CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Players leaving
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crawley Ben
Coach
Coach

Topics: 176

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
It would be crazy to get rid of so many .

Sadler , P Jones, J Proctor, Bill Clarke and Mark Connolly are all worth retaining.

Why not release Conor Esam for example and retain Mark Connolly. Esam isn't any where near as good.

I just hope we aren't going to embark on mass changes for the sake of it and find we are brining in inferior players. That squad with a couple of additions and not been stuffed with the 19. Games in two months could have really challenged for the play offs.

Not bothered about Proctor or Clarke going if I'm honest. Neither has had a particularly good season so maybe for the best that they move on.

As for Essam I think your being a tad harsh personally. He's not really had a chance to prove himself due to the outstanding form at the back from McFadzean & Walsh. With the Fadz & Walsh both having had outstanding seasons, you can't help but think another club will try & swoop for one if not both of them during the summer. If that proves to be the case, I would be happy to retain Essam & give him an opportunity to prove himself next season.

Ben
srn151161
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 25

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a feeling there will be at least ten players leaving next week and JG will be doing a complete rebuild of the team...his budget has been slashed and he will have to work hard to put a squad together which can challenge for play offs next season..
ant
Coach
Coach

Topics: 24

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd suggest that some of those that leave may we'll be forced to reconsider in a few weeks time. 12 players out of contract and most of them have been offered new deals just at reduced terms,

That may mean they scratch around looking for other clubs - that's their right and good luck to them.

But plenty of other players won't find themselves new clubs. It's a tough world out there at the moment with many clubs cutting their cloth according to income. there's nothing to say some of those players may well be looking at our offer in a different light once they have scoured the other offers or not on their table
Eggnog
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 4

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walsh and/or Fadz will be sold. We need the
money and they are the two worth the most.
Bianchiboy
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 16

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

srn151161 wrote:
Have a feeling there will be at least ten players leaving next week and JG will be doing a complete rebuild of the team...his budget has been slashed and he will have to work hard to put a squad together which can challenge for play offs next season..

On our budget/crowds/income JG will do very well putting together a squad that avoids relegation next season, cannot see us troubling the play-offs.
I hope I am proved wrong!
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianchiboy wrote:
srn151161 wrote:

On our budget/crowds/income JG will do very well putting together a squad that avoids relegation next season, cannot see us troubling the play-offs.

Agreed. A couple of decent additions to our current squad and we could be challenging for the play offs. But with the majority of the players leaving, and CTFC basically being skint and having no money for decent replacements, we are *beep*. Staying up will be unbelievably difficult. JG will need to perform miracles.
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianchiboy wrote:
srn151161 wrote:

I fear you may be right - the possible saving grace being that many other clubs are in similar situations. The FPP is ensuring a gradual lowering of players wages and/or smaller squads for any club with borderline income. If this were applied equally all over, standards in the lower leagues would be maintained by Premier League and Championship surplus players filtering down. However, the restrictions in those two divisions seem less severe meaning that playrs can be retained a bit more easily up there. A general lowering of standards in L1 and L2 seems to be the way we are going. It's still much better than clubs folding though.
Crawley001
Youth team
Youth team

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the way to go is young, hungry players looking to prove themselves. I think these players will be cheaper (in wage terms) and will have a future sell on value if they perform. They may choose Crawley over other teams (even if we offer a lower wage) if we can give them more time on the pitch.

These players may not be the finished article, and may make more mistakes than more experienced players, but will potentially be worth more to Crawley in the long-term.
mickf
Coach
Coach

Topics: 49

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorthgateRed wrote:
Bianchiboy wrote:
srn151161 wrote:

Agreed. A couple of decent additions to our current squad and we could be challenging for the play offs. But with the majority of the players leaving, and CTFC basically being skint and having no money for decent replacements, we are *beep*. Staying up will be unbelievably difficult. JG will need to perform miracles.

Hopefully JGs confidence in signing a longer contract after having questioned answered regarding improving the squad next seasons means his positive attitude will outweigh all you "negatives" who seem to think we are doomed. Overpriced players in a comfort zone will maybe be replaced with players hungrier to prove something?
Hopefully also it will have a positive effect on ST sales?
guildford roader
First Team
First Team

Topics: 11

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ant wrote:
I'd suggest that some of those that leave may we'll be forced to reconsider in a few weeks time. 12 players out of contract and most of them have been offered new deals just at reduced terms,

That may mean they scratch around looking for other clubs - that's their right and good luck to them.

But plenty of other players won't find themselves new clubs. It's a tough world out there at the moment with many clubs cutting their cloth according to income. there's nothing to say some of those players may well be looking at our offer in a different light once they have scoured the other offers or not on their table

The flood of players on the market begins...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27272828
guildford roader
First Team
First Team

Topics: 11

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we want a source of quality of player for reasonable money why don't we broaden our horizons and look abroad? JG has managed in some obscure outposts and must have contacts far and wide. Most of his foreign ventures have been unsuccessful but the odd player must have shone. The Scots have pushed in to the polish market. TBH, I couldn't care less if I can't pronounce their name if they can bang the ball in the goal.
notso
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 208

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to 'cut your cloth'. Forget the good-old-days courtesy of Bruce, they're over.

We know go back to the era before of no money, and hoping the manager can find players who want to play for a few bob, can increase in value and be sold on to keep the club afloat.

I said to my mates before and after the match that I reckon it will be a relegation battle this coming season , if it is anything different I will be the happiest person alive.

Season ticket here I come Very Happy
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

Topics: 59

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stolen from somebody or other.

List of league 1 players out of contract.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk....._2014.html

Jim Baker
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mickf wrote:
NorthgateRed wrote:
Bianchiboy wrote:
srn151161 wrote:

Hopefully JGs confidence in signing a longer contract after having questioned answered regarding improving the squad next seasons means his positive attitude will outweigh all you "negatives" who seem to think we are doomed. Overpriced players in a comfort zone will maybe be replaced with players hungrier to prove something?
Hopefully also it will have a positive effect on ST sales?

I never said we were doomed. Just it will be difficult for us to stay up next season with no money. We will probably lose most of a decent team. Rather than building, we will be rebuilding. That will be more expensive. Money we don't have. I don't doubt JG will work his nuts off for us, and maybe perform miracles. But our gates are too low to sustain L1 for much longer. Doom merchant? Or facing reality?
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we were guaranteed to retain Walsh , Drury, and Mcfaz I could convince my self the teams spine was there , but we know at least one will be sold . Building a whole new team as we appear to be is drought with risk and rarely works. Gradual evolution is the way to improve .

The reality is we will probably be in for a difficult season next year.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: