CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Players leaving
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nick
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Baker wrote:
Stolen from somebody or other.

List of league 1 players out of contract.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk....._2014.html

Jim Baker

Can't see how Mark Connelly is only valued at 75,000 !
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick wrote:
Jim Baker wrote:
Stolen from somebody or other.

List of league 1 players out of contract.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk....._2014.html

Can't see how Mark Connelly is only valued at 75,000 !

I would take the figures with a pinch of salt. If the values were right you would have expected us to tie them down as saleable assets.

A player out of contract is not going to cost a team anything in transfer fees, so surely his current value is 0 ?
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
I think Dicker will stay he has a young family and lives in Steynning. Unless Portsmouth or some one close by comes in I think his preference is to stay here.

I think most of the players preference was to stay here, but if they are not offered deals, what can they do? When I spoke to Andy Drury after the game, he seemed rather annoyed that so many of his team mates were being let go. Unimpressed would be an understatement. Proctor seemed downhearted about not staying. Even Bully didn't know where he'd be next season.
Wodin
First Team
First Team

Topics: 53

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the end of the day, being a footballer is a job...you need to try and get paid well to ensure you have a secure footballer.

If some of the players are downhearted you can understand it. They seem to have bonded well as a team and as a group. Shame, but football is ALL about money these days.
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's this bad, it will take a lot of managerial skill and/or luck to keep us out of the Conference never mind L2.
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well according to the argus it looks like everyone is going . A good squad an excellent team spirit destroyed in in one go.

Does anyone have a handle on the scale of reduction in budget . If it's say 20 percent then I struggle to see why some of the better players couldn't be offered deals to keep them. If it's 50 percent range then surely we should be told why such a big reduction.
srn151161
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 25

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have every faith in our new Messiah Mr Gregory. He would not of signed a two year deal unless he was happy with his budget moving forward.. Football generally is having to cut its cloth accordingly so there will be lots and lots of footballers being released this summer.

Perhaps we wont be seeing so many flash cars in the car park next year..!!
Ross
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 157

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
If it's 50 percent range then surely we should be told why such a big reduction.

Because the owner's maybe have had enough having to stump up millions of pounds to keep the club afloat.
Bertieboy
Trainee
Trainee

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again, proves what a ridiculous decision it was to scrap the youth team. Could have done with a few of their decent players on small wages. Pathetic. Going down!
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertieboy wrote:
Once again, proves what a ridiculous decision it was to scrap the youth team. Could have done with a few of their decent players on small wages. Pathetic. Going down!

I didn't agree with the decision to scrap it but I think it's fantasy land to think many would have featured in the first team.

You only have to see what happened to the Palace lads to see what a step up it is - they were rabbits in the headlights.
guildford roader
First Team
First Team

Topics: 11

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a 442, which I hope we play more of next season, the only players we could not get better IMO to fit in to that formation are Fadz, Walsh and Drury. At the moment, those 3 are with us next season. If we can have 2/3 quality loan signings such as the likes of Gwion, a fit Monakana, a fit Tubbs etc we need half a dozen for a core A team. The pooling of the twelve salaries, though with a reduced budget, should give JG the means to put out a stronger and more entertaining unit next season . I still think it will be an uphill task next season, but that would have been the case with the current squad. I'll judge JG around November'14 time.
bandy1954
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 66

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
Twelve out of contract ...seven ! not offered deals , three offered deals and turned them down ....? Two pondering and may re- sign. .

Interesting, Bullman will stay not sure who the other one is Dicker maybe or Proctor ?

Who turned down deals guess would be M Jones , Mark Connlley and Clarke?

All sounds very odd. Gregory waxed lyrical about the players all season and then decides to release most of them!

Really don't like the idea of breaking up a decent squad and starting from scratch lots could go wrong .

One thing puzzles me why does JG want Monkenna back when he is so unfit he breaths out his backside after two runs yet we don't want blokes who have put in 100 percent all year.

I don't like these comments from the club about reliance on loan players and that don't expect signings to materialise until end of July August . It smacks of throwing a team together without a proposer preseason and I always have doubts over commitment and team spirit when you rely on temporary players ..they tend not to have enough skin in the game.

I agree with the above. We appear to be dumping half of the squad. It's difficult to see how we will secure new payers with krap money on offer. I predict we will struggle majorly to stay up next season. Mind you, JG has signed so presumably he is on a good number here. If most of the budget is used paying him, how are we going to replace all of these guys?
Sulton111
First Team
First Team

Topics: 30

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the Argus seems to report we could be keeping Bulman and Sadler now if this happens we have the following signed up

Walsh
Fadz
Sadler
Bulman
Simpson
Drury
Essam

i think this is still a very good core of players, yes i would have liked M Connolly to stay along with Torres

but lets face it the defence made loads of mistakes this year, the keeper suffered because of the mistakes

at times the midfield went missing and the forwards with the exception of Tubbs whose goals kept us up had terrible strike rates

it will be tough losing so many but their are so many free agents this year around 500 from leagues 1 and 2 that with the core we potentially hav

If we can get Gwion Edwards and a fit Monakana back then that's a very strong midfield - potentially one of the best in the league

we will of course need a new RB or 2 but maybe M Connolly was a luxury we couldn't afford but that's still a very good defence with the right defensive coach

so that leaves us with the forwards I believe we should get Tubbs back if we can, on our budget their will not be many if any better we could get but we still need a target man and 1 or 2 to cover.

i am surprised that proctor will not be with us next season I always love a player that gives his all every game and i thought with a good pre-season he would kick on next year.
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree regarding Proctor he was often much maligned by the fans but his work rate and at times his skill were top class. He sometimes struggled in front of goal but his general contribution was very good.

We have seen to often strikers join us who just don't put anywhere near the effort in. I would say this we had Fallon , Emanuel Thomas (briefly) Tubbs , Barnett and Proctor on the field on Saturday and Proctor was head and shoulders above all of them, Barnett looked like a Tele tubby Confused
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: