CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

How sad?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bianchiboy
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 16

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 11:18 pm    Post subject: How sad? Reply with quote

It was to see how many of our fans could not be bothered to stay a few extra minutes to show their appreciation for the players on their lap of honour today, I suppose there is all that traffic to beat and Britain's Got Talent to rush home to?
David R
First Team
First Team

Topics: 33

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, it drives me ******* mad, all season no matter how we've played, no matter what the score or circumstances, from about 75 minutes a steady stream of people flowing out, it seems mostly from the East Stand. Why? Stay and support your team or dont come in the first place.
mustaphashot
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 293

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quality is better than quantity.
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: How sad? Reply with quote

Bianchiboy wrote:
It was to see how many of our fans could not be bothered to stay a few extra minutes to show their appreciation for the players on their lap of honour today, I suppose there is all that traffic to beat and Britain's Got Talent to rush home to?

It was sad really, although I can't help thinking it was because there was such a delay after the end of the game.

In fact by the time the numerous (there must have been at least 10) presentations were done and we eventually got to the Player of the Season it was 5.45 and there can't have been more than a few hundred left in the West Stand with the rest of the ground deserted.

Needs a rethink for next season really. Maybe go back to doing the newspaper presentations before the game to speed it up.
allanp
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 43

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We stayed for the presentations but have to agree that they were delayed too long after the match finished and lots of people drifted away because of it.

Also it would have been better if the players stayed on the pitch for the presentations instead of just appearing from the tunnel to collect their awards and then quickly disappearing again.
Astral Voyager
Coach
Coach

Topics: 111

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not REAL fans that's why!
mickf
Coach
Coach

Topics: 49

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure why they are ever left until after the game. I stayed but we were way over the East stand rather than being allowed in an orderly fashion to come on the pitch. Then you also cannot hear much of the tannoy announcer and for some reason the players did a lap of honour after 3 awards and we assumed that was it and the rest would be done in the bar and departed for there as did lots of others as the players passed round to the West Stand. Only to find they had then presented the other awards on the pitch.
Not great presentation or communication of what was supposed to be going on? Confused
John The Gas
Coach
Coach

Topics: 85

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are still very much a Tin Pot outfit. In my playing days,we always had a decent venue with good food etc with an MC announcing all the awards in an organised manner.

In Redz bar after the game,was there a real need to "rope an area off" for our Prima Donna players?

Very disappointed to see Tubbsy decline a photo with a nine year old yet our new youth teamer was very obliging,as was Sergio.

Why didn't John Gregory turn up either? The players were wearing T shirts stating something like "One Team We're in this together" - I think not !!

JTG
lee 66
Coach
Coach

Topics: 104

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly,we will never see the days when a drunken fan is able to put an arm around the manager or his assistant in the bar after a match and tell them where it all went wrong during the 90 minutes.Oh well,I don't soppose the likes of Francis Vines and Dave Swindlehurst are cut out for today's "them and us" culture that modern managers have adopted.
I really can't believe the club roped of an area in the Redz bar just for the players,it's pathetic,glad i went down the pub instead.We should be embracing our non league heritage and making it work for us.
Crawley001
Youth team
Youth team

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As one or two others have said, why not make more of an event of it? Potentially fans could buy places at the event, with maybe a player or two on each table to attract fans, with a proper meal included and smart wear. Add in one or two guest speakers and it would make for an enjoyable evening, as well as creating a more professional atmosphere.

I suppose the main argument is cost, but I don't think it would be too expensive as you would be selling places at the tables. It could even be held at the Redz Bar or in the executive suite depending on how many people they would like/expect to attend which would help reduce costs.
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John The Gas wrote:
Very disappointed to see Tubbsy decline a photo with a nine year old yet our new youth teamer was very obliging,as was Sergio.

JTG

Surprised to hear that John as Matt had photos taken with loads of kids including my lad. Not with any irritation either - he was genuinely happy to do it. As to be fair were the majority of the players.
mickf
Coach
Coach

Topics: 49

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lee 66 wrote:
Sadly,we will never see the days when a drunken fan is able to put an arm around the manager or his assistant in the bar after a match and tell them where it all went wrong during the 90 minutes.Oh well,I don't soppose the likes of Francis Vines and Dave Swindlehurst are cut out for today's "them and us" culture that modern managers have adopted.
I really can't believe the club roped of an area in the Redz bar just for the players,it's pathetic,glad i went down the pub instead.We should be embracing our non league heritage and making it work for us.

Not exactly much of a them and us though a piece of rope, which really was just making sure the players had a seat to relaxing after playing a match? Plenty of interaction with the fans without the rope seemingly getting in the way - but then we do like to find the smallest fault (me included on occasions!)
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
John The Gas wrote:

JTG

Surprised to hear that John as Matt had photos taken with loads of kids including my lad. Not with any irritation either - he was genuinely happy to do it. As to be fair were the majority of the players.

All the players were more than happy to chat to fans, pose for photos and sign autographs. They were genuinely friendly and not just going through the motions. I even saw grumpiest goalie on earth Paul Jones smile!
As for the roped off area - what's the big deal? They did it last season. And Tubbsy made a point of standing on our side of the rope while watching the Everton game. Jeez. People moan that our players don't mix enough with the fans. Yet when they do, people moan!
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lee 66 wrote:

So you weren't even there and you're still having a pop? Typical. Rolling Eyes
lee 66
Coach
Coach

Topics: 104

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorthgateRed wrote:
lee 66 wrote:

So you weren't even there and you're still having a pop? Typical. Rolling Eyes

I wasn't haing pop,I was having Carling actually,very nice it was too.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: