CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Stevenage game OFF
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crawley Tom
Youth team
Youth team

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedSussex wrote:
josefk wrote:

As for people in crawley taking an interest then the club needs to somehow take a lesson from the church. Not meaning we have to abuse them but get to them young. My 6 year old is, can't believe someone bought them for him, wearing chavski pyjamas because the nice chavski coaches take the after school football club at his school every week whereas we may put on a two/three day course in the school holidays. Not enough to get into their thoughts. It's got to go hand in glove, want the support of the community then be there for the community and be relevant to it, and that's not happening now.

I think you'll find the Community department provide much more than 'the odd holiday course' Sam and Simon do an excellent job with very little support from other people within the club.
They run a develop centre every Monday night which a friend of mine's boy attends. Aswell as after school clubs in the majority of schools in the Crawley area, just a shame really that they don't get the recognition or credit they deserve Confused

The community lads do a great job!
josefk
First Team
First Team

Topics: 15

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not knocking the community lads at all. My middle lad has been to events run by Sam and always enjoyed them, Sam is a nice fella without any doubt. What I was trying to say, and obviously not too well, was our impact in the community is not great. My youngest lad now, my middle lad now and last year only has clubs run by a London team at his school, a school that in the past has had free tickets thrown at it but the week in week out input is done by a London team. I'm really pleased it's different for your lad, I was generalising and not attacking them trying at all.

So, put it into context then, how many crawley and nearby schools have ctfc there running their football courses and being the ones in the kids minds? You've stated the majority so more than half of all schools, the lads from my son's two teams come from a selection of schools and none have ctfc in there and I've chatted at governor training with other governors and it's not been spoken of there, other teams but not us. That was my point. They have no reason to mislead me but if you're saying they're telling porkies then fair enough.

No doubt they work their socks off but how many are there?

Last edited by josefk on Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
josefk
First Team
First Team

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
josefk wrote:
I think you're actually stranger than me Simon, your point two is basically the same thing I stated the other day and I read it that I was wrong, now you're saying what they did don't help things. It's actually nice to know I'm not the most contrary around here. Very Happy

What I mean here is that I think JG followed a sensible approach in the window, moving on high earners and then waiting for the loan period to open. Unfortunately though by giving it large on the website about top 8 budgets and money available to strengthen it created an expectation amongst supporters.

Always better to under promise and over deliver, so really the club should have just said money is tight and we will need to let some people go before we can bring others in.

Can't disagree Simon as that was my point anyway regarding the bs we have been asked to swallow. Unfortunately we have the situation that we over promise and under deliver.

Why make statements about top 8 budgets then do what they have done. Not expecting the chief executive to shout "we're doomed" from the top of the stadium roof but asking for volunteers to help with ground duties and shutting part of the ground so you don't have to pay to steward it shouts potless, not flushed. So hopefully all the loanees will be paid by their current club or it could all be a cunning plan to spring a nice surprise on us all when it all comes good.
mustaphashot
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 293

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as it is not a cunning plan like Baldricks.
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
josefk wrote:
I think you're actually stranger than me Simon, your point two is basically the same thing I stated the other day and I read it that I was wrong, now you're saying what they did don't help things. It's actually nice to know I'm not the most contrary around here. Very Happy

Unfortunately though by giving it large on the website about top 8 budgets and money available to strengthen it created an expectation amongst supporters.

Unfortunately, it may have created an expectation amongst potential incoming players and their clubs too - thereby inflating demands.
Bianchiboy
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 16

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lee 66 wrote:
josefk wrote:
It's strange, I came away from supporting a premier league (1st division) after 32 years it would have to be free tickets, free travel and grub to get me back there personally and I was that mad about it that we got married on a Friday so I wouldn't miss the game Saturday. Can't even be bothered to watch motd anymore.

It's not a done deal that we have to decline back now but Simon was right with his list, to appeal more stop doing stupid things, like the over officious security.

Same with me .I was following West Ham all over the country in the 80s but now I couldn't care less.I think people like you and I josefk are few and far between though.

I think you would be surprised at how many current regulars have turned their backs on the Premier League, I know four including myself who have done just that.
Unfortunately it still is not enough, as we all know!
mickf
Coach
Coach

Topics: 49

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianchiboy wrote:
lee 66 wrote:
josefk wrote:
It's strange, I came away from supporting a premier league (1st division) after 32 years it would have to be free tickets, free travel and grub to get me back there personally and I was that mad about it that we got married on a Friday so I wouldn't miss the game Saturday. Can't even be bothered to watch motd anymore.

It's not a done deal that we have to decline back now but Simon was right with his list, to appeal more stop doing stupid things, like the over officious security.

Same with me .I was following West Ham all over the country in the 80s but now I couldn't care less.I think people like you and I josefk are few and far between though.

I think you would be surprised at how many current regulars have turned their backs on the Premier League, I know four including myself who have done just that.

Maybe you see sense as you get older, or maybe you see your money being spent on other things? Shocked
Mind you still still too many fat middle aged skin heads who still support Chelsea when you see the crowds - should know better!
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mickf wrote:

Mind you still still too many fat middle aged skin heads who still support Chelsea when you see the crowds - should know better!

That's all Chelsea fans isn't it? Wink
Astral Voyager
Coach
Coach

Topics: 111

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mickf wrote:
Bianchiboy wrote:
lee 66 wrote:
josefk wrote:

Maybe you see sense as you get older, or maybe you see your money being spent on other things? Shocked

The same skinheads who supported Chelsea when they were rubbish? Know better why? As the song went
'Skinhead not a fashion its a way of life'
mickf
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Astral Voyager wrote:
mickf wrote:
Bianchiboy wrote:
lee 66 wrote:
josefk wrote:

The same skinheads who supported Chelsea when they were rubbish? Know better why? As the song went

Because the local ones should be down here supporting Crawley!
It was a joke! Rolling Eyes
Astral Voyager
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mickf wrote:
Astral Voyager wrote:
mickf wrote:
Bianchiboy wrote:
lee 66 wrote:
josefk wrote:

Cool Cool

let you off then Cool
mickf
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Astral Voyager wrote:
mickf wrote:
Astral Voyager wrote:
mickf wrote:
Bianchiboy wrote:
lee 66 wrote:
josefk wrote:

Cool Cool

let you off then Cool

But also it is a Crawley Town forum, not a "love in" for overrated Prima Donna run PL clubs, so they should all be fair game on here be they Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal or whoever - shouldnt they? Confused Very Happy
Astral Voyager
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mickf wrote:
Astral Voyager wrote:
mickf wrote:
Astral Voyager wrote:
mickf wrote:
Bianchiboy wrote:
lee 66 wrote:
josefk wrote:

Cool Cool

let you off then Cool

But also it is a Crawley Town forum, not a "love in" for overrated Prima Donna run PL clubs, so they should all be fair game on here be they Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal or whoever - shouldnt they? Confused Very Happy

Exactly..who'd support Chelsea Spurs or Arsenal anyway? Confused
RedSussex
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 8

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

josefk wrote:
I'm not knocking the community lads at all. My middle lad has been to events run by Sam and always enjoyed them, Sam is a nice fella without any doubt. What I was trying to say, and obviously not too well, was our impact in the community is not great. My youngest lad now, my middle lad now and last year only has clubs run by a London team at his school, a school that in the past has had free tickets thrown at it but the week in week out input is done by a London team. I'm really pleased it's different for your lad, I was generalising and not attacking them trying at all.

So, put it into context then, how many crawley and nearby schools have ctfc there running their football courses and being the ones in the kids minds? You've stated the majority so more than half of all schools, the lads from my son's two teams come from a selection of schools and none have ctfc in there and I've chatted at governor training with other governors and it's not been spoken of there, other teams but not us. That was my point. They have no reason to mislead me but if you're saying they're telling porkies then fair enough.

No doubt they work their socks off but how many are there?

I know for a fact that sessions are run at both Three Bridges Schools along with Pound Hill, Milton Mount, The Maidenbower Schools, Gossops Green and Broadfield East. And I'm sure there are many more as well.
Equally I don't disagree with you that more work can still be done, certainly from the CEOs/marketing point of view.

From conversations with the community coaches that do come to my boys school the club are very detached from the department, I don't recall Mr Dunford mentioning the department at all since his arrival and I also cant remember the last time anything was written about them in the programme promoting the work they do, especially things like the REDs development centre which is a great idea and is really re-engaging with kids who were let down by the academy on two separate occasions!

These are good news stories that the club should really be shouting from the rooftops to try and engage people in the local community.
josefk
First Team
First Team

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry my friend but your facts are fiction. They may run soccer schools in the holiday at the schools but not week in, week out. I'm a governor at one of the schools you mention and know who uses the facilities, I wish we were one of the offerings but we're not, and my youngest son goes to another school you mention and the football training is done by chavski. That's the only one on offer. I will ask why they haven't allowed me to sign my lad up to the ctfc training since you state it is there for him.

I wasn't knocking the community lads but please don't put "facts" out that are wrong.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: