CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |


Stevenage game OFF
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Simon
Manager
Manager


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 09 Jul 2017
Posts: 12671
Topics: 380

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mustaphashot wrote:
A well writren post as always, Mick.
Could it be the change in CEO has lead to a complete change of direction and policy. The thing that upsets me is that it appears that no matter what the club does, it doesn't lead to an increase in attendance. As has been posted many times before, it cannot continue like this. And I do not mean it is the fault of the club-the Crawley public in general is just not interested: Crawley population approx 110,00, loyal Crawley fans 2.500.


Well 4 years ago we were playing in front of around 700 Crawley fans so we must have done something right. These things take time to build.

Unfortunately though I do feel that the club does not always make it's decisions very wisely. For example:

1. Twice in the last few years we have set up an academy only to close it down again. How many parents (aka potential supporters) did that leave hacked off?

2. In mid December the club made a statement saying we had a top 8 budget and JG had money to spend in the window. Since which time it has been largely departures and not arrivals leaving many supporters disappointed.

3. Whilst the late postponement on Saturday may not have been the club's fault, did we need to end up up with an unhappy customers on here saying they went at 11am and paid 38, went back at 2pm and the club's opening stance was 'no refunds today'.

4. General over officious security in the ground which didn't do much for goodwill.

5. The club encourages advance purchase of tickets, however for the BR game it took 5 attempts to get through.

For small businesses like ours it's essential that customers get a good experience.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mickf
Coach
Coach


Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Last Visit: 14 Dec 2014
Posts: 3026
Topics: 49
Location: Southgate

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon's post much along the lines of my one about the demise of "fan engagement". Not to say those running the club are not working hard/doing a decent job but for all their faults the RLow and Ryan Murrant crew were certainly getting our name out there and pushing the whole thing of giving fans a decent experience (and those were mainly the things that didnt cost much if anything to do).
I know I have mentioned it before (and indeed did emphasis to our CEO what an important symbol Reggie was), but the *beep* up with regard to revamping Reggie, he has been a fantastic symbol of the club, was cheeky, fun and by far the best mascot I have seen, a source of goodwill etc. We for some reason feel the need to update him, and what do we end up with but a pale imitation of the original who scares the kids! And it would be nice if the club acknowledged their mistake and brought back the "real" one, even if he is falling to bits?
My own personal low this last few months (apart from some pretty dire home performances) was the complete shambles of the ticketing for the last Bristol Rovers game when I went along to try and get an advanced ticket to lessen queuing and was told no advance tickets, no problems there will be no queuing just turn up at your turnstile on the night. Ended up with a much bigger crowd due to reduced prices, huge queues to get in and most if not all of it avoidable (and pretty much the chaos predicted by people on here who having been coming to Crawley games for a long time). There were several comments along these lines after the event but not a word from anybody at the club.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager


Joined: 17 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 15 Jul 2018
Posts: 11231
Topics: 379

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
mustaphashot wrote:
A well writren post as always, Mick.
Could it be the change in CEO has lead to a complete change of direction and policy. The thing that upsets me is that it appears that no matter what the club does, it doesn't lead to an increase in attendance. As has been posted many times before, it cannot continue like this. And I do not mean it is the fault of the club-the Crawley public in general is just not interested: Crawley population approx 110,00, loyal Crawley fans 2.500.


Well 4 years ago we were playing in front of around 700 Crawley fans so we must have done something right. These things take time to build.

Unfortunately though I do feel that the club does not always make it's decisions very wisely. For example:

1. Twice in the last few years we have set up an academy only to close it down again. How many parents (aka potential supporters) did that leave hacked off?

2. In mid December the club made a statement saying we had a top 8 budget and JG had money to spend in the window. Since which time it has been largely departures and not arrivals leaving many supporters disappointed.

3. Whilst the late postponement on Saturday may not have been the club's fault, did we need to end up up with an unhappy customers on here saying they went at 11am and paid 38, went back at 2pm and the club's opening stance was 'no refunds today'.

4. General over officious security in the ground which didn't do much for goodwill.

5. The club encourages advance purchase of tickets, however for the BR game it took 5 attempts to get through.

For small businesses like ours it's essential that customers get a good experience.
the club haaave not said whether they got a suitab;y qualified ref to inspect BEFORE placing covers in the picth. we dont know all the facts so how can we say anyone is or is not at fault?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mustaphashot
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 06 Mar 2007
Last Visit: 25 May 2017
Posts: 4770
Topics: 293

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The assistant referre stated the pitch was playable.
An hour and a half later the referee stated the pitch was unplayable.
It is impossible that both were correct therefore one was at fault.

QED
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
josefk
First Team
First Team


Joined: 18 Oct 2010
Last Visit: 09 Sep 2017
Posts: 1090
Topics: 15
Location: West Stand A90

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
mustaphashot wrote:
A well writren post as always, Mick.
Could it be the change in CEO has lead to a complete change of direction and policy. The thing that upsets me is that it appears that no matter what the club does, it doesn't lead to an increase in attendance. As has been posted many times before, it cannot continue like this. And I do not mean it is the fault of the club-the Crawley public in general is just not interested: Crawley population approx 110,00, loyal Crawley fans 2.500.


Well 4 years ago we were playing in front of around 700 Crawley fans so we must have done something right. These things take time to build.

Unfortunately though I do feel that the club does not always make it's decisions very wisely. For example:

1. Twice in the last few years we have set up an academy only to close it down again. How many parents (aka potential supporters) did that leave hacked off?

2. In mid December the club made a statement saying we had a top 8 budget and JG had money to spend in the window. Since which time it has been largely departures and not arrivals leaving many supporters disappointed.

3. Whilst the late postponement on Saturday may not have been the club's fault, did we need to end up up with an unhappy customers on here saying they went at 11am and paid 38, went back at 2pm and the club's opening stance was 'no refunds today'.

4. General over officious security in the ground which didn't do much for goodwill.

5. The club encourages advance purchase of tickets, however for the BR game it took 5 attempts to get through.

For small businesses like ours it's essential that customers get a good experience.


I think you're actually stranger than me Simon, your point two is basically the same thing I stated the other day and I read it that I was wrong, now you're saying what they did don't help things. It's actually nice to know I'm not the most contrary around here. Very Happy

As for people in crawley taking an interest then the club needs to somehow take a lesson from the church. Not meaning we have to abuse them but get to them young. My 6 year old is, can't believe someone bought them for him, wearing chavski pyjamas because the nice chavski coaches take the after school football club at his school every week whereas we may put on a two/three day course in the school holidays. Not enough to get into their thoughts. It's got to go hand in glove, want the support of the community then be there for the community and be relevant to it, and that's not happening now.

Could understand more if it was Brighton but a London club in Sussex, crazy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football


Joined: 17 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 30 May 2017
Posts: 15160
Topics: 214
Location: The Parish of Rusper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

josefk wrote:
Could understand more if it was Brighton but a London club (Chelsea) in Sussex, crazy.


They wouldn't get away with it anywhere in Sussex but the Chelsea stronghold that is Crawley.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lee 66
Coach
Coach


Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Last Visit: 23 May 2017
Posts: 2358
Topics: 104

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
josefk wrote:
Could understand more if it was Brighton but a London club (Chelsea) in Sussex, crazy.


They wouldn't get away with it anywhere in Sussex but the Chelsea stronghold that is Crawley.


Without doubt Chelsea are the most supported team in Crawley. It's been that way for a few years now unfortunately.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lee 66
Coach
Coach


Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Last Visit: 23 May 2017
Posts: 2358
Topics: 104

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for the town and surrounding areas getting behind Crawley,well,I'm sorry to say it just hasn't happened.
We have in my opipion reached the top off the tree and will see over the next couple of seasons our slide back to the conference.
The glamour and prestige of the premier league will smother any real hope we have of building our fan base.We all know it .I have over the last 10 years managed to get people who support premier league clubs too give Crawley a go. All have now gone back to the clubs they follow in the premier league.
We have tried and tried but it's just not happening fast enough.It's a shame the one thing we don't have Is time.
We are skint and the fat lady is warming het vocals.
See ya on Saturday.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
josefk
First Team
First Team


Joined: 18 Oct 2010
Last Visit: 09 Sep 2017
Posts: 1090
Topics: 15
Location: West Stand A90

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's strange, I came away from supporting a premier league (1st division) after 32 years and it would have to be free tickets, free travel and grub to get me back there personally and I was that mad about it that we got married on a Friday so I wouldn't miss the game Saturday. Can't even be bothered to watch motd anymore.

It's not a done deal that we have to decline back now but Simon was right with his list, to appeal more stop doing stupid things, like the over officious security.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lee 66
Coach
Coach


Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Last Visit: 23 May 2017
Posts: 2358
Topics: 104

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

josefk wrote:
It's strange, I came away from supporting a premier league (1st division) after 32 years and it would have to be free tickets, free travel and grub to get me back there personally and I was that mad about it that we got married on a Friday so I wouldn't miss the game Saturday. Can't even be bothered to watch motd anymore.

It's not a done deal that we have to decline back now but Simon was right with his list, to appeal more stop doing stupid things, like the over officious security.


Same with me .I was following West Ham all over the country in the 80s but now I couldn't care less.I think people like you and I josefk are few and far between though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
josefk
First Team
First Team


Joined: 18 Oct 2010
Last Visit: 09 Sep 2017
Posts: 1090
Topics: 15
Location: West Stand A90

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lee 66 wrote:
josefk wrote:
It's strange, I came away from supporting a premier league (1st division) after 32 years and it would have to be free tickets, free travel and grub to get me back there personally and I was that mad about it that we got married on a Friday so I wouldn't miss the game Saturday. Can't even be bothered to watch motd anymore.

It's not a done deal that we have to decline back now but Simon was right with his list, to appeal more stop doing stupid things, like the over officious security.


Same with me .I was following West Ham all over the country in the 80s but now I couldn't care less.I think people like you and I josefk are few and far between though.


There's a few people quite happy that people like me are few and far between, I'm sure they're jealous of the uniqueness. That's what I tell myself anyway.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Astral Voyager
Coach
Coach


Joined: 07 Feb 2012
Last Visit: 25 May 2015
Posts: 1834
Topics: 111

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lee 66 wrote:
Ian wrote:
josefk wrote:
Could understand more if it was Brighton but a London club (Chelsea) in Sussex, crazy.


They wouldn't get away with it anywhere in Sussex but the Chelsea stronghold that is Crawley.


Without doubt Chelsea are the most supported team in Crawley. It's been that way for a few years now unfortunately.


Did laugh when Blackburn won league and saw loads of their away shirts worn round Crawley...not seen many City though
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lee 66
Coach
Coach


Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Last Visit: 23 May 2017
Posts: 2358
Topics: 104

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder why a few of us have seen the light and embraced following out local club yet the vast majority have never bought into and are just not willing too try.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RedSussex
Reserve team
Reserve team


Joined: 14 Dec 2010
Last Visit: 31 Aug 2015
Posts: 150
Topics: 8
Location: Crawley

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

josefk wrote:

As for people in crawley taking an interest then the club needs to somehow take a lesson from the church. Not meaning we have to abuse them but get to them young. My 6 year old is, can't believe someone bought them for him, wearing chavski pyjamas because the nice chavski coaches take the after school football club at his school every week whereas we may put on a two/three day course in the school holidays. Not enough to get into their thoughts. It's got to go hand in glove, want the support of the community then be there for the community and be relevant to it, and that's not happening now.


I think you'll find the Community department provide much more than 'the odd holiday course' Sam and Simon do an excellent job with very little support from other people within the club.
They run a develop centre every Monday night which a friend of mine's boy attends. Aswell as after school clubs in the majority of schools in the Crawley area, just a shame really that they don't get the recognition or credit they deserve Confused
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Simon
Manager
Manager


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 09 Jul 2017
Posts: 12671
Topics: 380

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

josefk wrote:
I think you're actually stranger than me Simon, your point two is basically the same thing I stated the other day and I read it that I was wrong, now you're saying what they did don't help things. It's actually nice to know I'm not the most contrary around here. Very Happy


What I mean here is that I think JG followed a sensible approach in the window, moving on high earners and then waiting for the loan period to open. Unfortunately though by giving it large on the website about top 8 budgets and money available to strengthen it created an expectation amongst supporters.

Always better to under promise and over deliver, so really the club should have just said money is tight and we will need to let some people go before we can bring others in.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum






This forum is run independently from and has no connection with the Crawley Town Football Club official site
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group :: Spelling by SpellingCow.


  Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit