CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

CTFC Financial Review
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bridgesboy79
Coach
Coach

Topics: 50

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
Player if told they have to go will leave. 13 player or 14 players we are going to be heavily reliant on loanees either way for the rest of this year so what is a couple more. By the end of March injuries will have piled up playing twice a week and i suspect 40 percent of the team will be loans just to fulfill the fixtures.

There is also a limit I believe on the number of loanees a team may have in a matchday squad - I think 5 is the maximum.
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bridgesboy79 wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:
Player if told they have to go will leave. 13 player or 14 players we are going to be heavily reliant on loanees either way for the rest of this year so what is a couple more. By the end of March injuries will have piled up playing twice a week and i suspect 40 percent of the team will be loans just to fulfill the fixtures.

There is also a limit I believe on the number of loanees a team may have in a matchday squad - I think 5 is the maximum.

We have two at the moment, so JG can bring three in initially. Atkins is only here for a month, so scope for another one. Hurst will be able to play for us again by then, and Jonte will be back. And possibly Bully?
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
On the annual income we know the owners are putting in 1.5m to keep us within the wage cap so I would have thought the wage bill might otherwise be quite high relative to income.

Okay - I've so far resisted the urge to speculate, but for what it is worth... my rough guesstimate of annual turnover is circa 3.5m-3.75m....

...so an injection of 1.5m means costs are upwards of 5m..!

Surprised
oakie
First Team
First Team

Topics: 55

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking Thad's figures and assuming the cash injection is to enable us to keep within the 60% wage cap it would suggest approx 3m i.e. 60% of 5m, as the wage budget for playing staff.

Think we will see out of contract players we are keen to keep negotiated onto new deals shortly, anyone who isn't in the plans will be allowed to leave in the summer.

For me I would want Paul Jones, Sadler, Fadz, Walsh, Connelly, Simpson and Clarke secured first. Lots of debate thereafter about retention or release of Tubbs, dicker, Drury, Bully, proctor, mike jones.

I see Hurst, Essam, Torres and the majority of the first/second yr pros being allowed to move on.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakie wrote:
Taking Thad's figures and assuming the cash injection is to enable us to keep within the 60% wage cap it would suggest approx 3m i.e. 60% of 5m, as the wage budget for playing staff.

Unfortunately the calculation is not that clear cut... as there are exclusions which offset the FFP formula - the likes of youth, community & infrastructure projects etc - which means that the wage bill is likely a bit higher...... on the way to nearer 3.5m..!

The club need to consider that point when reviewing cuts in those areas of operation.
Dean Howell's Hairdresser
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 7

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a ticket for the Wolves game today. The lady from the catering department was on the front desk. She was very helpful. I asked her if the Wolves game would be on and she thought it would be.

The first seven tickets I bought were 19 and todays price was 20. Whe quired I was told I could have it for 19.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And bang on cue... Brighton & Hove Albion announce 14.7m loss for 2012-13
mustaphashot
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 293

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wolves game is in March so how can anyone know if the game will be on.

A lady from the catering department commenting on whether the pitch will be fit is like the groundsman commenting on whether a Chateuneuf du Cack is better with fish or with meat. and how comes a lady from catering is acting as receptionist?
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting to see Brighton have lost over 23m in the last two years....

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26055733

I just can't see how it can be in the long term interests of football to have sugar daddies who bankroll this level of losses.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:

I just can't see how it can be in the long term interests of football to have sugar daddies who bankroll this level of losses.

At least he is doing the right things to enable the club to prosper if his generosity diminishes... investment in the stadium and spending 30m on a state-of-the-art training & youth academy facility at Lancing, hell of an investment but could in the long term be a major asset to them.

The most interesting aspect to their figures is the astronomical "Administrative and Operational costs" which at 17.2m is completely disproportionate to the Footballing costs of 20.9m...!

Spoeaking of meglomaniac owners... it is a complete zoo at Leeds United... what a palava..!
Maidenbower Millionaire
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 228

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
And bang on cue... Brighton & Hove Albion announce 14.7m loss for 2012-13

To have 92 professional league clubs plus many Conference professional clubs is not sustainable anymore

80/70/60/50 years ago crowds were massive as football served as the number 1 entertainment for the working man, now there are too many other distractions , one being football on TV in pubs .

I am afraid us "live match attending types" are an endangered species.

I can see clubs in lower leagues and conference going semi pro , just to survive. The players will have to find a job as well as play footy.
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally agree with the last post 24 sustainable pro clubs . The rest semi professional. TV money distorts reality for the rest.
notso
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 208

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
Totally agree with the last post 24 sustainable pro clubs . The rest semi professional. TV money distorts reality for the rest.

Well that should put a few numbers back on to the unemployment figures. I bet professional footballers love you!
mickf
Coach
Coach

Topics: 49

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:

Well in the interests of football as a whole in this country and to keep that interest going throughout for generations to come why not redistribute a bit more of that cash?
I am sure I heard some nonsense on Talksport the other day that players at one PL club get their cars warmed up ready for them after training. I suppose it is a job for somebody but talk about divorced from reality? Shocked
mickf
Coach
Coach

Topics: 49

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
Simon wrote:

At least he is doing the right things to enable the club to prosper if his generosity diminishes... investment in the stadium and spending 30m on a state-of-the-art training & youth academy facility at Lancing, hell of an investment but could in the long term be a major asset to them.

The most interesting aspect to their figures is the astronomical "Administrative and Operational costs" which at 17.2m is completely disproportionate to the Footballing costs of 20.9m...!

Spoeaking of meglomaniac owners... it is a complete zoo at Leeds United... what a palava..!

But he also seems to be bankrolling the on going losses as well as funding the developments, but what a way to run a business, and we get loads of snippy comments on the Argus site and elsewhere when our CEO comes out with some honest statements that money is very tight and that we have to look where every pound is spent. They just look in Bloom's pocket for the next one!
Mind we even get those comments from our own fans on here. We want to know what is going on so we get a statement from the CEO about how tight things are but that we are still going to keep things focussed on getting a competitive side out of the pitch (swamp)and still people want to know why we dont have such a slick operation as Brighton or Man City or whoever!! Crying or Very sad
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: