CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Tubbs in on loan
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
Simon wrote:
Graza wrote:
We missed a trick not signing Tyrone B.

Is that because he did not receive enough votes in the D Pottinger chatroom?

Do you think Dave Pottinger's tweets really had any bearing on the loan signing?

No of course not, I just forgot to add the Wink

Anyone reading the Sky article will surely have a good laugh. A bit like the slapstick Q&As we used to have on here.

Maybe MyFC will bid for the club and we can pick the team as well. Should guarantee Serge a game (ps Wink).
far2jammy
First Team
First Team

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazed by the negativity around bringing Tubbs back.

Facts are we create lots of chances and score very few goals. So the club brings back a proven goal scorer. If he had emulated his Crawley record with Rotherham we would never of got him. Often players in particular strikers don't gel at some clubs. I don't think league one is above him his goal per minute on the pitch ratio at Bournemouth was a goal very other game which is still top notch and that was with out a steady run in the side.

Appreciate he may be older and may never be the same player again so the club has been clever in only doing a month deal. But if he does well he stays win win.

Lets all hope he can score at half the ratio of his past record at the club we have a chance of play offs.

He looked tiered on the interview but I thought both his and Gregory's interviews were very positive.
UpTheCherries
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very surprised by the reaction on here.

I don't really know what happened at Rotherham, but from what I've read his impact has been heavily hit by injuries and illness, Steve Evans also suggests he could have struggled living oop norf.

Moving back to Crawley is like a second home for him so he should be a lot happier.

He might not have started and scored as many goals as he would have liked for us last season, but he always gave 100% was still very popular with the fans and never lost his natural goal scoring touch.

I'm very hopeful once he returns to full match fitness that he will dust off his goalscoring boots for you.
mickf
Coach
Coach

Topics: 49

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

far2jammy wrote:
Amazed by the negativity around bringing Tubbs back.

Facts are we create lots of chances and score very few goals. So the club brings back a proven goal scorer. If he had emulated his Crawley record with Rotherham we would never of got him. Often players in particular strikers don't gel at some clubs. I don't think league one is above him his goal per minute on the pitch ratio at Bournemouth was a goal very other game which is still top notch and that was with out a steady run in the side.

Appreciate he may be older and may never be the same player again so the club has been clever in only doing a month deal. But if he does well he stays win win.

Lets all hope he can score at half the ratio of his past record at the club we have a chance of play offs.

He looked tiered on the interview but I thought both his and Gregory's interviews were very positive.

I havent seen much negativity, some concern maybe that he will not achieve what he did before, and maybe tarnish his image a bit, but overall people seem to think the club cannot lose by it and Matt will benefit from being "loved" and knows people will appreciate his workrate (and hopefully his goals!).
phil jarman
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 38

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Matty was a wee bit of the pace and quite rightly so after a lengthy time out......remember he was at his peak with us , goals he can score ,but has to be at the races as fast and furious league 1 is tougher than ever
Good luck though Tubbsy ,Crawley Legend
John The Gas
Coach
Coach

Topics: 85

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Tubbsy was at the game last night,he must have been thinking "What have I let myself in for" Wink

JTG
d_c_bryan
First Team
First Team

Topics: 19

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John The Gas wrote:
If Tubbsy was at the game last night,he must have been thinking "What have I let myself in for" Wink

JTG

He was, standing in the exec area with Billy Clarke
E Sussex R
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 4

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John The Gas wrote:

JTG

More likely he'll have said - 'it'll be easy getting a start in this team'.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lets hope MT doesnt gel like jelly Wink i think valid point we do create chances and need someone to stick them in the back of the net he could be our man lets hope so!
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
....he could be our man lets hope so!

Faint praise for a man who not so long ago was valued by you at a few million..(?)

Rolling Eyes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: