connolly and Jones. Clarke is a luxury we can't afford, Connolly not a right back and Jones a very unbalanced keeper over shot stopping, box presence and distribution. Of those offered new contracts, surprised JG went for Mike Jones - doesn't excel wide or in central midfield. It would be daft not to want Dannie Bulman for another season. There's something about Proctor that I'd like to see more of but if he goes will not be too disappointed. Not sure about Sadler, I think he's ok - he's safe and reliable - could probably equally take him as leave him. The main thing is we have Fadz, Walsh and Drury on the books.
Broadfield Dave
First Team
First Team

Topics: 5

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guildford roader wrote:
The main thing is we have Fadz, Walsh and Drury on the books.

I was actually rather disappointed to see that Drury is still under contract. Considering he is presumably one of our highest earners, I think he's been quite poor this season.
Born in Crawley Hospital
Manager
Manager

Topics: 332

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broadfield Dave wrote:
guildford roader wrote:

I was actually rather disappointed to see that Drury is still under contract. Considering he is presumably one of our highest earners, I think he's been quite poor this season.

Drury in NOT god shocker.
Dean Howell's Hairdresser
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 7

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks all pretty predictable given we now know who was under contract.

I'm not disapointed to see Clarke go. Teams have learnt to show him the right side and then he becomes pretty ineffective.

Mark Connelly will be a loss. IMO he had a good season and can play RB or CB with ease.

Torres; League One is one level to high. Love his enthusiasm.

Paul Jones: Okay he's made some mistakes recently but have we the money to find a better keeper.

John Gregory will have to pull some rabbits out of the hat if Crawley are to survive at this level following the cull. Heard him on radio Sussex saying we are to push for the playoffs.
AllRed63
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 15

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dean Howell's Hairdresser wrote:

I'm not disapointed to see Clarke go. Teams have learnt to show him the right side and then he becomes pretty ineffective.

Mark Connelly will be a loss. IMO he had a good season and can play RB or CB with ease.

Paul Jones: Okay he's made some mistakes recently but have we the money to find a better keeper.

John Gregory will have to pull some rabbits out of the hat if Crawley are to survive at this level following the cull. Heard him on radio Sussex saying we are to push for the playoffs.

We've got to aim high whether it's realistic or not. If we go into the new season expecting a relegation fight, we will surely get one!
John The Gas
Coach
Coach

Topics: 85

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AllRed63 wrote:
Dean Howell's Hairdresser wrote:

We've got to aim high whether it's realistic or not. If we go into the new season expecting a relegation fight, we will surely get one!

Exactly....... Positive Mental Attitude !!!!

JTG
mustaphashot
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 293

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PMA eh.
With the budget cuts and player situation I think it sounds a bit like PMT.
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Born in Crawley Hospital wrote:
Broadfield Dave wrote:
guildford roader wrote:

Drury in NOT god shocker.

No, that was Robbie Fowler.
ant
Coach
Coach

Topics: 24

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not surprised by the length of the retained list. The only one I'm really shocked about is MArk Connolly who I thought had done enough to earn himself a new deal.

If it was a choice of Jones or Clarke then Jones just edges it for me - he doesn't pick up the same number of injuries and silly bookings as Clarke.

Will be gutted if Dannie doesn't sign - JG, make him player coach now. Failing that - captain.

Proctor is worth a punt.

Paul Jones in goal - With JG releasing both keepers I'm pretty confident he has something lined up. Espeically with Paul Barron being full of tricks there
Tonyt
Coach
Coach

Topics: 107

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mustaphashot wrote:
PMA eh.
With the budget cuts and player situation I think it sounds a bit like PMT.

thumbleft
Crawley Ben
Coach
Coach

Topics: 176

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ant wrote:
Not surprised by the length of the retained list. The only one I'm really shocked about is MArk Connolly who I thought had done enough to earn himself a new deal.

If it was a choice of Jones or Clarke then Jones just edges it for me - he doesn't pick up the same number of injuries and silly bookings as Clarke.

Will be gutted if Dannie doesn't sign - JG, make him player coach now. Failing that - captain.

Proctor is worth a punt.

Paul Jones in goal - With JG releasing both keepers I'm pretty confident he has something lined up. Espeically with Paul Barron being full of tricks there

Ant - in respect of Mark Connolly I *guess* that maybe he wasn't prepared to take the drop in pay that has been talked about (50% if that's true?). I could well be wrong of course, but I can't see why else JG would have released him IMO.

Ben
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley Ben wrote:
ant wrote:

Proctor is worth a punt.

Ant - in respect of Mark Connolly I *guess* that maybe he wasn't prepared to take the drop in pay that has been talked about (50% if that's true?). I could well be wrong of course, but I can't see why else JG would have released him IMO.

Ben

Not sure Ben. If that was the case wouldn't the club try to pacify fans by at least saying he was offered and turned it down.

I wonder if JG has looked at it and thought we have cover at CB, and could probably find a better footballing right back (Dumbuya style - maybe what we thought we had got when Hurst signed). In other words he has paid the price for being versatile.

I know Mark gave 100% all the time but his distribution was generally of the hoof variety.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: