CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Standing at Football Matches
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
backofthenet
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 421

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:56 am    Post subject: Standing at Football Matches Reply with quote

The Football League clubs met yesterday and agreed to pursue further the issue of standing areas in grounds, including a hope to have them at Championship grounds.

http://www.football-league.co......34_3658021

A step in the right direction?
Tonyt
Coach
Coach

Topics: 107

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all for standing in non-seating areas.

At the last away game I attended at both Port Vale and Crystal Palace the game was completely spoiled by individuals standing in front of me in the seating area.

In both cases the stewards did nothing when I requested them to get the selfish gits to sit down.

Get it sorted before someone decides to push them forward when a goal is scored and those at the front are crushed, injured are killed.

Hillsborough proved it can happen, but then it wasn't a goal that caused it.

Cool
notso
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 208

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonyt wrote:
Get it sorted before someone decides to push them forward when a goal is scored and those at the front are crushed, injured are killed.

Cool

I didn't think that it happened in seated areas either. So the comparison is misleading, and I'd suggest, unfortunate.
Phil T
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 102

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notso wrote:
Tonyt wrote:

Cool

I didn't think that it happened in seated areas either. So the comparison is misleading, and I'd suggest, unfortunate.

And the 'cages' are no longer in use.
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonyt wrote:

Cool

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Won't the surge be broken up by all those rows of plastic and the fact the density of people per square metre at Hillsborough was in the region of 10 times greater than that in a seated area

Talk about over dramatising!

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Bianchiboy
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 16

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonyt wrote:

At the last away game I attended at both Port Vale and Crystal Palace the game was completely spoiled by individuals standing in front of me in the seating area.

In both cases the stewards did nothing when I requested them to get the selfish gits to sit down.

Cool

Plenty of room at both games to have moved to a spot where you could have sat down and seen the game. To make any connection to Hillsborough is both over dramatic and naive of what actually occurred there.
rednose
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 5

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonyt wrote:

Cool

biggest load of tosh I've read on here for a long time!
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How mamy more lives must be lost before the stupidity of a return to the terrace days at these large stadiums can be dropped forever
rednose
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 5

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
How mamy more lives must be lost before the stupidity of a return to the terrace days at these large stadiums can be dropped forever

where has anyone mentioned a return to the terraces?
Tonyt
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianchiboy wrote:
Tonyt wrote:

Cool

Plenty of room at both games to have moved to a spot where you could have sat down and seen the game. To make any connection to Hillsborough is both over dramatic and naive of what actually occurred there.

Obviously you didn't attend the Palace games where a group of us moved away from the standing GITS and were then told to return to our allocated seats by the stewards. Yes there was a large area where no one was sitting.

It was only when I made a few suggestions to the GIT in front of me that HE moved away and the pathetic steward ignored him.

It appears that by raising the possibility of persons being injured that supporters of standing in the seating area have woken up and shown their true colours.

I hope the Crawley safety staff and stewards make sure this selfish attitude is stamped out.

Cool
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notso wrote:
Tonyt wrote:

Cool

Or just plain silly.

What would they do, hurdle over 20 rows of seats on the way down?
James
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 300

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonyt wrote:
Bianchiboy wrote:
Tonyt wrote:

Cool

Obviously you didn't attend the Palace games where a group of us moved away from the standing GITS and were then told to return to our allocated seats by the stewards. Yes there was a large area where no one was sitting.

It was only when I made a few suggestions to the GIT in front of me that HE moved away and the pathetic steward ignored him.

It appears that by raising the possibility of persons being injured that supporters of standing in the seating area have woken up and shown their true colours.

I hope the Crawley safety staff and stewards make sure this selfish attitude is stamped out.

Cool

You're referencing Hillsborough yet the situation you mention happened at an all-seater stadium.

Weird, just weird.
Tonyt
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
notso wrote:
Tonyt wrote:

Cool

Or just plain silly.

I didn't see you as a 'standing in the seated area' supporter Simon. It looks as if the review of standing at grounds needs to be implemented quickly.

Shocked
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonyt wrote:
Simon wrote:
notso wrote:
Tonyt wrote:

Cool

Or just plain silly.

I didn't see you as a 'standing in the seated area' supporter Simon. It looks as if the review of standing at grounds needs to be implemented quickly.

Shocked

I must say Tony you have me stumped here, as I haven't a clue what you are going on about.

I'm struggling with the comments about there being a crush when a goal is scored - surely seats would actually act as a natural 'break' and prevent that happening. Also what is the relevance to your comment about Hillsborough? That was a terraced area and the circumstances totally different.

Also when you refer to 'Crawley safety staff and stewards' stamping it out are you talking about a problem at home games? In my experience any standing in the West Stand is quickly jumped on by the stewards near us.

I do have sympathy when this happens at away games as it can also be a problem for youngsters trying to see. In the past I have found a quiet word does the trick. It's not as if we take thousands away, as Dan keeps telling us, and I have found the standing is usually in the back rows anyway. Labelling your fellow supporters as gits probably doesn't help.
Sussex Boy
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 25

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope the new safe standing gets the go-ahead. Personally I hope it starts a revolution of football going back to how it was 20 years ago....FUN.

I hope it will lead to lower wages (maybe even a cap), lower ticket prices. Police having less say on what happens at football, and less power. Also maybe it will go back to the times when you could shout out, give a player some stick even get away with an odd swear word and not be accused of being a Hooligan and getting banned or thrown out! Maybe will even stop seeing Stewards manhandling people, especially younger people, after a goal is scored! Don't say it don't happen, just watch the football league show when they show the Leagues 1 and 2 goals!

FIGHT THE POWER!!!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: