CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Players leaving
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guildford roader wrote:
If we want a source of quality of player for reasonable money why don't we broaden our horizons and look abroad? JG has managed in some obscure outposts and must have contacts far and wide. Most of his foreign ventures have been unsuccessful but the odd player must have shone. The Scots have pushed in to the polish market. TBH, I couldn't care less if I can't pronounce their name if they can bang the ball in the goal.

But "There's only one Jrsicoslavkrnw Mrzniknak" doesn't have quite the same ring to it.
Graeme
Coach
Coach

Topics: 68

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it will be a fair while until we know the make up of the squad for next season.
I would guess we made quite a few offers and although it sounds like a lot are going, things may change.
There will be lots of players available as I suspect nearly every team in the Championship will be cutting their squads to lower their debts and those players will be looking for a contract.

There will be a lot of brinkmanship but it will all get sorted in the end.
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we can add Paul Connolly to the list of players leaving.

https://twitter.com/AislPablo/status/463019870012317697
Quote:
Had a groin op this week so couldn't thank @crawleytown fans y'day for support, shame it didn't work out, you deserve success in future
Crawley Ben
Coach
Coach

Topics: 176

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
I think we can add Paul Connolly to the list of players leaving.

https://twitter.com/AislPablo/status/463019870012317697
Quote:
Had a groin op this week so couldn't thank @crawleytown fans y'day for support, shame it didn't work out, you deserve success in future

According to a tweet by Steve Hollis, 7 have been released & 3 have turned down new deals. I for one hope Dannie Bulman is staying....

https://twitter.com/stevehollis75/status/463038770556968961

Ben
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley001 wrote:
These players may not be the finished article, and may make more mistakes than more experienced players

Making mistakes at Crawley will finish them if their game is built confidence.

Crawley69 wrote:
If we were guaranteed to retain Walsh , Drury, and Mcfaz I could convince my self the teams spine was there , but we know at least one will be sold .

Do you have a link to where the club announced this please?
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twelve out of contract ...seven ! not offered deals , three offered deals and turned them down ....? Two pondering and may re- sign. .

Interesting, Bullman will stay not sure who the other one is Dicker maybe or Proctor ?

Who turned down deals guess would be M Jones , Mark Connlley and Clarke?

All sounds very odd. Gregory waxed lyrical about the players all season and then decides to release most of them!

Really don't like the idea of breaking up a decent squad and starting from scratch lots could go wrong .

One thing puzzles me why does JG want Monkenna back when he is so unfit he breaths out his backside after two runs yet we don't want blokes who have put in 100 percent all year.

I don't like these comments from the club about reliance on loan players and that don't expect signings to materialise until end of July August . It smacks of throwing a team together without a proposer preseason and I always have doubts over commitment and team spirit when you rely on temporary players ..they tend not to have enough skin in the game.

Last edited by Crawley69 on Sun May 04, 2014 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
Twelve out of contract ...seven ! Not offered deals ,the seven release with out offers ....? Three offered deals and turned them down ....? Two pondering and may re- sign. .

Interesting Bullman will stay not sure who the other one is Dicker omaybe ?

Who turned down deals guess would be M Jones , Mark Connlley and Clarke.

Connolly wasn't offered a deal. Jones, Clarke and Proctor seem to be the three if you read what others have said. I assume P Jones wasn't offered rather than turned it down.
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be blunt I struggle to see why we would go after Tubbs if the other fellas haven't made the grade ....his form after the first month has been very poor and his contribution to team play compared to Proctor is none existent.
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:
Twelve out of contract ...seven ! Not offered deals ,the seven release with out offers ....? Three offered deals and turned them down ....? Two pondering and may re- sign. .

Interesting Bullman will stay not sure who the other one is Dicker omaybe ?

Who turned down deals guess would be M Jones , Mark Connlley and Clarke.

Connolly wasn't offered a deal. Jones, Clarke and Proctor seem to be the three if you read what others have said. I assume P Jones wasn't offered rather than turned it down.

Think that's spot on Ian. Paul Jones did say he hadn't been offered.

Will be interesting to see when the list is announced.

So who are the 7 not offered? Torres, P Jones, M Connolly, P Connolly, Fallon, Malins, ? Sadler, ? Dicker, ? Maddison

That leaves Bulman and one of the above as the ponderers. Maybe Mat Sadler, as I thought someone told me his wife works in EG.
Simon
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
To be blunt I struggle to see why we would go after Tubbs if the other fellas haven't made the grade ....his form after the first month has been very poor and his contribution to team play compared to Proctor is none existent.

Presumably because a forward's job is to put the ball in the net, and he was the only one this season who looked like he was up to doing it.

I thought in the last games he looked like he was being nursed along, which is why he was left out, taken off early etc at times.

With a full pre season and regular football maybe he can do a job.
Cakeburner
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 692

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i spoke to somebody, on Thursday, who has known Mike Jones since (MJ) he was at Tranmere and he seemed to reckon MJ was settled in Crawley, so i presume he has been given a significantly better offer by 'Rochdale' to move .......
Simon
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cakeburner wrote:
i spoke to somebody, on Thursday, who has known Mike Jones since (MJ) he was at Tranmere and he seemed to reckon MJ was settled in Crawley, so i presume he has been given a significantly better offer by 'Rochdale' to move .......

Mike said the offer from Crawley wasn't good, so maybe they have just matched what he was on.
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either way it's going to put a lot of pressure on JG next year. having decided to get rid of practically an entire squad that has to be fair been largley successful ...the onus is on him to put a better team together.

I fear if we are going to bring in a load of youngsters who have no league experience and loanees it will back fire badley for us.
Broadfield Dave
First Team
First Team

Topics: 5

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoke to some of the players in Redz after the game yesterday and it seems that Clarke, M.Connolly, Proctor, P.Jones, M.Jones and Torres are off. Also sounds like it's more down to finances than Gregory's preference.

Unsurprisingly, Tubbsy said he had no idea if he was coming back, saying it was up to the two clubs.
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Dicker will stay he has a young family and lives in Steynning. Unless Portsmouth or some one close by comes in I think his preference is to stay here.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: